ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 103
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:36 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
He threw 4 touchdowns against Georgia last time they played, on the road.

As long as Lock puts up good numbers he can be a first rounder

Did losing to superior teams knock Mahomes out of the first round?
It's not the fact that he was losing, it's how he does it. Dude was having some awful games against teams with winning records. There was a graphic shown againsy TN-Martin and it was horrific. Scoring something like 40+ points against teams with losing records and 18 against teams with winning records. This is his chance to get the monkey off his back.

Mahomes would lose but he would put up gaudy stats in doing so.
[Reply]
Best22 04:02 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's not the fact that he was losing, it's how he does it. Dude was having some awful games against teams with winning records. There was a graphic shown againsy TN-Martin and it was horrific. Scoring something like 40+ points against teams with losing records and 18 against teams with winning records. This is his chance to get the monkey off his back.

Mahomes would lose but he would put up gaudy stats in doing so.
The turnaround came during the Kentucky game

There was something wrong with the team through the first 5 weeks of the season, and I put most of that on HC Barry Odom, not Lock.

Something turned around the week of the Kentucky game, and Mizzou's offense remained red hot. The Texas game was bad, but we literally had a kid calling plays, and a new offensive line coach

I expect a good game from our offense tomorrow.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:25 AM 09-22-2018
Rocking the gold helmet today.

Like we said...

ALL. GOLD. #MIZ #ShowMe #GoldRush pic.twitter.com/jSWZD8impC

— MizzouPix (@MizzouPix) September 22, 2018

[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:25 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Scott was so bad in summer practices that he fell behind Micah Wilson and Taylor Powell - those guys barely had any power 5 offers. Lowary may be ahead of him as well and I'm not sure why he got a scholarship at all. Scott's JUCO ranking is misleading; his HS ranking was barely a 3-star guy.

All 4 of the guys behind Lock right now are equally unacceptable for SEC conference play. None of them are demonstrably better or more capable of excelling against an SEC defense than the other 3. They're all borderline backups and little else.

That's one of my greatest frustrations with Odom - you have a half-dozen QBs with exceptionally successful college careers over the last decade+ here, some of whom are cashing NFL game checks. Yet you can't manage to pull together a better QB room than Kansas for 2019 when the starters gig is going to be wide open? That recent history and the pedigree of the SEC and he's still picking up scraps.

Pretty damn poor, IMO.
Funny how no matter how bad the state teams are, 4 star/5 star kids dream to play for their home state colleges in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, Ohio, Michigan, etc.....

Until the days that more kids who are 4 star/5 star athletes in Missouri decide to stay at home and build this program here, MU is just going to be 2nd tier. They will have to find a way to make 2 & 3 star athletes play above their level and make this team competitive.

Beckner and Lock are anomalies.....kids who stayed home and played here. We've had a few more over the years but more times than not (and not just football, basketball too) we are watching the best of Mizzou play elsewhere.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:25 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

That’s cool.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:27 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

Like the uniforms especially the helmets, just hope we play well enough not to waste them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:44 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Like the uniforms especially the helmets, just hope we play well enough not to waste them.

Helmets won’t matter today. They’ll look good but I think we all know the outcome today.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:56 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Helmets won’t matter today. They’ll look good but I think we all know the outcome today.
Oh...I agree. I am just hoping they keep it respectable.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:21 AM 09-22-2018
What time is the game on today?
[Reply]
Best22 09:26 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
What time is the game on today?
11am on ESPN
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:15 AM 09-22-2018
There's the Old South in action.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:16 AM 09-22-2018
Forward progress was stopped. It was not even close. Now whistle...what bullshit
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:16 AM 09-22-2018
Mizzou isn't going to get that call against Georgia...Odom wasted a timeout
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:17 AM 09-22-2018
Forward progress is confusing for us Chiefs/Tigers fans.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:18 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Mizzou isn't going to get that call against Georgia...Odom wasted a timeout
I'd spend the entire TO ripping the Refs then
[Reply]
Page 19 of 103
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up