ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I just made edibles. AMA
Naptown Chief 07:19 PM 09-21-2019
As the title suggests, I just finished making edibles. I've never had one, I've never made them before, and I have no idea what to expect, other than likely passing TF out lol. I've never been much into bud and hadn't smoked in years prior to Thursday.

I have (tremendous) chronic pain and received my MMJ card on Thursday after 2+ years of being on opiates. I bought a high CBD strain called Harle -Tsu, which I've been using along side tinctures during the day, and absolutely love it. Very little head high (which is what I was hoping for) but it does appear to be working pain-wise, despite simultaneously tapering off of opiates.

That said, I've also bought a few strains of (much) higher THC to help with my insomnia and, TBH, to utilize the fact that I can do so. One of which is 31% called Mag Landrace (which I haven't tried yet). I've been using an 80% Northern Lights pen to go to bed and holy shit :-).

Anyway... I know you're supposed to decarb, but I found a brownie recipe by Mario Batali. It calls for 4g. I got a deal on 1/4oz of AAA OG at the dispensary today for $25, which claims 16%, and opted to use it. I figured for my first time I likely wouldn't care about (potentially) tasting the greens since I've never had a decarbed brownie.
The recipe- https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyl...infused-recipe

TLDR- I have medical card, lots of pain, first time doing/making an edible, and pretty nervous/excited. I know I say a bunch of stupid shit here, so roast away.
AMA.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:15 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
What's interesting about that video is there is a very young Tom Hanks on it too... Maybe you are too stoned to notice...:-)
I actually started to mention that, but then I started the video after he staggered out of the room.

I was figuring this was before his Bosom Buddies show, but it must've been a late Taxi episode, because it's credited in 1982, which was when Bosom Buddies ended. It was only two years after his first movie credit as well.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:18 AM 09-22-2019
Damn Nickhead gonna give me epilepsy.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:18 AM 09-22-2019
My woman doesn’t like smoke, but she takes the capsule from the dispensary. Some nights she’s so high and giggly I’m thinking, damn wish I got high like that still. Low tolerance where did you goooooo.....
[Reply]
eDave 05:22 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've actually never used a Volcano. I've got a Silver Surfer, which probably isn't as smooth, but I like the experience. Seems more organic than inhaling from a bag.
You still got that old school vape I sent you?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 05:30 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DRU:
To make all of this even easier...

1. Ardent Decarboxylator - https://amzn.to/30gqXHK
2. Magical Butter - https://amzn.to/30ekFsg
So it does work as advertised? I've seen that thing mentioned a couple of times now. I'll have to give it a shot.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 05:31 AM 09-22-2019
Granted I didn't decarb, but the brownie didn't get me high. It did, however, put my ass to sleep. Next time I make edibles I'll definitely decarb first. Still, not a bad experience for my first time.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:42 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
You still got that old school vape I sent you?
Still got it, though I don't use it much these days. Anymore if I want portability, I just go with a CO2 oil cartridge. It was great to have for a long time though!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:50 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Still got it, though I don't use it much these days. Anymore if I want portability, I just go with a CO2 oil cartridge. It was great to have for a long time though!
I like this guy :-)
Attached: IMG_20190919_192218545~2.jpg (58.0 KB) 
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:28 AM 09-22-2019
Hmmm...yes, capsules are great, but what you are saying doesn't make sense.

If you don't decarb it, then the THC isn't active, which means you would need to heat it up during consumption (like bowl/joint or vaporizer).

If you don't do that, it really won't do much, if anything at all. So yeah, I'm a little confused by your comment here.

The easiest way to do this is to put 1 oz of material in a crock pot with 4 cups of coconut oil on low heat. There is coconut oil that will remain liquid, and also the kind that hardens up. You can use whichever you prefer, but coconut oil is best because of the high fat, which absorbs the THC.

If you don't decarb, you can leave it sit for 6 - 8 hours (or however long you want to make it a little stronger). Stir it every hour or so. It actually will decarb during the first couple of hours this way.

If you do decarb it, then the whole process will be much quicker because you can have it in the crock pot for a couple of hours and get the same affect, or again, leave it a little longer for a little stronger.

To strain, use an old t-shirt that you cut a large piece out of, or a rag that's thin so you can see the tiny holes in it. Lay it inside a large bowl so it lines the inside of the bowl, and then carefully poor the oil into the bowl. Pull the sides of the shirt piece up all around, and then you lift it up and see most of the oil fall right through. Then you can twist it up really tight and squeeze as much as possible out of the material.

Best to use a bowl with a pouring spout on it, and then you can easily poor back into the original oil bottle. You'll see you didn't lose much in the process.

At this point it should be a dark green, almost black, and you'll know you did things right.

To make all of this even easier...

1. Ardent Decarboxylator - https://amzn.to/30gqXHK
2. Magical Butter - https://amzn.to/30ekFsg

Put the material in the Ardent, and let it sit for about an hour.

Then put it in the Magical butter with your butter/oil/alcohol/vegetable glycerin, push the matching button, and wait another couple of hours.

You can easily make butter, oil for cooking or capsules, or tinctures for gummies or just to consume directly.

Also, side tip, if you use your oven for decarb and/or a regular crock pot this will stink up the whole house for a couple of days. Using the Ardent and MagicalButter will avoid that.

Heard it from a friend of a friend...
I guess I worded that wrong. It's usually a 2 step process, but with sous vide you just add an extra hour for decarb. Another good thing with doing it the Sous Vide way is there is no smell. The mason jar keeps all the smell hidden.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:29 AM 09-22-2019
Underwear?
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:31 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They don't work unless you talk shit on the first dose and then take another fyi.
Can confirm, lol. You crack me up.
[Reply]
oldman 08:33 AM 09-22-2019
Do they not sell edibles at your local pot shop? Seems to me that might be a whole lot easier.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:42 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Do they not sell edibles at your local pot shop? Seems to me that might be a whole lot easier.
Not quite. They, according to my MMJ doctor, just authorized making them (medicinally) legal here in MD and are setting up the infrastructure. They do sell gummies but it's absurdly expensive for just a handful of them.

TBH, I just wanted to do edibles to try something new. I don't foresee it being a staple of my pain management. I'll periodically make some just for shits and giggles, but next time I'll do it right and decarb. That ardent setup that DRU linked looks like something I'll eventually purchase.
[Reply]
DRU 11:00 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
So it does work as advertised? I've seen that thing mentioned a couple of times now. I'll have to give it a shot.
Yes, works great.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:11 PM 10-02-2019
Yes, works great.
I haven't ordered it yet since my bday is next week. I did, however, decarb 1/4oz of high CBD flower today. It's called cannatonic and boasts 22.5% CBD (4x as high as the Harley-Tsu I liked). It also only has 0.5% THC so I don't have to get stoned.

I've been simmering it in 1/2lb of butter for 1.75 hours and plan to let it go another 1.25. I've been looking at numerous recipes, some sweets and some foods, and will start with ~ 1/4tsp per serving as a base. The good news is, due to the low THC, I won't have to worry about overdoing it.

I'll likely repeat this process with a 1/4oz of Mag Landrace (that 31% THC stuff I have) and start with the same 1/4tsp per serving. I'm on disability for the foreseeable future so I don't have to worry too much if it is too strong a dose lol.

Edit- I read that you can make tinctures with the green after squeezing the butter out so I'm also going to pick up a 1/5th of everclear and a mason jar. I read to store it in a cool/dark place and let sit for 3-4 weeks, or until the booze is green, shaking it up once a day.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up