ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 70
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
Rausch 08:10 PM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I like they bigger budget on cgi.

Hopefully the darker doctor plays through this run.
I like the idea of a more dark/dramatic Dr.

I didn't like the first ep at all really. Just, silly.

Really liked the second one...
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:50 AM 09-03-2014

[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:29 PM 09-06-2014
the first episode was promising but the last two.. meh. When I watch Capaldi I feel like I'm watching Peter Capaldi and not The Doctor..
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:04 AM 09-07-2014
Enjoyed that way more than I thought I would.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:23 AM 09-07-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Enjoyed that way more than I thought I would.
Me too. I wondered how they were going to work a 'real' Robin Hood in to history.
This is not the same old Doctor. I have a feeling he's going to be one of the more memorable Doctors.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:42 AM 09-07-2014
A question based on my first-time watchthrough (I just finished season 3 last night): Do Doctor Who fans/critics really like the episodes "Human Nature/Family of Blood"? I thought they were the worst episodes of TV I've seen this year from any show. The least compelling, most boring, most overwrought, most comically-nostalgic-for-Britain's-past episodes of my DW watchthrough so far.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:15 AM 09-07-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
A question based on my first-time watchthrough (I just finished season 3 last night): Do Doctor Who fans/critics really like the episodes "Human Nature/Family of Blood"? I thought they were the worst episodes of TV I've seen this year from any show. The least compelling, most boring, most overwrought, most comically-nostalgic-for-Britain's-past episodes of my DW watchthrough so far.
Can't exactly remember Human Nature but Family of Blood was not one of my favorites. My feeling after watching FoB was....Man, that took a long time to get there. To me episodes like that are just a small part of the bigger picture. It seems like there's always an episode here or there like that. I haven't found a series yet that didn't have an episode once in a while I didn't like.
With about all of the series I've ever watched I know there's going to be a begining, middle, and an end. DW has never had that 'feeling' to it for me.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:19 AM 09-07-2014
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Can't exactly remember Human Nature but Family of Blood was not one of my favorites. My feeling after watching FoB was....Man, that took a long time to get there.
It did take a long time to get there, yeah. It was a two-episode story that absolutely could have been told in one episode.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 10:02 AM 09-07-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I loved Family of Blood. Particularly with the Tennant-era, The Doctor is especially heroic and powerful and in this arc we get to see what we're left with if he's stripped of all things Time Lord. It's also a very interesting character study in this regard and by the end we see that yes, he is a hero and he is the most wonderful person in the universe but that's also his burden and curse--he has too much responsibility to ever have a normal life and to fall in love with a normal person, etc.

John Smith was always subconsciously The Doctor and him emotionally and fiercely asking "Why would I want to go back?" and then of course coming to the realization that his own happiness isn't worth the consequences was such a great moment. The bit at the end when he tries to have closure with her was also fantastic--we see that cold, alien side of him that Tennant does so well and we realize how small we are in comparison and for all the wonderful things he's done to save the day, the bigger picture is terrifying. She makes him admit that no one would have died if he didn't choose that place at that time period to hide on a whim.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:02 PM 09-07-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I have tried to watch this show from time to time (get it ha ha) and it must be bad timing (he he) but it just seems to be rather silly. This is a good example of what I am talking about. "This is my spoon!". :-)
[Reply]
unlurking 07:35 PM 09-07-2014
Enjoyed the first two episodes, Robin Hood sucked.
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 10:37 PM 09-07-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
I loved Family of Blood. Particularly with the Tennant-era, The Doctor is especially heroic and powerful and in this arc we get to see what we're left with if he's stripped of all things Time Lord. It's also a very interesting character study in this regard and by the end we see that yes, he is a hero and he is the most wonderful person in the universe but that's also his burden and curse--he has too much responsibility to ever have a normal life and to fall in love with a normal person, etc.

John Smith was always subconsciously The Doctor and him emotionally and fiercely asking "Why would I want to go back?" and then of course coming to the realization that his own happiness isn't worth the consequences was such a great moment. The bit at the end when he tries to have closure with her was also fantastic--we see that cold, alien side of him that Tennant does so well and we realize how small we are in comparison and for all the wonderful things he's done to save the day, the bigger picture is terrifying. She makes him admit that no one would have died if he didn't choose that place at that time period to hide on a whim.
Who is John Smith?
[Reply]
bowener 10:58 PM 09-07-2014
I'm not going to read posts in here; I just wanted to say I have started watching this show. It took me a bit to get through the first "season" (the production value and some of the writing was cringe worthy on some episodes), but now I am 9 or 10 into the "season" and I am hooked.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:41 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm not going to read posts in here; I just wanted to say I have started watching this show. It took me a bit to get through the first "season" (the production value and some of the writing was cringe worthy on some episodes), but now I am 9 or 10 into the "season" and I am hooked.
It's often like watching your high school drama club, but I loved this show as a kid and will watch it as long as they keep making it. You struggle through the cringe worthy episodes, since episodes like The Day of the Doctor are nothing short of amazing. The final three episodes of season 7 were all awesome actually. The first few episodes after a new Doctor are usually kind of rough, but the episode leading up to it are always my favorites.
[Reply]
bevischief 06:53 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo:
Who is John Smith?
Go watch the episode. This goes back to the 3rd doctor as well.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 70
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up