ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 341
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bdj23 10:47 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by Munson:
I was at the gun show in Louisburg earlier this morning, and found a Russian SKS (my favorite kind of SKS). The dude had it listed for $520, which was way too high. It was a factory refurb, had a replacement top cover, and there was a butt pad extension screwed on. But other than that, everything else was good to go. His bottom dollar was just under $400. At that price I couldn't resist, and brought it home.
I miss the days of the $100 norinco sks. Saw one at cabelas not too long ago with a $750 price tag
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:48 AM 09-10-2016
I was at the gun show in Louisburg earlier this morning, and found a Russian SKS (my favorite kind of SKS). The dude had it listed for $520, which was way too high. It was a factory refurb, had a replacement top cover, and there was a butt pad extension screwed on. But other than that, everything else was good to go. His bottom dollar was just under $400. At that price I couldn't resist, and brought it home.
Nice. Always regretted selling my norinco sks.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 10:58 AM 09-10-2016
SKSs are now the most overpriced guns on the market. Why not buy a brand new rifle for $520? I'd tell the guy to jump in a lake. $350 is the absolute most I'd pay for a very nice Russian SKS...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:00 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I miss the days of the $100 norinco sks. Saw one at cabelas not too long ago with a $750 price tag
That's insane.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:02 AM 09-10-2016
I'm gonna convert my cheap Chinese norinco to a bullpup. It's gonna be glorious.
[Reply]
Munson 11:09 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
SKSs are now the most overpriced guns on the market. Why not buy a brand new rifle for $520? I'd tell the guy to jump in a lake. $350 is the absolute most I'd pay for a very nice Russian SKS...
I prefer the old milsurp guns, like the SKS, Mosin Nagants, Mausers, M1 Garands, etc. The SKS just happens to be my favorite.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:20 AM 09-10-2016
I prefer the old milsurp guns, like the SKS, Mosin Nagants, Mausers, M1 Garands, etc. The SKS just happens to be my favorite.
I understand but it's just silly to overpay for a gun that is basically a truck gun. Old reliable yes, but a tuck gun non the less.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:50 AM 09-12-2016
Just picked up a Sig Sauer p320 in 9MM. After some initial problems (namely the gun was dry as a bone and needed oiled) this thing is a dream. Trigger is light but not a hair trigger, consistent pull. LOVE this gun...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:45 AM 09-12-2016
Picked up a Walther PPX-Navy 9mm about a month ago and (after a few hundred rounds) I gotta admit it's sweet.

[Reply]
notorious 07:05 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Picked up a Walther PPX-Navy 9mm about a month ago and (after a few hundred rounds) I gotta admit it's sweet.

Threaded for a suppressor.........
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:09 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Threaded for a suppressor.........
Threaded for your discreet pleasure
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
Threaded for your discreet pleasure
Have you dove into the suppressor pool yet? It's very nice.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:19 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Have you dove into the suppressor pool yet? It's very nice.
I used them quite a bit in the military and enjoyed them very much and get to play with them every now and again still..I just can't talk myself into spending the money on a tax stamp and then money on a suppressor

Dad did say something about him getting the stamp and us splitting the bill..so I will probably do that since that will be easier for me to justify to myself
[Reply]
notorious 07:23 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
I used them quite a bit in the military and enjoyed them very much and get to play with them every now and again still..I just can't talk myself into spending the money on a tax stamp and then money on a suppressor

Dad did say something about him getting the stamp and us splitting the bill..so I will probably do that since that will be easier for me to justify to myself

It took a while for me to get over the government thievery, but I did and now I own a couple with 2 more sitting in ATF jail waiting on the paperwork to finish.

I even submitted a couple SBR's. The ATF must have gotten hammered before the trust deadline because it's taking longer than it should.
[Reply]
Fairplay 07:26 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

Looks nice GD and I must note your posting in DC bring a smile and a laugh to my face my good friend, the liberals must look at you as a thorn in their sides.

Now about your new gun do you know how many pound pull your lever is on it?
[Reply]
Page 30 of 341
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up