ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 NFL Draft Tidbits
O.city 09:42 AM 03-19-2019
It's getting closer so I figure we could move some draft talk to the Lounge.

Charles Robinson usually has some good tidbits on stuff so heres a thread on some stuff he's hearing.

#NFL draft notes thread...

1. Evaluators are anxious to see #Alabama safety Deionte Thompson at today's pro day. There were concerns about his weight coming out of the combine (195 vs. 180ish in season). His speed/weight has left his overall report up in limbo for some teams.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:09 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
My top 3 in the first round

1a. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S

2b. Byron Murphy, CB

3c. Garrett Bradbury, C

I’m on board with protecting our QB and helping out the running game with a Center in the 1st round. Give me any of those 3.
Very solid list.
[Reply]
In58men 12:09 PM 04-05-2019
So NFL and CBS thinks we’re trading up huh?

Interesting
[Reply]
In58men 12:10 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Very solid list.
Thank you sir.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:28 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
In CBS.com's most recent 2 round mock, they have us trading up to pick an edge rusher...

1st Round

Pick 21
CHIEFS
Trade with Seahawks
Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State
The Chiefs have a few extra picks and a wide open Super Bowl window. After the departures of Dee Ford and Justin Houston, they need more talent on the edge. With Brian Burns, they'd get a pass rusher with All-Pro talent.

2nd Round

Pick 29
CHIEFS
Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
The Chiefs grabbed Tyrann Mathieu in free agency, but Thornhill's tremendous range would allow the former LSU star to roam freely at the intermediate levels of the field.

Pick 31
CHIEFS
Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
Not many coaches love the shallow cross more than Andy Reid, and Campbell ran a ton of those at Ohio State in 2018. He has elite speed and can flip on the jets after the catch to create chunk plays.
So we give up a 2nd round pick to move up 8 slots to take a rusher who is more suited to the 3-4 and will probably need a year to develop. Because our window is open now.

Edit: misread, it doesn't have us give up our other 2nd. Still not crazy about it though.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:38 PM 04-05-2019
not only that but then have the guy we should trade up for picked in our original spot
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:52 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
not only that but then have the guy we should trade up for picked in our original spot
I was about to point that out.

Just stay at 29 and take Ferrell.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 04-05-2019
Brian burns is awesome and I’d love to have him
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:32 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
It’s always BPA. If Fant or Smith is there and the rest of the board doesn’t look enticing, I’m good with it.
There's no such thing as BPA without taking into account needs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:36 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Brian burns is awesome and I’d love to have him
He's too light to be a 3 down DE in this defense, at least judging by the guys they've signed.

Also, judging by previous descriptions of Spags going light and fast at LB. You can't do that if your ends are light too.

It would appear that they want to go beefy up front and stop the run with fast light LB'ers hitting the gaps and flying to the ball.

I'd rather have Ferrell.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:44 AM 04-06-2019
Love Burns but he would be a Outside Linebacker in this scheme.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:39 AM 04-06-2019
I think my official wish in the draft is Jeffrey Simmons. I think most of the edge will be gone. And I am not in favor of giving up a next years first to move up for this group. Nnadi has a chance to be good. And would still have a role in this defense. But Simmons has superstar potential. It does come down to if this team is comfortable given Simmons involvement in a fight
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:14 AM 04-06-2019
I want a pass rushing DE. I want the second coming of Neil Smith, but eternally loyal.

*Must possess the ability to read and speak English too, please.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:16 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I want a pass rushing DE. I want the second coming of Neil Smith, but eternally loyal.

*Must possess the ability to read and speak English too, please.
Racist!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:20 AM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Racist!
I can't have my stud pass-rushing DE giving interviews and doing commercials while sounding like a bumbling idiot.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:53 AM 04-06-2019
1. Clelin Ferrell
2. Jerry Tillery
3. Garrett Bradbury

Top 2 are basically 1a/1b at this point
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up