ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 319
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:56 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don't want that scumbag Miller. Have to have some standards.
I bet you were against the drafting of Tyreek Hill too and the signing of Frank Clark
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Exactly. If. Assuming he'll be the exact same after an operation on his hip seems crazy to me, especially given the circumstances of his opt out and not being able to bring him into the building.
At this point what do we have other than "if"?

A draftee would be unproven.

Fisher is hurt and his future is uncertain.

Remmers is awful.

Seriously, what do you want to do at this point that's a "sure thing"? Because there isn't one that I can see.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:58 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Remmers is awful.

Seriously, what do you want to do at this point that's a "sure thing"? Because there isn't one that I can see.
Already said it multiple times. Trade up for one of the best T prospects in the draft. It'd be a hell of a lot closer to a sure thing in my eyes than pencilling in Niang who was a RT in college and coming off an operation to his hip.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:59 PM 02-17-2021
Exactly. If. Assuming he'll be the exact same after an operation on his hip seems crazy to me, especially given the circumstances of his opt out and not being able to bring him into the building.
Again. Even with the injury (which he played with and performed at an elite level) he was great. After the surgery and a full year to heal, he will be at peak ability. He’s also had a year to study the playbook and absorb responsibilities and concepts.

There is no reason to not think he can perform at a high level at either OT spot.

Have you read what players like Chase Young said about him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 02-17-2021
Already said it multiple times. Trade up for one of the best T prospects in the draft. It'd be a hell of a lot closer to a sure thing in my eyes than pencilling in Niang who was a RT in college and coming off an operation to his hip.
So you're giving away multiple picks, probably 1st round picks, to get another "if".

Sorry, but that's just not a solid plan. It's a whole lot of wishful thinking and that's about it.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:02 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Remmers is awful.

Remmers was awful at LT...you should probably re-evaluate his performance at RT.

Just a suggestion.

I don’t remember Remmers having a bad game at RT, but I may be forgetting something.

Both advanced stat sites I use show he didn’t give up a sack while playing right tackle and was only flagged 4 times.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Remmers was awful at LT...you should probably re-evaluate his performance at RT.

Just a suggestion.

I don’t remember Remmers having a bad game at RT, but I may be forgetting something.

Both advanced stat sites I use show he didn’t give up a sack while playing right tackle and was only flagged 4 times.
We were talking about LT. In the context of my question, his performance at RT is irrelevant.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:03 PM 02-17-2021
Again. Even with the injury (which he played with and performed at an elite level) he was great. After the surgery and a full year to heal, he will be at peak ability. He’s also had a year to study the playbook and absorb responsibilities and concepts.

There is no reason to not think he can perform at a high level at either OT spot.

Have you read what players like Chase Young said about him?
Yeah, I've seen plenty of players come back with lessened abilities after a surgery, especially since we haven't actually had him in the building to evaluate, but let's just drop it. Agree to disagree here.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:03 PM 02-17-2021
In no way shape or form should KC trade up to draft a LT.

Are you insane?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 02-17-2021

Are you insane?
He has lost his mind over the SB loss.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:06 PM 02-17-2021
There's likely to be a plug and play starting OT available at #31. There's no need to trade up if you really want a starting OT.

The simple fact is that draft picks don't always pan out, regardless of where they were picked. The guy picked right after Eric Fisher isn't even in the league anymore.

There's no such thing as a sure thing so all of this talk is kind of silly.

There's no way to address the situation that isn't riddled with question marks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:08 PM 02-17-2021

Are you insane?
Uhh, why not? By most accounts Schwartz is done and Fisher just ruptured his achilles in December.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:09 PM 02-17-2021
This is going to be a draft where elite front offices like ours are going to kill the draft. There’s not as much film to watch from this last year of college and I expect some “Ldarius Sneed” situations to come to fruition based off 2 year old data from Veach.

In no way do I want to see us move picks in the mid rounds AND a future premium pick to move up for a position we probably have covered in house or at most can be filled through a stop gap FA option.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:09 PM 02-17-2021
Uhh, why not? By most accounts Schwartz is done and Fisher just ruptured his achilles in December.
Because you can likely have just as good a chance at getting a starting LT at 31 as you could by trading up. This is a very good OT class and there's no reason to throw away picks when you're not guaranteed anything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 02-17-2021
Look at it this way:

As deep as this OT class is, by trading up to say 20, you're getting your pick of 3 or 4 guys, one or two of whom will likely be available at 31.

If you're talking about trading up to get a guy like Slater or Darrisaw, you're talking about trading MORE than what we traded to get Patrick Mahomes.

I'm hoping you can see how that's just a bad idea given the circumstances.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 319
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up