ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1464 of 3903
« First < 46496413641414145414601461146214631464 146514661467146814741514156419642464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 08:47 AM 04-17-2020
Ok I shall remember, calling people stupid because they think the virus cares about their politics is political.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:48 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That, and he's one of the vocal ones about the 'dick-sucking political posting assholes,' and all the impotent hate and disdain he holds for them.

But yeah, everyone else are the emotional ones.
Mecca has a long history of climbing way up on his horse to look down his nose at everyone else for being "the way they are" compared to him. Nobody and I mean nobody who talks politics can measure up to his WWE knowledge or gaming prowess.
[Reply]
Donger 08:48 AM 04-17-2020
So....

A slight reduction in new cases yesterday (29,567 from 30,342) and deaths (2,174 from 2,618)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:49 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ok I shall remember, calling people stupid because they think the virus cares about their politics is political.
What part of ***Non-Political*** confuses you?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:49 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mecca has a long history of climbing way up on his horse to look down his nose at everyone else for being "the way they are" compared to him. Nobody and I mean nobody who talks politics can measure up to his WWE knowledge or gaming prowess.
A for effort.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:52 AM 04-17-2020
You're doing a little more than that. Every post you've made on this carries a subtext that extending the concept of 'essential' to fit the actual current situation is some kind of failing.

Maybe you don't intend to. Maybe you honestly don't see it, but you come across a lot more 'serious' and critical than your protestations here merit.

Mean, you complained about the evolution of the term, . . . then broke out the 'it's a ***king joke' followed by a dictionary reference to make your point.
Whatever you say man.

Have a good day. Have fun doing your essential errands today.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:53 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What part of ***Non-Political*** confuses you?
I personally don't think that saying "People who spend their lives obsessed with politics" is political.

I'm still tempted to try my thread idea. It'd be a pain to enforce, but it could be done manually...
[Reply]
Mecca 08:55 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Whatever you say man.

Have a good day. Have fun doing your essential errands today.
Do you mean jerking off?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:56 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've been walking around my neighborhood since March. I live by the beaches. Never went to the beaches to exercise. Exercise at the beach is not essential. This isnt about us locals. You, me and everyone else knows what this is about, tourism $'s. There are legitimate financial reasons to open the beaches. Lets not pretend its for locals to exercise.
Even if they are not "essential", they fall into a category of places where relatively easy best practices can be implemented to maintain social distancing and should therefore be re-opened.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:57 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you think the mitigation efforts that have been put into place, and the vast majority are following, should not have been put into place?
Do you have any evidence that they worked?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, for example, has been credited for issuing his stay-at-home order relatively early, on March 19, when his state had 1,000 cases and 19 deaths. Cuomo followed suit the next day, but by that time New York had 4,000 cases and 30 deaths.

1 month later, April 19...

California reports 973 dead

https://www.latimes.com/projects/cal...king-outbreak/

NY, according to Cuomo, reports 10,000 dead.

Those numbers don't make any sense. Did "mitigation" work in California but not in NY?

Does it really make sense to continue "mitigation" when it can't be determined that it is actually doing anything beneficial when it can be determined that it is doing severe economic damage? Why all the hatred towards the people in Michigan who want to go back to work? Keeping them home isn't going to keep any one alive in NY. This whole thing just doesn't make any sense.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:57 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
See, just like others on the matter of 'essential' you're trying to simultaneously be a stickler for the letter while flaunting the spirit.

People want politics out of the lounge, particularly this thread, ostensibly because it foments argument, derision and confrontation at the expense of the sharing of information.

And you are one of the most vocal in criticizing the course of political conversations, again ostensibly for those reasons. But you also seek to foment argument, derision and confrontation, with the slender reed of justifiability that your specific content you are being argumentative, derisive and confrontational about MMMMMMMMAYYYYYBEE doesn't quite qualify as purely political content.
[Reply]
Donger 09:00 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
Do you have any evidence that they worked?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, for example, has been credited for issuing his stay-at-home order relatively early, on March 19, when his state had 1,000 cases and 19 deaths. Cuomo followed suit the next day, but by that time New York had 4,000 cases and 30 deaths.

1 month later, April 19...

California reports 973 dead

https://www.latimes.com/projects/cal...king-outbreak/

NY, according to Cuomo, reports 10,000 dead.

Those numbers don't make any sense. Did "mitigation" work in California but not in NY?

Does it really make sense to continue "mitigation" when it can't be determined that it is actually doing anything beneficial when it can be determined that it is doing severe economic damage? Why all the hatred towards the people in Michigan who want to go back to work? Keeping them home isn't going to keep any one alive in NY. This whole thing just doesn't make any sense.
Yes, you just provided the evidence that it works. It's just common sense. This bug is passed by human contact. By having humans not being in contact and reducing proximity, you will mitigate the propagation.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:00 AM 04-17-2020
See, just like others on the matter of 'essential' you're trying to simultaneously be a stickler for the letter while flaunting the spirit.

People want politics out of the lounge, particularly this thread, ostensibly because it foments argument, derision and confrontation at the expense of the sharing of information.

And you are one of the most vocal in criticizing the course of political conversations, again ostensibly for those reasons. But you also seek to foment argument, derision and confrontation, with the slender reed of justifiability that your specific content you are being argumentative, derisive and confrontational about MMMMMMMMAYYYYYBEE doesn't quite qualify as purely political content.
Personally I thought I was one of the most vocal is taking some jabs and posting some funny shit.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:01 AM 04-17-2020
Shit getting real in Iowa. Meat packing plants are getting outbreaks.
I knew from the onset these would be our hotspots.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:02 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Shit getting real in Iowa. Meat packing plants are getting outbreaks.
I knew from the onset these would be our hotspots.
If you havent yet, well, probably too late to start stockpiling a deep freeze worth of meat.
[Reply]
Page 1464 of 3903
« First < 46496413641414145414601461146214631464 146514661467146814741514156419642464 > Last »
Up