ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 101
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>School shooting in FL?
DaNewGuy 03:02 PM 02-14-2018
Just saw this at work, school shooting in Broward county, 50 + hit. Sorry at work can't post much
[Reply]
Jerm 05:11 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The best I can come up with regarding actually reducing incidents, while respecting our rights and freedoms as the law-abiding, is to work hard to erase the societal notion that your own disappointments are the fault of others. Beyond that, recognize that these incidents are still quite rare, celebrate as they decrease in frequency, and not turn every incident into a nationwide nonstop conversation.
These incidents aren't rare...they're becoming the norm.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:17 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Everyone says we should do something. What? Seriously, what can we do to stop this? I have young kids in school. What in the hell can we do?
I do to. I would advocate for multiple armed LEO or trained security personnel at every school. I know my family and I'm guessing most families at an at least middle class income would pay a monthly fee for more secure schools.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:18 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The best I can come up with regarding actually reducing incidents, while respecting our rights and freedoms as the law-abiding, is to work hard to erase the societal notion that your own disappointments are the fault of others.
Also, increase the visibility of, and respect for, peacekeeping entities, from teachers to admin to law enforcement. Don't make it an oppositional thing, constantly reinforce that they are there to protect, not oppress.
Beyond that, recognize that these incidents are still quite rare, celebrate as they decrease in frequency, and not turn every incident into a nationwide nonstop conversation.
Please explain how the bolded has to do with anything.

Students who are in school, unless they were protesting, were doing the exact thing you were mentioning. They were just at school.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:19 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
The gun culture is so bad that we are ****ed for at least a few decades. But hopefully we can change things that will help our great grandchildren. Stricter laws, efforts to reduce ownership, whatever. We need less physically weak white dudes who fetishize guns and violence.
Yes, itís weak white dudes who make our inner cities all look like Beirut. :-)
[Reply]
tmw4h5 05:20 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I do to. I would advocate for multiple armed LEO or trained security personnel at every school. I know my family and I'm guessing most families at an at least middle class income would pay a monthly fee for more secure schools.
The superintendent confirmed that there were officers stationed at the school.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:22 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
These incidents aren't rare...they're becoming the norm.
Rare is a relative term. On the world-wide, historical scale of unnecessary preventable death, mass shooting is still a relatively rare instance.

My point is more that more progress can be made in eradicating the processes that lead individuals to WANT TO do this kind of thing, than trying to erect a system where, even when they really want to, they are unable to.

If for nothing else, even if they aren't able to do precisely this, that WANT TO still remains, and will likely result in unnecessary heartache and probable death somehow anyway.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:23 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Everyone says we should do something. What? Seriously, what can we do to stop this? I have young kids in school. What in the hell can we do?
There isnít anything except taking away everyoneís guns. If a motherfucker wants to kill people, heís going to do it with or without a gun.
[Reply]
ping2000 05:24 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I do to. I would advocate for multiple armed LEO or trained security personnel at every school. I know my family and I'm guessing most families at an at least middle class income would pay a monthly fee for more secure schools.
It would be nice if we didn't have to have armed security, but I agree it would have the greatest, quickest impact. Sad though. I know some schools have metal detectors too.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:25 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by tmw4h5:
The superintendent confirmed that there were officers stationed at the school.
The reality is that there is probably no way to totally prevent something like this. But the more officers way can put at schools, hopefully the more damage can be reduced
[Reply]
ping2000 05:26 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There isnít anything except taking away everyoneís guns. If a motherfucker wants to kill people, heís going to do it with or without a gun.
Except then they would just build bombs. Getting rid of all guns is a just a fantasy, not a real answer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:28 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Please explain how the bolded has to do with anything.

Students who are in school, unless they were protesting, were doing the exact thing you were mentioning. They were just at school.
I'm not going to try to satisfy you with an explanation because it appears that you are reading something far beyond my clear intention.

I'm not trying to indict anything about the people in this specific situation, but as a general solution, I believe it would help to raise the profile of personnel at various premises AS peacekeeping entities. Let the populace know that, wherever you go, there are people who are prepared to stop a violent incident. But I also recognized that you have to do this in a benevolent way as well, so people don't feel like they're constantly in a police state.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:31 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not going to try to satisfy you with an explanation because it appears that you are reading something far beyond my clear intention.

I'm not trying to indict anything about the people in this specific situation, but as a general solution, I believe it would help to raise the profile of personnel at various premises AS peacekeeping entities. Let the populace know that, wherever you go, there are people who are prepared to stop a violent incident. But I also recognized that you have to do this in a benevolent way as well, so people don't feel like they're constantly in a police state.
Thank you for further explaining what you met.

I just personally do not think that the is the most effective tactic.

At the end of the day, there has to be a way from keeping bad people away from guns. And I don't know how you effectively do that, unless you take all guns away, which isn't happening anytime soon.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:32 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
The gun culture is so bad that we are ****ed for at least a few decades. But hopefully we can change things that will help our great grandchildren. Stricter laws, efforts to reduce ownership, whatever. We need less physically weak white dudes who fetishize guns and violence.

I heard the killer today was Hispanic
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:35 PM 02-14-2018
Geesh! I got home Sunday night after working in Broward County since the end of last week.

You haven't changed dickwad. Get back to your Antifa meeting.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 05:36 PM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I heard the killer today was Hispanic
Well if mods wanna move this to DC, I apolgize for putting this in the regular forum lol
[Reply]
Page 6 of 101
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up