ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1374 of 3903
« First < 37487412741324136413701371137213731374 137513761377137813841424147418742374 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 09:08 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well, I guess a better way of putting it is they are still determining the science but other coronavirus did not spread that way.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ptoms-n1140106
Seriously? Don't you think you should edit your original post? You know, because it was something you made up.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:11 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Seriously? Don't you think you should edit your original post? You know, because it was something you made up.
So you didn't read the link?

"no evidence of asymptomatic spread" is pretty clear. The part that is unclear is the mild symptoms.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 04-14-2020
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ptoms-n1140106

According to this article by Johns Hopkins no evidence shows asymptomatic spread and other variants of coronavirus did not spread that way. Like every single thing you read on this topic take it for what it's worth since someone else will contradict it. But like you said, it makes sense.
That's from February 21. I would imagine we know more about that now. I'll see what I can find.
[Reply]
Donger 09:23 AM 04-14-2020
Sorry if a repost:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/healt...ing/index.html

(CNN)On Friday, Dr. Mangala Narasimhan received an urgent call. A man in his 40s with Covid-19 was in a dire situation, and her colleague wanted her to come the intensive care unit at Long Island Jewish Hospital to see if he needed to be put on life support.

Before I come over there, Narasimhan told the other doctor, try turning the patient over onto his stomach and see if that helps.

Narasimhan didn't need to go the ICU. The flip worked.

Doctors are finding that placing the sickest coronavirus patients on their stomachs -- called prone positioning - helps increase the amount of oxygen that's getting to their lungs.

"We're saving lives with this, one hundred percent," said Narasimhan, the regional director for critical care at Northwell Health, which owns 23 hospitals in New York. "It's such a simple thing to do, and we've seen remarkable improvement. We can see it for every single patient."
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 04-14-2020
Well that's great news.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 04-14-2020
https://figshare.com/articles/Serolo...020/12116778/2

It's preprint so take that for what its worth, but thats .6 % of prevalence of antibodies a month ago when they had 499 cases. So that would postulate out to about 70 infections for every 1 diagnosed. I think if my math is right.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:29 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Sorry if a repost:

(CNN)On Friday, Dr. Mangala Narasimhan received an urgent call. A man in his 40s with Covid-19 was in a dire situation, and her colleague wanted her to come the intensive care unit at Long Island Jewish Hospital to see if he needed to be put on life support.

Before I come over there, Narasimhan told the other doctor, try turning the patient over onto his stomach and see if that helps.

Doctors are finding that placing the sickest coronavirus patients on their stomachs -- called prone positioning - helps increase the amount of oxygen that's getting to their lungs.

"We're saving lives with this, one hundred percent," said Narasimhan, the regional director for critical care at Northwell Health, which owns 23 hospitals in New York. "It's such a simple thing to do, and we've seen remarkable improvement. We can see it for every single patient."
Simply amazing how laying on your chest works
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:47 AM 04-14-2020
Got my stimulus check!

Headed out to buy smokes and bourbon
[Reply]
petegz28 10:02 AM 04-14-2020
NY had a jump in deaths and cases today
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:12 AM 04-14-2020
Sorry if a repost:

That's great news that such a simple thing can help.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:13 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well that's great news.
HELL YES LET'S OPEN THIS SHIT BACK UP
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
HELL YES LET'S OPEN THIS SHIT BACK UP
I think you just went from 2 to about 150, scale it back a bit Bill O'Brien.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:24 AM 04-14-2020
Sorry if a repost:

Not really some new treatment though.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:54 AM 04-14-2020
So you didn't read the link?

"no evidence of asymptomatic spread" is pretty clear. The part that is unclear is the mild symptoms.
"We do not know the extent to which asymptomatic transmission is impacting the outbreak. However, we know that people with symptoms are usually the main driver of outbreaks of other respiratory diseases.”

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said he suspects asymptomatic transmission can occur".

"I think that probably, yes, the new coronavirus can be transmitted asymptomatically, although that is very likely to be a rare or at least uncommon route of transmission,” Chiu said.

This virus is not exactly like MERS or SARs so at this point in time they are unsure. Unsure does not equal pretty clear.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hey Florida thinks the WWE is an essential business........that's weird as fuck.
For any other state than Florida, yeah, that would be weird
[Reply]
Page 1374 of 3903
« First < 37487412741324136413701371137213731374 137513761377137813841424147418742374 > Last »
Up