ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 173
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:13 AM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He cites the Moss incident as Barry's chance to make amends but ultimately notes that his treatment of Chris shows who he truly is.

I think he's gotten darker in the show because he tried to be subtle in season 1 and people kept thinking Barry was a likeable and redeemable character.

I think he's always felt this way about Barry but has gotten more heavy handed due to the audience response.
And this shift in Season 3 made me wonder "what's the point". Compared to a show like Succession that really threaded the needle to get the audience invested in the characters, Barry just made me want to put the bullet in him myself. I sure as shit don't care for the gaggle of characters beyond Gene and Hank.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
And this shift in Season 3 made me wonder "what's the point". Compared to a show like Succession that really threaded the needle to get the audience invested in the characters, Barry just made me want to put the bullet in him myself. I sure as shit don't care for the gaggle of characters beyond Gene and Hank.
Yeah, that's why I think it's audience driven. I don't think Hader ever wanted to push it this hard to make you question yourself for rooting for Barry. But when people were still cheering for him after he'd pretty much established himself as a stone-cold murderer even out from under the grip of Fuches, what else could he do?

And the Hank/Cristobal thing has run its course as well.

The show was so great in season 1, still very good in season 2, but it's pretty much on fumes at this point. It needs to be done.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:04 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, that's why I think it's audience driven. I don't think Hader ever wanted to push it this hard to make you question yourself for rooting for Barry. But when people were still cheering for him after he'd pretty much established himself as a stone-cold murderer even out from under the grip of Fuches, what else could he do?

And the Hank/Cristobal thing has run its course as well.

The show was so great in season 1, still very good in season 2, but it's pretty much on fumes at this point. It needs to be done.
The Dave and Busters scene was pretty funny.

Jalapeño Poppers for the table please.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:02 AM 04-18-2023
Yeah - watched the first 2 episodes and there's just not much meat left on the bone here.
Oh well - nothing lasts forever.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:00 AM 04-18-2023
Barry has taken a Breaking Bad turn, it seems. Bleakness features heavily.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:17 AM 04-19-2023
Anyone heard anything about this?

I absoultely loved Winslet in Mare of Easttown.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:45 PM 04-19-2023
I’m on season 5 of Bosch. God it’s really good!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:02 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’m on season 5 of Bosch. God it’s really good!
I’m a total goober for Bosch. FWIW there is another series of it on Freeform or some shit. I think it is Bosch Legacy.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:30 AM 04-20-2023
BEEF was perhaps the best thing Netflix has done.
[Reply]
scho63 11:29 AM 04-22-2023
I'll add Barry to the list

Just binged watched seasons 1- 3. What a wild show.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:00 PM 04-22-2023
Spoiler!

Snowfall's series finale was on this past week
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:37 PM 04-22-2023
Beef on Netflix was pretty damn good... my wife is giving it a 10/10. I would say a 9/10.
[Reply]
kcmulhurn 05:33 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!

Snowfall's series finale was on this past week
I thought it was a great ending to a great series. I was hoping for a non-cliche ending (like some long ago wronged guy), and glad they didn't do that. The final couple of episodes were definately rushed. The CIA guy's end was ominous.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:54 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by kcmulhurn:
I thought it was a great ending to a great series. I was hoping for a non-cliche ending (like some long ago wronged guy), and glad they didn't do that. The final couple of episodes were definately rushed. The CIA guy's end was ominous.
Eh, disappointed because they shoehorned the morality BS at the end which was generic.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:32 PM 04-22-2023
Maybe it’s known to others and I’m not aware but I just noticed Netflix now has season 6 of Better Call Saul available.

We don’t get AMC so this is the greatest day.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 173
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Up