ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
Eleazar 07:54 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
Everything is a prop for making the host the conversation
This is the correct post.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:52 AM 09-22-2020
Andy's not exactly Tom Coughlin or some other always pissed off/angry coach, but sometimes we just think, "Oh, he will treat everybody with respect no matter who they are or what they've done/said."

No, he's a human being just like all of us, and he also has a limit for how much shit he's willing to take. And while he won't yell or scream at someone, he will certainly let them know in his own quiet way that they screwed up big time by getting on his bad side.

That postgame interview with Sal Paolantonio after the return-to-Philly game in 2013 comes to mind. That was just weird to watch. Andy clearly had a grudge against Sal for how he dragged him through the mud in Philly. The other instance that comes to mind was some playful ribbing he threw Colin Cowherd's way this summer. Andy and Colin are friends as far as I know (or at least about as friendly as a coach and media guy can get), but when Colin was all, "Denver is my darkhorse pick to upset the Chiefs in the West," Andy did what coaches don't usually do-- he addressed it, and that Denver pick was from a segment from a completely different show. It was more as a joke that he brought it up, but still, you can tell deep down he was a little like, "I'll show you, dumbass."

There was no joke or passive aggression here. This was 100% direct. "If you're not going to treat this seriously, then I'm not giving you my respect. Quit wasting my time, then we'll talk."

I back Andy 100% on this interaction.
[Reply]
burt 09:13 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This entire forum is full of idiots that really don't know shit, especially regarding whether or not the players had a "lack of focus and drive." I mean, ****, those are two distinct ideas that are unique to each player individually, yet, somehow, Chief Fan has intimate knowledge of the team's psyche collectively. It's ****ing amazing, really.
Did you do the Andy death stare after typing this?
[Reply]
burt 09:18 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I’m sorry, I’m normally not a thumbs down guy, but I can’t stand by and allow praise for Keitzmann go un-thumbsdowned.

Dude is and has always been slimy piece of shit, with a cheesedick schtick. “Hey, go see my friend Dan Dan the Tailor man and while you’re there, I’ll be making an intern blow me in the car.”
Man...talk about a piece of shit!! Dan is the poster boy for pieces of shit.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:23 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
BTW, Tyreek says his helmet got knocked off and that he would never take off his helmet.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/tyreek-...ess-conference
I hate to say it - but it didn't
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:28 AM 09-22-2020
watch from a smidge after 2.5 mins.

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:36 AM 09-22-2020
I think the key move the refs usually see is unsnapping your chin-strap. Tyreek obviously didn't do that because his helmet was already half off. Good no call.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:49 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I hate to say it - but it didn't
It did. The helmet was halfway up his face when he took it off.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:54 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It did. The helmet was halfway up his face when he took it off.
The only reason anyone talked about it was because Nantz and Romo were having an off day in general, and in particular didn't put that piece together. Because the announcers were wrong most of the people watching have it wrong.

I'm not sure if they are running a skeleton crew or what, you'd think they would have someone spotting this and getting in their ears that the helmet was partially knocked off already, but for some reason it didn't happen.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 AM 09-22-2020
Lol. Somebody praised Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH the Chiefs drafted a QB!" Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH it was Mahomes and not Watson!" Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH the Chiefs traded Alex Smith away they're gonna suck!!" Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH Andy Reid is a terrible father" Keitzman?

THAT Kevin Keitzman?

Also, no, while he claims his Andy Reid statement was taken out of context, I don't know what kind of context he could have provided that would have softened the blow of the tard statement that got him fired. His apology was basically, "Look, I'm sorry if you think I said Andy Reid's horrible parenting was what got his sons killed, but what I ACTUALLY said was that Andy Reid was a bad parent and one of his sons overdosed on drugs because he pretty much grew up without a father at home!"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Lol. Somebody praised Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH the Chiefs drafted a QB!" Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH it was Mahomes and not Watson!" Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH the Chiefs traded Alex Smith away they're gonna suck!!" Keitzman?

Kevin "WAAAAAAH Andy Reid is a terrible father" Keitzman?

THAT Kevin Keitzman?

Also, no, while he claims his Andy Reid statement was taken out of context, I don't know what kind of context he could have provided that would have softened the blow of the tard statement that got him fired. His apology was basically, "Look, I'm sorry if you think I said Andy Reid's horrible parenting was what got his sons killed, but what I ACTUALLY said was that Andy Reid was a bad parent and one of his sons overdosed on drugs because he pretty much grew up without a father at home!"
Be overtly racist (and I mean overtly racist) or praise Kevin Keitzman.

That's pretty much the only way to get downvoted into gray 'round here. So ultimately Kevin Ketizman is about as popular as white supremacy.

Which is to say that CP pretty much nails it.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:12 AM 09-22-2020

SR, first of all, YSM. Second, if you watch that video and pause it at the 2:46 mark you will see that Tyreek's chinstrap is up over his nose when he pops up after doing his flip into the endzone.
[Reply]
burt 10:53 AM 09-22-2020

5:00 mark.....WTF is "door stomped"?
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:57 AM 09-22-2020
Speaking of Petro, did anybody catch his call with Schefter yesterday? Towards the end of the call, Soren asked Schefter what he thought of the Death Star nickname that is being used for the LV stadium. Schefter had to ask what the Death Star was a reference to.

I mean, I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd, but it’s still somewhat shocking to me when a guy over the age of 16 hasn’t seen it. Even accepting that there are folks out there who haven’t seen it, to not know the Death Star at least trivially is mind blowing to me.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:05 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Speaking of Petro, did anybody catch his call with Schefter yesterday? Towards the end of the call, Soren asked Schefter what he thought of the Death Star nickname that is being used for the LV stadium. Schefter had to ask what the Death Star was a reference to.

I mean, I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd, but it’s still somewhat shocking to me when a guy over the age of 16 hasn’t seen it. Even accepting that there are folks out there who haven’t seen it, to not know the Death Star at least trivially is mind blowing to me.
Death Star is a dumb nickname. That stadium is the Giant Roomba.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up