ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 301
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:53 AM 04-03-2019
This bullpen is going to lose 60+ games by itself.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:32 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
absolutely pathetic... our young star plays his heart out, and the worst free agent signing in royals' history, banished to the bullpen, cannot record outs vs. 2 batters he was ahead of 0-2 in the count.
This will be something we gave to get used to.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:55 AM 04-03-2019
absolutely pathetic... our young star plays his heart out, and the worst free agent signing in royals' history, banished to the bullpen, cannot record outs vs. 2 batters he was ahead of 0-2 in the count.
Although I wish it would work out, I think Kennedy's best impact on this team in 2019 will be as a middle reliever. I'm not sure his repertoire will play well in one inning, shut-down situations. Same with Boxberger. Power arms need to anchor the back of the pen. I'd even be cool if they kept Peralta as the closer for now. As much as he makes you bite your nails, he seems to wiggle out of situations.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:58 AM 04-03-2019
Hopefully Ned doesn't go full Yost and hands late inning duties over to Zimmer. Would be an awesome story arc if he ended up being our next lights out closer.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:11 AM 04-03-2019
One of the things that made the '14-'15 pens so dominant was the differential between the junk-baller starting pitchers and the hard throwing late inning relievers.

Kennedy in middle relief makes sense.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:35 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
This bullpen is going to lose 60+ games by itself.
I'll take the over..........
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Royals new general manager focused on attracting new fans

https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/...cting-new-fans
Now you're talking about attendance? I brought this up a few years ago and was damn near banned from the thread.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:10 AM 04-03-2019

To make room for Homer Bailey on the 25-man roster, the Royals have DFAd right-hander Chris Ellis.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) April 3, 2019

[Reply]
nychief 10:17 AM 04-03-2019
This homer bailey shit is going to turn out terribly. Also Kennedy as a closer is fucking dumb.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:23 AM 04-03-2019
Hey PB, when is the last time you were at the K?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:22 AM 04-03-2019
3 days ago.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:23 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Royals new general manager focused on attracting new fans

https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/...cting-new-fans
OK...why did you post this article about a minor-league hockey team?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:47 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Although I wish it would work out, I think Kennedy's best impact on this team in 2019 will be as a middle reliever. I'm not sure his repertoire will play well in one inning, shut-down situations. Same with Boxberger. Power arms need to anchor the back of the pen. I'd even be cool if they kept Peralta as the closer for now. As much as he makes you bite your nails, he seems to wiggle out of situations.
Kennedys best position would to be DFA'd, so that we can bring up a guy from AAA who would put up equal or probably better production. Id rather he get paid to sit at home and not block guys while he's sucking shit.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:06 PM 04-03-2019
I’ll be honest: I’m fine with seeing this team lose 10-20 extra games due to a crappy bullpen.

They have better young arms on the way in the near future (Zimmer, Staumont, Lovelady among them) that should add a lot of power back in the pen.

They’re trying to rehab some vets and build some trade value. If it doesn’t work, and it costs you games, the other effect is raising your next draft pick slot.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:36 PM 04-03-2019
Should the Royals offer Mondesi an Acuna-type contract? Mondesi is 2 years older so maybe 6 years for $90 mil with options on the end?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 301
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up