Chargers
Cincinnati
@ New York
@ Kansas City
Tennessee
Jacksonville
@ Los Angeles
@Denver

Oakland is mediocre, but their schedule after the next three is pretty pathetic. They could finish 10-6 or better.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:06 AM 10-19-2019
I know people here get off on being sophomoric and all, but what's so controversial about this?

Last week the narrative was "Mahomes has no help--we suck! We won't make da playoffs, worst D in NFL history!!"

Now we're not worried about losing him for four games? No one's worried about the defense anymore? All is fixed? Because...they put Flacco on the ground?

The only thing being suggested here is that a semi-decent Oakland might be able to beat some shitbags on their schedule. Again, they don't have to beat a single good team to finish 10-6.
[Reply]
TEX 10:10 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I know people here get off on being sophomoric and all, but what's so controversial about this?

Last week the narrative was "Mahomes has no help--we suck! We won't make da playoffs, worst D in NFL history!!"

Now we're not worried about losing him for four games? No one's worried about the defense anymore? All is fixed? Because...they put Flacco on the ground?

The only thing being suggested here is that a semi-decent Oakland might be able to beat some shitbags on their schedule. Again, they don't have to beat a single good team to finish 10-6.
No, but they do have to beat teams when the games count more and that is more pressure. A team needs to learn how to win, before it can count on winning games that it needs to win. I don't think Oakland passes that test and they'll lose a couple that they "should / could" win. I can see them losing several out of Jets, Lions, Chargers, Titans, Jags.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:17 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
No, but they do have to beat teams when the games count more and that is more pressure. A team needs to learn how to win, before they can count on winning games they need to win. I don't think Oakland passes that test and they'll lose a couple that they "should" win.
Probably, but they might steal one or two that they shouldn't win.

Regardless, I can envision a scenario where KC finishes 8-8 or 9-7, with Moore at the helm for a month, and games in New England and Chicago down the stretch.
[Reply]
TEX 10:21 AM 10-19-2019
Probably, but they might steal one or two that they shouldn't win.

Regardless, I can envision a scenario where KC finishes 8-8 or 9-7, with Moore at the helm for a month, and games in New England and Chicago down the stretch.
Only way that happens is IF KC loses every game while Mahomes is out. If Mahomes misses 4 games & KC goes 2-2 and loses to NE & Chi - that's 10-6 right there. VERY Doable.

I think 10-6 wins the West and will certainly get a WC b/c the AFC as a whole isn't very deep. 9-7 has a decent chance this year of getting a WC.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:25 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Of they could drop a couple they shouldn’t and run themselves out of the race.

The division really revolves around Mahomes.

Never underestimate Gruden’s ability to underdeliver
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:31 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Only way that happens is IF KC loses every game while Mahomes is out. If Mahomes misses 4 games & KC goes 2-2 and loses to NE & Chi - that's 10-6 right there. VERY Doable.

I think 10-6 wins the West and will certainly get a WC b/c the AFC as a whole isn't very deep. 9-7 has a decent chance this year of getting a WC.
You're saying you can't see a scenario where Moore drops 3 of 4 and Mahomes loses in New England and Chicago? That's 9-7.

And what if the Chargers get healthy and get their shit together? Those games may not be gimmes.

Color me concerned when we're likely to have a disadvantage at QB and defense in four straight games. Unless the defense continues what they started Thursday.
[Reply]
TEX 10:59 AM 10-19-2019
You're saying you can't see a scenario where Moore drops 3 of 4 and Mahomes loses in New England and Chicago? That's 9-7.

And what if the Chargers get healthy and get their shit together? Those games may not be gimmes.

Color me concerned when we're likely to have a disadvantage at QB and defense in four straight games. Unless the defense continues what they started Thursday.
Sure I can see that IF I look pretty far. I also see a not-so-good AFC West and I don't think any of the pseudo contenders will completely cash in on KC's misfortune. I've already explained how I think it goes for Oakland. I feel the same way about the Chargers, because that's who they are.
[Reply]
wheeler08 11:47 AM 10-19-2019
They could also lose out
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:14 PM 10-19-2019

It just seems like people here flip flop on a weekly basis. Last week the sky was falling. This week everyone's beating their chests and confident in the defense after beating a trash team. Kinda bizarre.

With all the injuries, we may not have a talent advantage in any of the next four games. Yet it's a unanimous feeling that they'll go at least 2-2.

People who normally have zero faith in Reid must suddenly have a lot of faith in Reid.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:45 PM 10-19-2019
Maybe I read the OP wrong.

I was only looking at the question in terms of capabilities, not likelihoods, or historical precedents. Just the capabilities of the Raiders and their opponents as constructed this season. Not whether the Raiders would, just could.

Bottom line, they've played enough good games to make me think that they could have a winning season, and MAYBE win 10 games.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:47 PM 10-19-2019
It might have been had we lost in Denver.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:50 PM 10-19-2019
But there`s Carr........mediocre player of the year at best
[Reply]
R8RFAN 01:51 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Lmao.

Derek Carr has literally never stepped up in big situations. They will shit the bed while Mahomes is out and by the time he gets back they’ll have missed their chance.

Yea he only last week drove 92 yards against the best D in football for the win
[Reply]
jdubya 01:54 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Yea he only last week drove 92 yards against the best D in football for the win
True but he rode on Jacobs shoulders....Carr is consistently inconsistent. I think he poops the bed tomorrow and makes his eyeliner run
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:01 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
True but he rode on Jacobs shoulders....Carr is consistently inconsistent. I think he poops the bed tomorrow and makes his eyeliner run

Every successful QB in the NFL has a good RB... Yall got a good RB but you would rather have PM running for your first downs... so foolish

If the Chiefs would have mixed up that offense a bit there would not be a team in the NFL that could hang with you.

You either score or you punt too fast no long grind em out drives to keep that shitty D off the field.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up