ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 70
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
whoman69 11:37 AM 12-02-2011
That is good news, but its going to kill a whole season of the show if that's the case.
[Reply]
bevischief 11:40 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by whoman69:
That is good news, but its going to kill a whole season of the show if that's the case.
Maybe 2 seasons. They spend about 8-9 months now just filming for 1 season.
[Reply]
Jawshco 12:49 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Maybe 2 seasons. They spend about 8-9 months now just filming for 1 season.
I'm adamantly opposed to a non-canon movie of any sort. Dr. Who is the longest running SciFi show of all time. There are 13 possible doctors and the Valiyard. Once they reach the last Doctor, then they can reboot, but we're too close to the end to start all over now. I don't think I could watch that. I still want a special season dedicated to Doctor 8. This movie would ruin a lot of what Whovians want to see.
[Reply]
Jawshco 12:56 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by bevischief:
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1153..._position.html

Steven Moffat clarifies Doctor Who movie position

Simon Brew

Steven Moffat has cleared up some of the confusion surrounding the Doctor Who movie on his Twitter feed. Here's what he's been saying...

Published on Dec 2, 2011

Following yesterday’s story as director David Yates gave a brief update on the position of the Doctor Who movie (summation: pretty much in the same place it was a few weeks ago), Steven Moffat has clarified one or two things on Twitter.

Firstly, he pointed out the position that David Yates was in when quoted on the movie. He Tweeted: “Movie thing: David Yates, great director, was speaking off the cuff, on a red carpet. You've seen the rubbish I talk when I'm cornered.”

Most importantly, though, he wrote the following:

“To clarify: any Doctor Who movie would be made by the BBC team, star the current TV Doctor and certainly NOT be a Hollywood reboot.”

And that, we’d suggest, is very good news. We'll say again: we don't think we'll hear much of substance on the project for some time yet. But it's encouraging that it won't be, as feared, entirely independent of the TV show.
It would awesome of they did this! I would watch this. A movie that begins with 11's regeneration into 12 would be perfect. Maybe he'd finally be Ginger too! I know one Ginger actor Yates has worked with, ha!

Side note: I've always thought the actor who plays Arthur Weasley would make a great Dirk Gently if they every make a movie of those books.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:45 PM 12-02-2011
Jawshco your dedication and depth of knowledge of all things "Whovian" is amazing and frightening with just a little bit of wtf? mixed in.
[Reply]
bevischief 02:32 AM 12-05-2011
http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...s_special.html
[Reply]
bevischief 12:27 PM 12-05-2011
http://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/

If need a reason to go the England...
[Reply]
Valiant 10:01 PM 12-05-2011
Fin.ally got t watch kill hitler.

So we know how he doctor saves himself now imo.
The lil guys swap spots with him at the truck with the old guy.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:38 PM 12-06-2011

[Reply]
kc rush 02:20 PM 12-06-2011
When is the Christmas Special supposed to run?
[Reply]
whoman69 04:41 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by kc rush:
My guess would be Christmas.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:59 PM 12-06-2011
They're going to run it on Groundhog's Day, just to mix things up.
[Reply]
whoman69 11:24 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
They're going to run it on Groundhog's Day, just to mix things up.
I heard there's going to be a cameo

[Reply]
bevischief 11:43 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Christmas day evening on BBC America.
[Reply]
bevischief 08:02 AM 12-15-2011
http://www.denofgeek.com/television/..._series_7.html

Steven Moffat on Doctor Who series 7

Simon Brew

Want to get an idea of what Steven Moffat has in store for Doctor Who series 7? Then step this way...

Published on Dec 15, 2011

With the incoming Doctor Who Christmas special set to be the last episode of the show until the autumn of 2012, Steven Moffat has given a new interview to Doctor Who Magazine, in which he offers some hints and teases as to what to expect from the next series of the show.

Firstly, he’s revealed that “nothing in the next run is starting out as a two-parter”, which potentially moves away from the formula set out when the show returned to our screens in 2005.

“At this stage, everything is a single episode, and the only reason anything will become a two-parter is if we think it needs to be”. Revealing that two-part episodes don’t, as has been suggested, save money for the show, he asks, “so what’s the point in them?”.

Instead? Well, “This year, we used a lot of cliffhangers and mysteries to pull people through, but then I remember the moment, at the end of A Good Man Goes to War, when we put up the title Let’s Kill Hitler. That was so exciting. I’m thinking, ‘Can we do that every week?’ You can sod off with poetic understatement.”

For series seven, therefore, “I want slutty titles and movie poster plots. I want big pictures and straplines”, hinting that the first episode for it that he’s writing will “feel a bit like Die Hard”.

Matt Smith in a dirty vest, then?

We’ll keep you posted as we hear more on series seven of Doctor Who. In the meantime, the Christmas special of Doctor Who Magazine is on sale now. And many thanks to Bleeding Cool for the heads up on the story.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 70
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up