ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 324
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:48 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I am not convinced that Sutton's scheme didn't systematically eliminate individual ability from performing.

We might very well have great young talent on this team, but he wouldn't play them and they couldn't pick up the scheme quickly enough.

I think there is a potential for a MONUMENTAL turnaround on this defense.
I think this is possible.

I also think, if we work this offseason right, that we could quickly flip the script from the Red Carpet Defense to a top flight defense.

Good god, Mahomes with a top defense just wouldn't even be fair. Like fuck the '72 Dolphins not fair.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:51 PM 02-22-2019
I'm glad this is Spags' first year and he's coming in without any player connections. If Berry is sucking ass he's not going to have any problem pulling him. If he feels Tanoh is outplaying Speaks, Tanoh will play.

The best players will play. Period.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:00 PM 02-22-2019
I am not convinced that Sutton's scheme didn't systematically eliminate individual ability from performing.

We might very well have great young talent on this team, but he wouldn't play them and they couldn't pick up the scheme quickly enough.

I'm specifically thinking about corner Tremon Smith.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:00 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'm glad this is Spags' first year and he's coming in without any player connections. If Berry is sucking ass he's not going to have any problem pulling him. If he feels Tanoh is outplaying Speaks, Tanoh will play.

The best players will play. Period.
I would not be surprised at all to see Tanoh play, and play well.

He's a freak physically; he's had two years in the NFL, and while Bob didn't know what to do with him, he's back at his true position now. I could easily see him balling out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:02 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Well, he IS really, really fast. It's possible. The physical ability is there, is the WANT TO and the football IQ?

We'll see.

If he ends up being a good player, then last year's draft was pretty fucking amazing, really.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:09 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think this is possible.

I also think, if we work this offseason right, that we could quickly flip the script from the Red Carpet Defense to a top flight defense.

Good god, Mahomes with a top defense just wouldn't even be fair. Like fuck the '72 Dolphins not fair.
I believe that's the plan. Though in Mahomes case, having a defense ranked #15-#19 will accomplish the same result. And those are VERY obtainable AND sustainable rankings.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Try 15 mil not 25
Ford's tag is going to be closer to $16M than $15M and you'd have $7M of dead money for Houston. It's $23M or slightly more.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 02-22-2019

Outside of their health, it didn't hurt Sean Smith, or Eric Berry, or Justin Houston, or Dontari Poe. I could go on but you hopefully get the point. Good players are good players, the "scheme" is an excuse except in the case of the rookies, who it does appear he was reluctant to play.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:53 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ford's tag is going to be closer to $16M than $15M and you'd have $7M of dead money for Houston. It's $23M or slightly more.
That 7 is a sunk cost, not an opportunity cost.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:47 AM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That 7 is a sunk cost, not an opportunity cost.
I think everyone was confused when you took my post tag, post tender figure of ~$2-3m cap space and then added the cuts on to it that you did to get to the ~$30m cap space available with Ford tagged.

The sunk cost element is what makes me think Houston should be retained. Excluding the sunk cost of $7m, the decision to be made is do you pay $14m for the next season of Houston or $15.7m for the next season of Ford. Between those two I'd take Houston, which is why I prefer the tag and trade of Ford.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:42 AM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
And Jordan Lucas. He should have been ahead of Eric Murray. And then we he did start playing he got benched whenever Berry’s spirit felt like playing, which was a mistake. Especially in the AFCCG
[Reply]
Chargem 01:25 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
And Jordan Lucas. He should have been ahead of Eric Murray. And then we he did start playing he got benched whenever Berry’s spirit felt like playing, which was a mistake. Especially in the AFCCG
I dunno, Tremon Smith looked well out of his depth against the Seahawks, he got smoked a few times.

Lucas mostly looked fine when he actually got to play. Sutton always infuriated me with his use of safeties, Sorenson had so many snaps at free safety last year when he has no business there.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:04 PM 02-23-2019
I want Trenton smith to study that tall mf San Diego has and that y’all rookie Denver has. Get his big ass on the field and play with these big boys.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:10 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I want Trenton smith to study that tall mf San Diego has and that y’all rookie Denver has. Get his big ass on the field and play with these big boys.
who to what, and the who? Give me your keys.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:12 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
who to what, and the who? Give me your keys.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 180 of 324
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Up