ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith announces retirement
-King- 09:57 AM 04-19-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Elizabeth Smith (@lizbsmith11)

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:32 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Where is this crap coming from? I NEVER said I preferred 4-12 seasons, ever. Never even insinuated it.
I'm sorry, I never meant to imply that you said you preferred losing seasons. I was actually agreeing with you, and I just meant that as frustrating as it was always coming up short in the playoffs, I would never want to go back to what we were before Andy Reid got here.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:36 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I'm sorry, I never meant to imply that you said you preferred losing seasons. I was actually agreeing with you, and I just meant that as frustrating as it was always coming up short in the playoffs, I would never want to go back to what we were before Andy Reid got here.
I never want to go back to what we were before Patrick Mahomes got here. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:44 AM 04-20-2021
I never want to go back to what we were before Patrick Mahomes got here. :-)
I feel like Clark Hunt should start directing his billions towards human cloning, and should patent or copyright the Patrick Lavon Mahomes II model immediately.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 07:10 AM 04-20-2021
Congratulations to Smith on a well earned retirement. You were a mentor to Patrick knowing he was drafted to take your job when most others never would have. You made KC relevant again.

It's sad but I look on Smith's career in KC as what could have been. He had all the talent in the world yet never capitalized on it. He could sling it down the field on a rope yet felt the need to throw 5 yard passes all over the field. It's like he preferred to get on base with a single vs hitting the home run.

I was always frustrated by his inability to hold a lead in the playoffs. With him no lead was safe which was similar to Mahomes, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Mahomes overcomes 24-0, Smith would give up a 24-0 lead.

At the end of the day the fact he is able to retire on his terms and walk after the injury he suffered is worthy of respect.
[Reply]
Bo James 07:28 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
What a badass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:39 AM 04-20-2021
Prior to Brady's first Super Bowl, the Patriots had appeared in the Super Bowl in 1997, just 5 years before.

Russell appeared in two Super Bowls with the Seahawks (2013 and 2014), winning one. The Seahawks had also appeared in the Super Bowl just 8 years earlier, in 2005.

In addition to 2007 and 2011, the Giants had appeared in the Super Bowl in 1990 and again in 2000.

The 49ers played in the 2012 Super Bowl before making it back again in 2019. They lost the NFC Championship 4 times in the 1990's. They also won the 1994 Super Bowl.

The Vikings made it to the 1998, 2000, and 2009 AFC Championship games.

I arbitrarily only went back 20 years but if I had gone further, this statement would be even more impactful:

Between Len Dawson and Mahomes, the Chiefs played in one conference championship game. ONE.

Of the teams you listed, only the Vikings really come close but even then, the Vikings fans at least had SOME evidence they had a punchers chance. Chiefs fans had literally nothing to give them hope. Nothing.
I see. You're operating with full hindsight, so it seems you have all the leverage. The issue is, we actually did have a puncher's chance many of those years, and a pretty damned good chance in quite a few others. Hell, we lost four playoff games with Alex by a combined 4 points. You're telling me we had no chance in those games?

I honestly feel like the point you just made only strengthens my argument. Those teams got lucky and had some success in the postseason without a premier QB. They just stacked their roster and hoped to get hot.. and they did.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:51 AM 04-20-2021
Prior to Brady's first Super Bowl, the Patriots had appeared in the Super Bowl in 1997, just 5 years before.

Russell appeared in two Super Bowls with the Seahawks (2013 and 2014), winning one. The Seahawks had also appeared in the Super Bowl just 8 years earlier, in 2005.

In addition to 2007 and 2011, the Giants had appeared in the Super Bowl in 1990 and again in 2000.

The 49ers played in the 2012 Super Bowl before making it back again in 2019. They lost the NFC Championship 4 times in the 1990's. They also won the 1994 Super Bowl.

The Vikings made it to the 1998, 2000, and 2009 AFC Championship games.

I arbitrarily only went back 20 years but if I had gone further, this statement would be even more impactful:

Between Len Dawson and Mahomes, the Chiefs played in one conference championship game. ONE.

Of the teams you listed, only the Vikings really come close but even then, the Vikings fans at least had SOME evidence they had a punchers chance. Chiefs fans had literally nothing to give them hope. Nothing.
If you make the playoffs, you have a punchers chance.

