ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 270
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
FAX 01:36 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I miss Hunt...he brought a nasty, physical presence to Reid's finesse offense. He ran over people...
He was the bird in the hand, fo sho.

Unfortunately, he is a member of the angry-alcoholic, bar-fightin', chick-kickin', boss-lyin', dumbass species.

It takes a real mature, intelligent guy to screw up the opportunity of a lifetime.

FAX
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:48 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Well, shit!

With the best QB in the league, the best TE in the league, a faster version of He Hate Me, and some really good speedy pass catchers out of the backfield, I have NO ****ING CLUE where or how the Chiefs are going to be able to replace those extra yards that Hunt used to gain from running over people!!!!!!

WE'RE ****ED
I would, again, encourage you to watch the Chiefs/donx Monday night game. I honestly hope we can replace what Hunt delivered in that game. Without him, I’m not so sure we win.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:49 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Same thing for those Montana 49er teams in the 80s. The NFC West (Rams, Saints, and Falcons) was a dumpster fire for most of Montana's career.
Nothing like the Patriots garbage division.

In the 80's, the Niners still had the Rams to get by every year. From 83-89, the Rams made the playoffs 6 out of 7 years, winning 10+ games 5 of those years. And the Saints, won double digit games in 87 & 88. The NFC West was probably the best division in football the last part of the 80's decade.

Tom Brady has NEVER had competition like that is his division. He and Hoodie get to coast to a division title every year against garbage teams. It's pathetic and the main reason they have gone to so many Super Bowls, due to getting to host the AFC Title game almost all those years.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:01 PM 08-05-2019
Well, shit!

With the best QB in the league, the best TE in the league, a faster version of He Hate Me, and some really good speedy pass catchers out of the backfield, I have NO ****ING CLUE where or how the Chiefs are going to be able to replace those extra yards that Hunt used to gain from running over people!!!!!!

WE'RE ****ED
I never said Chiefs were ****ed...I just liked his style of running...especially late in games when teams are tired of chasing Hill around.

I got no skin in this debate...
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:09 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I would, again, encourage you to watch the Chiefs/donx Monday night game. I honestly hope we can replace what Hunt delivered in that game. Without him, I’m not so sure we win.
Andy Reid has successfully replaced Jamaal Charles how many-odd times again? Hell, he made it work pretty decently with Knile freaking Davis through brief stretches in 2013.

When you have one of those guys like Hunt on your team, hey, that's great. But if you have the league's best QB, you just can't pay those guys. You just can't. And you shouldn't. Because we have a coach and QB who can make practically any off-field replacement work in that system. And if that guy has baseline starting RB talent like Damien Williams, you're doing pretty good.

It's usually foolish to put stock into late round picks, but yeah, I and so many others here believe that Darwin Thompson can eventually replace Hunt's style that so many fans want us to have.

And if Thompson succeeds in that role, guess what we're gonna do with him when we get to the end of his contract? Yep, you guessed it. Buh-bye, Darwin
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 08-05-2019
I don't have a link for this, it was on Middlekauf and Haberman (I think maybe just middlekauf) podcast recently, but I'm pretty sure the Chiefs were in on signing Leveon Bell. Simply because the number was so low. Middlekauf obviously knows quite a few guys in the Chiefs org and he mentioned he knew of a team that thought they pretty much had him signed then the Jets came in last minute.

I dunno if it's 100 percent the Chiefs but I'm guessing it was either the Chiefs or the Bears.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:11 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
The Chiefs would call this a sore hand:

Nah man. That is definitely day-to-day.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 02:15 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I never said Chiefs were ****ed...I just liked his style of running...especially late in games when teams are tired of chasing Hill around.

I got no skin in this debate...
I hear ya. Hunt was a monster and an exciting player to have on the team. We're gonna keep rolling without him but he really shined in his time with us, there's no denying it.
[Reply]
Andoverer 02:29 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
I hear ya. Hunt was a monster and an exciting player to have on the team. We're gonna keep rolling without him but he really shined in his time with us, there's no denying it.
Another attribute he had was that he never coughed up the rock (other than that very first carry). You always felt like he was turnover proof.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:30 PM 08-05-2019

How can the @Chiefs offense match what they did in 2018?@tkelce believes they are improving heading into 2019 👇

📺: @MikeGarafolo // @SteveMariucci // Inside Training Camp Live pic.twitter.com/bXbRCuh42k

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) August 5, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 02:32 PM 08-05-2019
This is a delightful interview with Mooch and Andy Reid. It's not exactly football brass tacks, but it's really neat seeing these two old guys re-connect on this kind of stuff

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:53 PM 08-05-2019
Andy Reid has successfully replaced Jamaal Charles how many-odd times again? Hell, he made it work pretty decently with Knile freaking Davis through brief stretches in 2013.

When you have one of those guys like Hunt on your team, hey, that's great. But if you have the league's best QB, you just can't pay those guys. You just can't. And you shouldn't. Because we have a coach and QB who can make practically any off-field replacement work in that system. And if that guy has baseline starting RB talent like Damien Williams, you're doing pretty good.

It's usually foolish to put stock into late round picks, but yeah, I and so many others here believe that Darwin Thompson can eventually replace Hunt's style that so many fans want us to have.

And if Thompson succeeds in that role, guess what we're gonna do with him when we get to the end of his contract? Yep, you guessed it. Buh-bye, Darwin
I don’t disagree. I’m simply want people to remember what Hunt did that was extraordinary, especially when Pat wasn’t getting it done (by himself). If nothing else, watch his long run.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:10 PM 08-05-2019
I don’t disagree. I’m simply want people to remember what Hunt did that was extraordinary, especially when Pat wasn’t getting it done (by himself). If nothing else, watch his long run.
I think people remember just fine. Thanks though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 08-05-2019
...when the hell was Pat not getting it done?
[Reply]
Coogs 03:30 PM 08-05-2019
While that may have some merit to it, without Mahomes in the 4th quarter I know we don't win. That's what franchise QB's bring to the table. Something we haven't had for years. We had Hunt with Alex Smith. Hunt ran over people then too. We lost games just like that because Alex couldn't elevate his game to the level Mahomes did in the fourth quarter.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 270
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up