ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Will Mahomes injury have lingering effects?
493rd 07:30 PM 10-20-2019
Does anyone have any experience with a dislocated kneecap? I’m just curious if Mahomes ability to be mobile and productive outside of the pocket long-term will be negatively affected by this injury.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:36 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Pat only knows how to play balls to the wall, I don't think it will affect him once he's healed up.
Yes I agree with you and why I don't think it will happen either but.....
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:18 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
What you hope happens is that he doesn't miss a beat psychologically when dropping back and sees and feels the heat coming now knowing he was significantly injured but not permanently IR'd. Hopefully this will not make him gun shy(subconsciously worried about getting hurt when the heat is on) making him miss throws or not throwing at all or throwing interceptions.

Sometimes with athletes they discover they are mortal when they thought they were immortal and it screws with their head. I really don't think this will happen with Pat but you never know.
Please off yourself, quack.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:44 AM 10-21-2019
I'm sure he's been injured in the past...so I'm not worried about his "psyche"...
[Reply]
FAX 09:27 AM 10-21-2019
Mr. Chiefshrink's concerns are ill-founded.

Although it is within the imagination of the common man that, following an injury of this bizarre nature, a dark mania could potentially emerge which leads inextricably to a profound and peculiar change in the apparent contents of the mind. And admittedly, in such a case affecting an average person, such dysfunctions are often beyond the power of the physician's skill and, therefore, both unnameable and ultimately baffling.

Yet, Mahomes' neural reactions to standard stimuli have previously born no relation whatsoever to anything heretofore recorded, either normal or pathological. We may, therefore, resign and comfort ourselves in the knowledge that his metabolomic processes will not, in fact, become retarded to a degree beyond established precedent. Nor can we reasonably expect Mahomes' mental forces to deconstruct or twist into strange and grotesque forms.

In other words, we good.

FAX
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:46 AM 10-21-2019
Considering he literally grew up around professional athletes, and learned at a young age that injuries happen to world class athletes, I don't think there will be any mental / psychological issues when he returns.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:51 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
What you hope happens is that he doesn't miss a beat psychologically when dropping back and sees and feels the heat coming now knowing he was significantly injured but not permanently IR'd. Hopefully this will not make him gun shy(subconsciously worried about getting hurt when the heat is on) making him miss throws or not throwing at all or throwing interceptions.

Sometimes with athletes they discover they are mortal when they thought they were immortal and it screws with their head. I really don't think this will happen with Pat but you never know.
Shut da fuck up
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:53 AM 10-21-2019
He didn't need surgery cause he's already bionic.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up