Teams like the Jaguars, Lions, Browns, etc. haven’t.

They can’t even make the dance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I see. You're operating with full hindsight, so it seems you have all the leverage. The issue is, we actually did have a puncher's chance many of those years, and a pretty damned good chance in quite a few others. Hell, we lost four playoff games with Alex by a combined 4 points. You're telling me we had no chance in those games?

I honestly feel like the point you just made only strengthens my argument. Those teams got lucky and had some success in the postseason without a premier QB. They just stacked their roster and hoped to get hot.. and they did.
Except I felt that way BEFORE the games actually happened. I wasn't operating with hindsight then. I just felt like the team wasn't good enough to win it all. The 2007 Giants fans just saw them play in a Super Bowl 7 years before, why wouldn't they think they could win it all?

I was born in 1973 and saw the Chiefs win exactly one playoff game since I was in college.

We're not talking fact here, we're talking feelings. I never felt like the Chiefs had a puncher's chance and they provided me with zero evidence to the contrary for almost 30 years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

Teams like the Jaguars, Lions, Browns, etc. haven’t.

They can’t even make the dance.
Objectively that may be the case.

Almost 35 years of Chiefs fandom prior to Patrick Mahomes told me otherwise.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:07 AM 04-20-2021
Enjoy retirement.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:09 AM 04-20-2021
Except I felt that way BEFORE the games actually happened. I wasn't operating with hindsight then. I just felt like the team wasn't good enough to win it all. The 2007 Giants fans just saw them play in a Super Bowl 7 years before, why wouldn't they think they could win it all?

I was born in 1973 and saw the Chiefs win exactly one playoff game since I was in college.

We're not talking fact here, we're talking feelings. I never felt like the Chiefs had a puncher's chance and they provided me with zero evidence to the contrary for almost 30 years.
OK, fair enough.

I actually felt like we could win most of those games, but I was born in '89 and didn't really become a hardcore fan until '03 so I was probably just a fair bit less jaded.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:14 AM 04-20-2021
If you make the playoffs, you have a punchers chance
Yeah, this is how I feel.

We've seen it recently with the 49ers, Vikings, Eagles, Jaguars and even the Rams all within the last 5 years. Just stack your roster, hope to get lucky and enjoy the ride.

It's all about entertainment at the end of the day. If your satisfaction is tied solely to winning Super Bowls then you're going to have a bad time. Hell, even Tom Brady doesn't win the SB more often than he does. We've been the creme de la creme ever since Mahomes came along and in three years we've won one SB and not won two of them. I still had a blast.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:15 AM 04-20-2021

You have to throw punches to have a punchers chance though...otherwise you are what we were for 50 years...a punching BAG
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:15 AM 04-20-2021
Objectively that may be the case.

Almost 35 years of Chiefs fandom prior to Patrick Mahomes told me otherwise.
The NFL isn’t the NBA or NHL where if you’re the two lowest seeds you virtually have no chance.

Even the QB thing is over played. Yes, a team needs a good QB. How it happens is where things are not as clear other than a first round pick likely giving you the best odds-which is why I get why people here weren’t happy when the Chiefs went 30 years without taking a QB in the first.

But people here saying you have to take one in the first just because was annoying as hell.

Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
You have to throw punches to have a punchers chance though...otherwise you are what we were for 50 years...a punching BAG
No, that’s what happens you make the playoffs.

Punching bag is what the Lions have been for 50+ years.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:20 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, this is how I feel.

We've seen it recently with the 49ers, Vikings, Eagles, Jaguars and even the Rams all within the last 5 years. Just stack your roster, hope to get lucky and enjoy the ride.

It's all about entertainment at the end of the day. If your satisfaction is tied solely to winning Super Bowls then you're going to have a bad time. Hell, even Tom Brady doesn't win the SB more often than he does. We've been the creme de la creme ever since Mahomes came along and in three years we've won one SB and not won two of them. I still had a blast.
Eagles recipe seems for a SB seems to be an anomaly.

They won with a backup who they gave up on previously after their #2 pick went down and a bunch of stop gap FAs made huge contributions with their HC getting the ax.

Howie Roseman shouldn’t have a job.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up