ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 232
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:48 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
True

But that early heat team was a bit different than the one that beat the thunder and spurs
Yeah. It had Shaq
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:49 PM 05-07-2018
Yeah

Unless lebron goes there he’ll want some slap ass coach that lets him do whatever he wants
:-) true
[Reply]
staylor26 07:50 PM 05-07-2018
I never once said they were vastly superior. They were damn good though and lebrons heat teams weren’t as much better as you guys are making it out to be.

And I don’t think they’d have easily won the east at that point with wade beginning to break down a bit. They could have but not easily as you suggest.
By “easily” I meant they would be the favorites on paper. Partly because of a weak conference, but they would’ve been an above average playoff team regardless.

I never said the Heat were that much better. It seemed like were trying to say MJ had much more help. We can put that to rest I guess.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:52 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Once Jordan left, outside of a few players/teams, it was a lot of low-scoring brutality. A lineup of Starks, Mason, Oakley, and smith just didn’t do much for me (seemingly every single Sunday)
Oh, yeah. Post-Michael nba was terribad.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By “easily” I meant they would be the favorites on paper. Partly because of a weak conference, but they would’ve been an above average playoff team regardless.

It seemed like were trying to say MJ had much more help. We can put that to rest I guess.
They both had to have great players around them to win championships. It’s not gonna happen by themselves carrying a team.

Mj didn’t hit his highest peaks as a player until he had dudes around him, same with lebron
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:57 PM 05-07-2018
True

But that early heat team was a bit different than the one that beat the thunder and spurs
Maybe.

But a Wade led Heat squad beat a Nowitski centered Mavs team. Fast forward to 2011. A Lebron led Heat squad were embarrassed by a Nowitski centered Mavs team.

Something worth considering, at least . . . . .
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:57 PM 05-07-2018
I thought the Raptors had a good d? They look like shit and are going to get swept
[Reply]
New World Order 07:57 PM 05-07-2018
They both had to have great players around them to win championships. It’s not gonna happen by themselves carrying a team.

Mj didn’t hit his highest peaks as a player until he had dudes around him, same with lebron
Go look at the 98 Finals
[Reply]
staylor26 08:00 PM 05-07-2018

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Even the two best players ever needed great players around them to win multiple championships.

By the way, that’s why Dirk’s championship is probably my favorite as a fan outside of MJ and the Bulls. He definitely had some very good players around him, but he never had that Pippen/Wade/Kyrie caliber guy.

It would’ve been interesting to see MJ and Lebron fight their way to however many capionships they could’ve won alone.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Go look at the 98 Finals
Or the 2015
[Reply]
staylor26 08:02 PM 05-07-2018
Remember Lebron and Wade mocking Dirk before he pushed their shit in?

:-)

Great times
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t disagree with any of that.

Even the two best players ever needed great players around them to win multiple championships.

By the way, that’s why Dirk’s championship is probably my favorite as a fan outside of MJ and the Bulls. He definitely had some very good players around him, but he never had that Pippen/Wade/Kyrie caliber guy.

It would’ve been interesting to see MJ and Lebron fight their way to however many capionships they could’ve won alone.
Dirk had guys playing well though.

The Iverson years were always more impressive for me when he got them to the finals
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:03 PM 05-07-2018
That was a good discussion at half on how to guard Lebron and I side with Shaq. Lebron is going to get his just make sure the other scrubs don’t
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 PM 05-07-2018
Raptors are done
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 PM 05-07-2018
Trying to think about what’s gonna have to happen to beat the warriors as constructed going forward.

If the Celtics could swing an Anthony Davis that would be interesting. I don’t think lebron in Philly does much unless embiid takes the next step.

Lebron in Houston maybe but I dunno bout that either.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 232
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up