ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 324
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:26 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. If Flowers were available for a reasonable cost I'm all over it, but he's the #1 guy after FTs in a market desperate for edge talent. Going to get PAID.
If the market is DESPERATE for edge talent, then you absolutely tag and trade Ford. If they're desperate, we'll snag a #1 for him.

Then you just choke down Houston's big fat $21 million and you put him at RDE, where he'll certainly be a double digit sack guy as long as he's healthy enough to play.

Better draft an edge early though, to rotate and spell Houston when he takes his usual 4 or 5 game break mid-season. (I'm not saying he's dogging it, I just find it frustrating.)
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:27 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we can find a way to flip Ford for a top pick while signing Collins and Flowers, Veach deserves a fucking statue built of him in front of Arrowhead.
That's not the way it's going to go. Obviously
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:27 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You guys wanna pay patriots players that bill doesn’t want to keep have at it. No thanks here

I don’t think it’s really worth discussing trading ford at this point. All signs point to the tag atleast

Unless they get a good offer they’ll keep him a year
No
Yes lol
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
That's not the way it's going to go. Obviously
it'd be fucking awesome though.

what is the offseason for, if not to dream?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:30 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
it'd be fucking awesome though.

what is the offseason for, if not to dream?
Yeah. I like to be a little realistic. But my guy kinda keeps me grounded
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:30 PM 02-19-2019
If the market is DESPERATE for edge talent, then you absolutely tag and trade Ford. If they're desperate, we'll snag a #1 for him.

Then you just choke down Houston's big fat $21 million and you put him at RDE, where he'll certainly be a double digit sack guy as long as he's healthy enough to play.

Better draft an edge early though, to rotate and spell Houston when he takes his usual 4 or 5 game break mid-season. (I'm not saying he's dogging it, I just find it frustrating.)
Sure. If I'm Veach I float it out that Ford is yours for a 1st and see who, if anyone, bites.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:31 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think Flowers gets $17M minimum, and I’d bet the over at $18M.

Plus, paying him is a lot different than paying Ford. You’re talking a one year deal as opposed to probably 5 years for Flowers.
well, in 3 years that deal would look pretty sweet as long as he's healthy. the cap'll go up and FA DE's will be getting paid more.

I get it's serious money, but you want to lock up good young talent as soon as you can.

I don't think Ford is worth the risk; and best case scenario is we're in the same spot next year and he's even more expensive.

Only guy on that defense I'd pay big bucks for right now is Jones. Everyone else is an expendable asset.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:33 PM 02-19-2019
well, in 3 years that deal would look pretty sweet as long as he's healthy. the cap'll go up and FA DE's will be getting paid more.

I get it's serious money, but you want to lock up good young talent as soon as you can.

I don't think Ford is worth the risk; and best case scenario is we're in the same spot next year and he's even more expensive.

Only guy on that defense I'd pay big bucks for right now is Jones. Everyone else is an expendable asset.
But jones seems like an effort (or lack of ) guy
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:33 PM 02-19-2019

I can’t personally approve of paying Flowers like a star pass rusher at any time, I don’t think he is one. And the fact that he played in NE, and BB doesn’t appear to be making an effort to keep him—that scares me. You don’t know how those guys will translate considering he wasn’t a prized commodity in the draft.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:34 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
But jones seems like an effort (or lack of ) guy
I saw less of that last year.

Thing with him is, he's an unusual talent. There's only a couple of guys in the league at DT that can do the things he can do.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:37 PM 02-19-2019
I guess it is fun to talk about Flowers but the only FA that is coming to KC on a multi year deal is a safety.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:43 PM 02-19-2019
That’s the problem. He hasn’t been that guy ever since he got paid.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:45 PM 02-19-2019
Also..if Belichick won’t even give Flowers the tag, no less extend the motherfucker, isn’t that a red flag?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:54 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What confidence should we have that they can actually build a Super Bowl defense?
Considering steadman and stram are dead, none in theory.

Guess we just trade mahomes and be done with it?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:09 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s the problem. He hasn’t been that guy ever since he got paid.
He had 9.5 sacks this year in only 12 games
[Reply]
Page 172 of 324
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Up