ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>SHOULD we make any moves before the deadline?
UChieffyBugger 11:50 AM 10-18-2019
When Pat went down and all hell broke loose, folks were thinking we'd be picking quite high in next years draft!!! :-) . But now the good news about the MRI has come through does Brett stick or twist where getting new players is concerned? I still say make moves. If we can get PP and maybe a line-baker or DT to give this defense a real chance to be decent by January then why not? I think defense and running the ball are more important than ever now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Why would we want any defender in the Bengals, the worst defense in the league

Have you watched Miami?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:24 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Have you watched Miami?
Cincy has the worst run defense in the league by allowing 184 yards a game. Miami only at 169
[Reply]
bobhill 11:34 PM 10-19-2019
Why not just sign Zach Brown?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:59 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by bobhill:
Why not just sign Zach Brown?
His production is way down this year and he is borderline uncoachable. Pass.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:28 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Yes. Move to Kansas so the name will make sense to the rest of the country.
But Kansas City is in Missouri.

Dumbass.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:44 AM 10-20-2019
Just checked Preston Brown's PFF grade and it's bad, and more than that they grade him as significantly worse in run defense than in coverage.

I know some people hate PFF, but I mean they rank Hitchens, Nieman and Wilson as performing better than him. That sounds bad.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:33 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just checked Preston Brown's PFF grade and it's bad, and more than that they grade him as significantly worse in run defense than in coverage.

I know some people hate PFF, but I mean they rank Hitchens, Nieman and Wilson as performing better than him. That sounds bad.
You can't just judge the man on seven games THIS season on a team that's tanking. He's a LB known for being a great tackler and good on run defense. Played a key role In a good Bills defense recently as well. We need some LB help and he's a proven player.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:51 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
You can't just judge the man on seven games THIS season on a team that's tanking. He's a LB known for being a great tackler and good on run defense. Played a key role In a good Bills defense recently as well. We need some LB help and he's a proven player.
They also graded him as bad in 2018 and average for 2017. PFF grade tries to isolate individual performance, so unless he personally doesn't care then I don't think you can say his poor performance is just because the team is tanking.

Maybe he would all of a sudden be average to above average on the Chiefs, and I would say try him out if he was a FA right now, but I'm not trading anything for a guy who looks like garbage this year.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:34 PM 10-20-2019
Fatties.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 02:19 PM 10-20-2019
Watkins for Josh Jackson from the packers! It would be good for now and great for the future. We only have Ward signed for next year and that move would also give us future flexibility. Watkins is never available anyways.

If we were able to get a young asset like that on a rookie deal then I’d also look to move a pick for a LB or DL.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:26 PM 10-20-2019
If Henne isn't ready to go when his IR stint is up, then the Chiefs need to find a viable backup to 35 yr old Matt Moore. Undrafted rookie Kyle Shurmur isn't going to cut it if (God forbid) Mahomes, Moore and Henne are all unavailable.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:28 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
If Henne isn't ready to go when his IR stint is up, then the Chiefs need to find a viable backup to 35 yr old Matt Moore. Undrafted rookie Kyle Shurmur isn't going to cut it if (God forbid) Mahomes, Moore and Henne are all unavailable.
I'd.be shocked.if Mahomes misses more than 2 games so it's kind of pointless at this point.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:37 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'd.be shocked.if Mahomes misses more than 2 games so it's kind of pointless at this point.
Appreciate your wishful thinking. But I'm pretty sure the Chiefs aren't going to base their personnel decisions on your medical optimism.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:18 PM 10-20-2019
Sanders would be great in this offense....it's why they tried to get him before Horseface's unethical-ass used Manning and his HGH riddled-corpse to lure him away.

At this stage...he would be an excellent possession WR. Watkins is gone next year...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:22 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Sanders would be great in this offense....it's why they tried to get him before Horseface's unethical-ass used Manning and his HGH riddled-corpse to lure him away.

At this stage...he would be an excellent possession WR. Watkins is gone next year...
Yea and so is Sanders. He’s in last year of his deal
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up