Chargers
Cincinnati
@ New York
@ Kansas City
Tennessee
Jacksonville
@ Los Angeles
@Denver

Oakland is mediocre, but their schedule after the next three is pretty pathetic. They could finish 10-6 or better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:49 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
We don't have an elite pass rushing D but we are getting better. Week one this team was very raw, they are still raw but getting better every week. I am not saying we are playoff contenders but I see a helluva lot improvement

Beat the Packers tomorrow & you’ll get my attention.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:24 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
And we held you scoreless for 3 qtrs as well and don't say KC let up because that don't happen in this rivalry.

We were blasted in the 2nd qtr, Your D knew we had to pass to get back in it. D is alot easier when you know whats coming. it was some beautiful passes in that qtr by PM

Actually, if you review the game, it's obvious that the Chiefs tried to score with their first two possessions of the second half, and then at about the 6:30 mark of the 3rd quarter they quite clearly took their foot off the gas.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:55 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, if you review the game, it's obvious that the Chiefs tried to score with their first two possessions of the second half, and then at about the 6:30 mark of the 3rd quarter they quite clearly took their foot off the gas.
Which is what Andy has done in, oh, I don’t know...EVERY game he’s ever had a nice lead?

But no, it’s different during Raider week, and Gruden’s staff just made brilliant adjustments.

What’s with these AFC West fans? On the Denver board, somebody called the Thursday night game our Super Bowl. Shit you not. More like the “We can beat you with a Mahomes tied behind our back” Bowl.

At this point, I’d be pissed off to lose a single game vs the AFC West.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:07 PM 10-19-2019
Btw, didn’t one of those two drives include the 60 yd bomb to Hardman that was wiped off due to a weak penalty?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:08 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Which is what Andy has done in, oh, I don’t know...EVERY game he’s ever had a nice lead?

But no, it’s different during Raider week, and Gruden’s staff just made brilliant adjustments.

What’s with these AFC West fans? On the Denver board, somebody called the Thursday night game our Super Bowl. Shit you not. More like the “We can beat you with a Mahomes tied behind our back” Bowl.

At this point, I’d be pissed off to lose a single game vs the AFC West.
Yeah, Andy's not a "run up the score" kind of coach. He's never been a Sean Payton kind of "let's rub your nose in it" guy. I think he literally does the math, figures out about how long it's going to take for a team to score three times or whatever, and then after the clock ticks below that time, he goes into cruise mode or whatever.

I don't really mind it that much; he's right most of the time and it saves wear and tear on the players. But I do wish he'd "stick the dagger in" with that extra score before he went into cruise mode. It would be better for my blood pressure anyway . . .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:09 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
What will be funny is when the Raiders get smashed by GB and we beat them with Matt fucking Moore.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:13 PM 10-19-2019
Yeah, Andy's not a "run up the score" kind of coach. He's never been a Sean Payton kind of "let's rub your nose in it" guy. I think he literally does the math, figures out about how long it's going to take for a team to score three times or whatever, and then after the clock ticks below that time, he goes into cruise mode or whatever.

I don't really mind it that much; he's right most of the time and it saves wear and tear on the players. But I do wish he'd "stick the dagger in" with that extra score before he went into cruise mode. It would be better for my blood pressure anyway . . .
Well, it’s cost him some games. I think it cost him the Titans playoff game.

I don’t think he should ever hit the brakes in the 3rd quarter. Unless it’s a disgusting, 50-7 type situation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:25 PM 10-19-2019
Btw, didn’t one of those two drives include the 60 yd bomb to Hardman that was wiped off due to a weak penalty?
Yep. Think that was the second one. Then the clock hit 6:30 to go in the 3rd or whatever it was, and the offense went into dink and dunk, run up the middle, no motion mode. All the routes were short; they were just killing clock. At the time I liked it because I wanted to see our offense effectively kill clock. Just to see if they could do it efficiently and consistently.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:27 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What will be funny is when the Raiders get smashed by GB and we beat them with Matt ****ing Moore.
This.

Oakland loses tomorrow and we’re effectively 3 games up on them.
[Reply]
alanm 06:00 PM 10-19-2019
I know people here get off on being sophomoric and all, but what's so controversial about this?

Last week the narrative was "Mahomes has no help--we suck! We won't make da playoffs, worst D in NFL history!!"

Now we're not worried about losing him for four games? No one's worried about the defense anymore? All is fixed? Because...they put Flacco on the ground?

The only thing being suggested here is that a semi-decent Oakland might be able to beat some shitbags on their schedule. Again, they don't have to beat a single good team to finish 10-6.
Yeah.. It is all kind of silly isn't it? :-)
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:23 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
I bet it doesn't even come down to that. Oakland is going to lose games they "should / could" win, because they don't know how to win consistently when it means something. There is way more pressure to win when you're expected to, and actually are playing for something, than there is when you're just playing to improve. Watch...

Thats an honest take and could very well play out that way
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:26 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Shit if we beat the Packers I will be banned here (again)
[Reply]
jdubya 06:53 PM 10-19-2019
But Carr.......... /endthreadmicdrop
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:12 PM 10-19-2019
I can envision a scenario where KC finishes 8-8 or 9-7
The Kansas City Chiefs are not finishing 8 and 8, you delusional jackwagon.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:33 PM 10-19-2019
Oakland's schedule:

@ Green Bay = LOSS
@ Houston = LOSS
Detroit = TOSS UP
Chargers = WIN
Cincinnati = WIN
@ New York = TOSS UP
@ Kansas City = LOSS
Tennessee = TOSS UP
Jacksonville = LOSS
@ Los Angeles = TOSS UP
@Denver = WIN

and your'e on here bragging? Really? PISS OFF troll!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up