ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1469 of 2688
« First < 46996913691419145914651466146714681469 147014711472147314791519156919692469 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:23 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Don't know if anyone has posted this article about how the Chiefs drafting Mahomes has changed the way the NFL looks at QBs now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-qb-tra...045320115.html
Andy makes its sound like mahomes was all veach.

You've changed the future pf the organization with this kid?

Dorsey drafted him, unless Dorsey was the one against it and was overruled or something.

Just reads weird
[Reply]
DRM08 07:44 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Dorsey drafted him, unless Dorsey was the one against it and was overruled or something.

Just reads weird
Veach convinced everyone to get on board.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:48 PM 03-06-2019

Just reads weird
Well yeah of course he'd make it seem that way. Reid and Dorsey clearly have beef. Considering all the information that's been released at this point It's clear Dorsey went over Reid's head and made some decisions he didn't know about until after the fact aka Maclin.
[Reply]
FAX 09:32 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Well yeah of course he'd make it seem that way. Reid and Dorsey clearly have beef. Considering all the information that's been released at this point It's clear Dorsey went over Reid's head and made some decisions he didn't know about until after the fact aka Maclin.
The truth is that Dorsey did several idiotic things that caused internal problems and affected the coaching staff, personnel staff, and leadership. And, of course, he also left behind a ticking sh*t bomb under his desk he called a "salary cap strategy".

Dorsey was way out of his league. He's a glorified scout. That's all he is.

FAX
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:39 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Look at all the MVPs and All-Pros they won!

And look at how many times they led the NFL in touchdowns! (Never)
Actually, I think Culpepper did that once. I know he has an MVP and I think that was the year he led the league in TDs.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:54 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Actually, I think Culpepper did that once. I know he has an MVP and I think that was the year he led the league in TDs.
No MVP for Culpepper but he did tie for the league lead in passing TDs in 2000.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:21 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Ugh, why do I read...

"They were hyping up RG3, Culpepper and Dak Prescott too, derrr"

so...all black quarterbacks are the same?

I mean what the fuck else does that mean?
[Reply]
Best22 10:38 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
so...all black quarterbacks are the same?

I mean what the **** else does that mean?
Yep.

“Dual threat” Geno Smith :-)
[Reply]
Best22 10:40 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Culpepper never won MVP or even a 1st Team All-Pro

However he did tie for league lead in touchdowns in 2000. Very similar situation to Mahomes, same playoff record even. He had Randy Moss, Chris Carter, and Rob Smith. Played atleast 9 indoor games.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:22 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Culpepper never won MVP or even a 1st Team All-Pro

However he did tie for league lead in touchdowns in 2000. Very similar situation to Mahomes, same playoff record even. He had Randy Moss, Chris Carter, and Rob Smith. Played atleast 9 indoor games.
Culpepper is a lot better comparison for Mahomes than some of the others people keep bringing up. Pat does not rely on his legs like Kaepernick, Prescott, Griffin, etc.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:53 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Culpepper is a lot better comparison for Mahomes than some of the others people keep bringing up. Pat does not rely on his legs like Kaepernick, Prescott, Griffin, etc.
true. I remember watching Dante and thinking that he got great velocity even when he was just flicking throws with wrist and elbow. some players have so much arm talent that they dont have to put much muscle into their thows

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:53 AM 03-07-2019

Just reads weird
It sounds like he was most definitely the key cog, the middle man. He was texting Pat’s agent every day leading up to the draft.

I think Brett was obsessed with taking him and probably just needed to convince Andy that it was the right move. Dorsey may have agreed, but Andy is the one who could ultimately make that call to trade up and draft the QB.

I’m sure every player has a primary scout driving their campaign. Dorsey probably had a share of players who he loved and eventually drafted.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:31 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Veach convinced everyone to get on board.
Doesnt matter Dorsey was the GM and had final say so he gets credit for the pick. If you want to use that logic Veach isn't making draft picks either his scouts are.

Everyone knows Veach is a Reid puppet anyway.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:48 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Doesnt matter Dorsey was the GM and had final say so he gets credit for the pick. If you want to use that logic Veach isn't making draft picks either his scouts are.

Everyone knows Veach is a Reid puppet anyway.
Of course he is a Reid puppet. But Reid gives him the credit for bugging everyone in building to draft Mahomes.

Dorsey deserves a ton of credit for his negotiation with Buffalo and his educated guess that #10 was the right spot. He nailed it. Saints were gonna take him at #11.

Ultimately a move up the draft like that doesn’t happen without approval from Reid and the Hunt family.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:55 AM 03-07-2019
Is anyone really buying the Veach found him and got him on board thing? Mahomes is a Dorsey pick if there’s ever been one insane measurables, huge ceiling, but an unpolished project. Dee Ford, Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce, all massive projects when drafted Marcus peters is the only person Dorsey drafted early that wasn’t an on field project he was an off field project. Some could argue the same for Kelce but he came from a small school so I’ll call him a project.
[Reply]
Page 1469 of 2688
« First < 46996913691419145914651466146714681469 147014711472147314791519156919692469 > Last »
Up