dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
htismaqe 08:20 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
How would you know?
See post #2791.
DJ's left nut 08:23 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Whitlock called Lebron out for that back then too. That’s why I don’t get this narrative that he’s all of a sudden changed. He’s not saying racism doesn’t exist. He’s just very reasonable about it.
This country has racists.

This country also has vegans.

This is not a vegan nation.

I guess if you point this out, you hate hamburgers.
BigRedChief 08:24 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If Mahomes boycotts the NFL I can no longer be a fan of his
no idea how “Mahomes boycotts the NFL”? You drunk?
tk13 08:42 PM 08-26-2020

Sources: The Lakers and Clippers have voted to boycott the NBA season. Most other teams voted to continue. LeBron James has exited the meeting.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 27, 2020

KC_Connection 08:46 PM 08-26-2020
So all the teams except the Lakers and Clippers voted to continue. Does that mean we can play without them? I'd be fine with that.
BWillie 08:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So all the teams except the Lakers and Clippers voted to continue. Does that mean we can play without them? I'd be fine with that.
That really opens things up for Oklahoma City.
TripleThreat 08:51 PM 08-26-2020
Things getting stupid, I’m done watching all sports tbh lmfao. I’ve found so much joy in some new hobby’s I’ve acquired, and spending more time with my family. It’s insane how much time and passion these “players” and sports talking heads took from me on a day to day basis

I also find it hilarious, how the entire country (well the black majority and white racists who see themselves as being “better and above” black people since they believe in white supremacy and their white privilege because they are better than black people “in their minds”) it’s funny how we haven’t even let due process unfold, and these talking heads are saying how unjust and racist he shooting was. There was a scuffle alongside the car, how do we not know he didn’t say “I have something for you guys” and then walked to his car and leaned in? Why is it a constant, this is awful, fire and persecute them, before letting due process unfold?

If anyone is upset about what I just said, have you even watched the George Floyd video and how George’s friend told him multiple times to stop resisting? And how George Floyd, multiple times, ignored cops requests and demands, and there is a new theory/ investigation going on where he may have died from the drugs in his system and not the actual knee?

Where is the ****ing due process??

Also sorry about my shit grammar. Typing an essay on a phone is no easy task
KC_Connection 08:53 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That really opens things up for Oklahoma City.
I was thinking Toronto but that too.

I still think the NBAPA has to have a real union vote if they're choosing to go down this road, though. It can't just be two teams "voting" to opt out.
Chief Pagan 08:55 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This country has racists.

This country also has vegans.

This is not a vegan nation.
Racism is a sliding scale. This country sure as hell ain't color blind either.
KC_Connection 08:56 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Things getting stupid, I’m done watching all sports tbh lmfao. I’ve found so much joy in some new hobby’s I’ve acquired, and spending more time with my family. It’s insane how much time and passion these “players” and sports talking heads took from me on a day to day basis

I also find it hilarious, how the entire country (well the black majority and white racists who see themselves as being “better and above” black people since they believe in white supremacy and their white privilege because they are better than black people “in their minds”) it’s funny how we haven’t even let due process unfold, and these talking heads are saying how unjust and racist he shooting was. There was a scuffle alongside the car, how do we not know he didn’t say “I have something for you guys” and then walked to his car and leaned in? Why is it a constant, this is awful, fire and persecute them, before letting due process unfold?

If anyone is upset about what I just said, have you even watched the George Floyd video and how George’s friend told him multiple times to stop resisting? And how George Floyd, multiple times, ignored cops requests and demands, and there is a new theory/ investigation going on where he may have died from the drugs in his system and not the actual knee?

Where is the ****ing due process??

Also sorry about my shit grammar. Typing an essay on a phone is no easy task
Personally I think there's no justification for sitting on a guy's neck for as long as that piece of shit cop did to George Floyd but I think the rush to judgment (and the calls for the arrest of the cop in this instance) are unjustified at this time. Our legal system isn't based on mob rule or whether some basketball players choose not to play games anymore. It's based on facts and evidence. And there's a ton that we just don't know about the Jacob Blake situation right now to come to any kind of certain conclusions about anything.

It is odd that the players have chosen this has their hill to die on without all the facts in yet, but it's clearly a very emotional and turbulent time right now in America and a lot of that is because of the political/media landscape that has been created over the past four years.
petegz28 08:57 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Let's get this straight..that's a strike not a boycott.
BigCatDaddy 08:58 PM 08-26-2020
Probably not Just a show vote by LeBron. He wants to chase the ring and cling to image of taking a stand.
Titty Meat 08:58 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
:-)
staylor26 08:59 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Racism is a sliding scale. This country sure as hell ain't color blind either.
Yea because woke ideology has made being color blind a form of racism as well, so we certainly are far from that. If you don’t believe me, look no further than “White Fragility”.
BWillie 09:05 PM 08-26-2020
Personally I think there's no justification for sitting on a guy's neck for as long as that piece of shit cop did to George Floyd but I think the rush to judgment (and the calls for the arrest of the cop in this instance) are unjustified at this time. Our legal system isn't based on mob rule or whether some basketball players choose not to play games anymore. It's based on facts and evidence. And there's a ton that we just don't know about the Jacob Blake situation right now to come to any kind of certain conclusions about anything.

It is odd that the players have chosen this has their hill to die on without all the facts in yet, but it's clearly a very emotional and turbulent time right now in America and a lot of that is because of the political/media landscape that has been created over the past four years.
Can't argue with any of that.
Page 188 of 205
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198 > Last »
Up