ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:05 AM 08-23-2019
Just had one, and it was good. I think I like CFA spicy deluxe a little better as it has the pepper jack cheese and lettuce/tomato. But vs the reg spicy sandwich I’d have to go with Popeyes. Red beans and rice are good too. Just had a new Popeyes open about 10 min from us, really like that it’s brand new.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So...you posted this yesterday :

But this today :

you're just now having one?

Next you're going to tell us that Popeye's makes a mean fish sandwich.
Facepalm. I was talking about the majority of their menu vs CFA. By far and large Popeyes is a traditional recipe fried chicken place, whereas CFA is not. The allure of CFA is their chicken quite frankly is one of a kind. There isn't really another place that has a similar style.

As far as the Popeyes chicken sandwich, I just had both the spicy and regular and it was a little above average. I'm confused why it would be compared to the CFA style though. The Popeyes one has tons of breading on it, like many others places chicken sandwiches. CFA chicken has much less breading and has a different texture. I did like Popeyes spicy one best and think that beats CFAs spicy version, but they aren't as similar to each other as I thought they would be.

Very smart marketing by Popeyes though. I suspect they got in good with many social media influencers to push a nice guerilla type marketing campaign....which really is the smart way to do it nowadays. And CFA is ripe for the picking because so many people in 2019 now base their consumer choices on things other than direct utility.
[Reply]
notorious 11:14 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Facepalm. I was talking about the majority of their menu vs CFA. By far and large Popeyes is a traditional recipe fried chicken place, whereas CFA is not. The allure of CFA is their chicken quite frankly is one of a kind. There isn't really another place that has a similar style.

As far as the Popeyes chicken sandwich, I just had both the spicy and regular and it was a little above average. I'm confused why it would be compared to the CFA style though. The Popeyes one has tons of breading on it, like many others places chicken sandwiches. CFA chicken has much less breading and has a different texture. I did like Popeyes spicy one best and think that beats CFAs spicy version, but they aren't similar to each other as I thought they would be.

Freddy's has a very close copy.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:22 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:

As far as the Popeyes chicken sandwich, I just had both the spicy and regular and it was a little above average. I'm confused why it would be compared to the CFA style though. The Popeyes one has tons of breading on it, like many others places chicken sandwiches. CFA chicken has much less breading and has a different texture. I did like Popeyes spicy one best and think that beats CFAs spicy version, but they aren't as similar to each other as I thought they would be.

Very smart marketing by Popeyes though. I suspect they got in good with many social media influencers to push a nice guerilla type marketing campaign....which really is the smart way to do it nowadays. And CFA is ripe for the picking because so many people in 2019 now base their consumer choices on things other than direct utility.
I agree. The marketing is awesome and smart. I see a lot of fast food places doing this compared to old age tv ads
[Reply]
Stryker 12:01 PM 08-23-2019
Had it today for lunch 2 thumbs up! I loved it and will purchase again.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:07 PM 08-23-2019

[Reply]
eDave 03:12 PM 08-23-2019
Ya'll need to eat more healthely.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:21 PM 08-23-2019
Went to 2 separate locations before 11am today waited in line for about 30 minutes in each before each getting sold our right as I got the the front of the line. Saw multiple people walking out with bags of 20-30 sandwiches. Whats the deal with them not capping the amount you can get? It's stupid.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:23 PM 08-23-2019
Waiting for Fast Food seems kind of pointless.
[Reply]
Fish 03:23 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Went to 2 separate locations before 11am today waited in line for about 30 minutes in each before each getting sold our right as I got the the front of the line. Saw multiple people walking out with bags of 20-30 sandwiches. Whats the deal with them not capping the amount you can get? It's stupid.
LOLWTF? Where you at?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:26 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOLWTF? Where you at?
I'm wondering the same thing. I drove up to my closest Popeyes, was the only one in the drive through, and drove off with my sandwich in about 3 minutes.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:28 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
:-)
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:43 PM 08-23-2019
LOLWTF? Where you at?
San Francisco. I went outside of the city to "avoid" the lines. Fuck me, I guess. I'll try again next week as Im sure the weekend is going to be even worse.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:46 PM 08-23-2019
LOLWTF? Where you at?
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm wondering the same thing. I drove up to my closest Popeyes, was the only one in the drive through, and drove off with my sandwich in about 3 minutes.
Sold out at the two locations near me till Saturday, as of last night.
[Reply]
burt 03:48 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
At Popeyes? I call BULL SHIT!!!!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up