ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bayless with great explanation on why QB Sneak call was okay....
petegz28 11:51 AM 10-19-2019
According to him 1 QB has ever been hurt doing a QB prior to Mahomes.

[Reply]
notorious 01:00 PM 10-19-2019
Mahomes is a fucking football player. Of course the call is okay.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:06 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
One of you idiots that didn't like the play call please explain to me how you dislocate your knee cap from having a hurt ankle on the other leg? He has a better chance of hurting himself on a non contact play then he does hurting himself on a fucking QB sneak. I have never in my life heard a fan base bitch and cry because a QB ran a sneak. All the hits he takes after he throws the ball have a higher chance of hurting him, then running a QB sneak. Some of you are so fucking stupid it hurts.
The short answer is, you don't.

The long answer is that you could see contralateral knee injuries due to favoring the left ankle by placing more torque on the right knee due to unequal body weight distribution. This was not the case with the QB sneak

I disagreed with the call because calling for a QB sneak when your quarterback has a gimpy ankle does not make sense to me. Anything can happen in a pile, and I was worried his ankle would get stepped on again.

4th and short conversion rates are about 20% higher with QB sneaks than they are with running backs, didn't seem worth it to me with Mahomes banged up.

You really think that he has a higher likelihood of being injured on a "non-contact" play than a contact play like a sneak? That sounds stupid to me. I don't recall a single injury for Mahomes that was resultant from non-contact.
[Reply]
notorious 01:07 PM 10-19-2019
After we got stuffed against Indy on 4th and 1, there is no way I'm calling run.

If Denver stones us there, the game is different.

Reid made the right call. It was a freak injury FFS.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:10 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
After we got stuffed against Indy on 4th and 1, there is no way I'm calling run.

Sure, if we don't convert on 4th it's a different game, but the outcome was ultimately the same as just kicking a field goal. We just lost our QB in the process.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:20 PM 10-19-2019
It's fine if he was healthy.

I'm aware that the injury occurred on his other leg, but I don't want Mahomes on a bum ankle in a pile with 300 lb+ linemen.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:36 PM 10-19-2019
Shannon Sharpe sounds like an idiot.

"There's a risk!!!!!"

"But literally no one gets hurt on QB sneaks."

"But there's a risk!!!!"
[Reply]
burt 01:41 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'd agree with Shannon the pro over Skip the pundit
But Skip, the pro broadcaster is easier to understand....
[Reply]
petegz28 01:49 PM 10-19-2019
Mahomes is a ****ing football player. Of course the call is okay.
^
[Reply]
petegz28 01:50 PM 10-19-2019

And didn't they just stuff us on 3rd & 1?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:56 PM 10-19-2019
Hey, do you guys also believe in voodoo? How about the Madden Curse? Witches?

You do realize that if Mahomes had never injured his left ankle and ran that play, and everything had played out exactly the same in terms of who fell on who in the exact same way/order, Pat would've popped his kneecap anyway, right?

What if they had run that play and right at the snap, a meteor hit Mahomes in the leg? Do we blame Andy and the play-call for the meteor hitting him in the leg?

Can I sell you guys a few bridges here in AZ? Maybe a lifetime's supply of tinfoil hats?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:02 PM 10-19-2019
That "gimpy ankle" they and some of you keep talking about didn't even have extra tape on it when they showed his feet on the broadcast.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:07 PM 10-19-2019
Since when does anyone listen to what the POS Skip Bayless have to say?
[Reply]
SupDock 02:10 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hey, do you guys also believe in voodoo? How about the Madden Curse? Witches?

You do realize that if Mahomes had never injured his left ankle and ran that play, and everything had played out exactly the same in terms of who fell on who in the exact same way/order, Pat would've popped his kneecap anyway, right?

What if they had run that play and right at the snap, a meteor hit Mahomes in the leg? Do we blame Andy and the play-call for the meteor hitting him in the leg?

Can I sell you guys a few bridges here in AZ? Maybe a lifetime's supply of tinfoil hats?
What does this even mean? No one is saying his ankle caused the knee injury.

If Mahomes hadn't injured his knee, a few people may have commented "oof, that made me nervous with his ankle bothering him" and then we all collectively move on.
The fact that he suffered a knee injury places the call under a microscope.
I'm not saying it was a boneheaded idiotic call, I'm saying I didn't like it because of his ankle. I was worried about him getting inadvertently stepped on or rolled on.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:10 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Since when does anyone listen to what the POS Skip Bayless have to say?
Well, he's right. :-)
[Reply]
Warrick 04:04 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, he's right. :-)
He's mostly wrong when it comes to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up