ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 324
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:43 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
How do you save money against the cap if you are not extending him?
By restructuring his contract. You take a portion of his base salary and convert it to a signing bonus. That signing bonus then gets split up over the years left in his contract.
[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 01-28-2019
Yeah, I was kind of wondering that too. You've gotta put that money somewhere.

Also, in regards to the Collins safety talk, theres just no way i'd spend that much on him. He's good, but just no thanks for me.

I'd give half that for Amos and probably be just as happy.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I was kind of wondering that too. You've gotta put that money somewhere.

Also, in regards to the Collins safety talk, theres just no way i'd spend that much on him. He's good, but just no thanks for me.

I'd give half that for Amos and probably be just as happy.
Agreed

My buddy’s that’s a Jags fan says they’re probably cutting Tashaun Gipson. He’d probably be a good value as well.
[Reply]
O.city 02:51 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Agreed

My buddy’s that’s a Jags fan says they’re probably cutting Tashaun Gipson. He’d probably be a good value as well.
Yeah, he's actually a good center fielder IIRC.

I figure they're gonna be cutting lose a good number of defensive guys from that team. Who all you think will be let go?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:53 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, he's actually a good center fielder IIRC.

I figure they're gonna be cutting lose a good number of defensive guys from that team. Who all you think will be let go?
Gipson and Malik Jackson are the two guys he is pretty sure will get cut.

He said there’s talk of them trading Telvin Smith and moving Myles Jack to WLB also.
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 01-28-2019
Gipson and Malik Jackson are the two guys my buddy is pretty sure they will cut.

He said there’s talk of them trading Telvin Smith and moving Myles Jack to WLB also.
Interesting.

I was wondering if they'd let Calais go as well as IIRC, he makes a good amount of money.

Whats he think about them potentially trading Ramsey?
[Reply]
Hoover 02:55 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
By restructuring his contract. You take a portion of his base salary and convert it to a signing bonus. That signing bonus then gets split up over the years left in his contract.
So I take a portion of his $14.750M base salary and pay it out as a signing bonus, which if I'm not extending him, means it all goes to 2020, making him more painful to cut when I have to pay Mahomes and he's a 32 year old DE...

No, not doing to do that. Too little savings. I want to walk from that contract in 2020.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 01-28-2019
He doesn’t think they’ll trade Ramsey, but I reminded him that I was confident we wouldn’t trade Peters this time last year too.
[Reply]
O.city 02:56 PM 01-28-2019
Holy hell they've got some DL making some serious money in Jacksonville. Someone has got to go.

Dareus and Malik look like they're probably cut lose.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 01-28-2019
Yea Campbell is also a possibility to be cut.
[Reply]
O.city 02:57 PM 01-28-2019
He doesn’t think they’ll trade Ramsey, but I reminded him that I was confident we wouldn’t trade Peters this time last year too.
Theyre gonna have to move some of those defensive high money guys. I doubt they'd trade Ramsey, he's just so damn good. But maybe they're tired of his shit.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:57 PM 01-28-2019
And the Vikings are going to cut Trae Waynes right? They are in cap hell after Cousins and paying their WRs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:58 PM 01-28-2019
So I take a portion of his $14.750M base salary and pay it out as a signing bonus, which if I'm not extending him, means it all goes to 2020, making him more painful to cut when I have to pay Mahomes and he's a 32 year old DE...

No, not doing to do that. Too little savings. I want to walk from that contract in 2020.
Or you could just frontload or back load the contract and basically renegotiate the deal into an extension. If we got him for less than a $10m cap hit per year... Even for an older guy that's not that unreasonable.
[Reply]
O.city 02:59 PM 01-28-2019
If i'm looking at it right, Jackson would be a 19.5 million dollar cap hit, unless they post june first it.

God they've got some big money on d
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 01-28-2019
And the Vikings are going to cut Trae Waynes right? They are in cap hell after Cousins and paying their WRs.
Haven’t thought about that possibility but I liked Wayne’s a lot coming out and he’s finally putting it together.

I’d gladly take Rhodes too :-)
[Reply]
Page 82 of 324
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up