ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 64
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** OFFICIAL 2020 CHIEFS Training Camp News and Reports****
Trivers 09:41 AM 08-02-2020
All news, pictures, videos, links, gossip pertaining to 2020 Chiefs Training Camp

Where: Chiefs KC practice facility and via Zoom/Teams

When: Players report 8/31. Padded practices 8/9.

No preseason games.

First game: Houston - 9/10/

CHIEFS Twitter Feed
https://twitter.com/Chiefs

Coach Reid Opening Speech
https://twitter.com/i/status/1288981387358490626
[Reply]
O.city 05:36 AM 08-18-2020
Not sure where to put this but apparently Melvin Ingram is sitting out practices because he’s not happy woth his contract
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not sure where to put this but apparently Melvin Ingram is sitting out practices because he’s not happy woth his contract
He’s probably pissed after seeing what they gave Bosa :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 08:12 AM 08-18-2020
:-)

Excellent......excellent!
[Reply]
Kman34 08:49 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I’m not entirely sold on Ward being a #1 just yet, but yeah agreed on the idea that the cupboard may not be so bare after all... this is now a legit “next man up” organization
But Wards eyes are fixed.. He good..:-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 08-18-2020
I don't think you really need a "#1 corner" anyway. Get a bunch of competent guys and you're fine.

We're paying alot for a few elite guys at other spots. You're gonna have to under serve and develop a few spots to make up for that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:02 AM 08-18-2020

I wonder if Hard Knocks will cover this?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:33 AM 08-18-2020
Didn't he just get a new contract in the last year or two?
[Reply]
Jamie 11:40 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Danna getting 2nd team reps.

Per Nate Taylor, the coaching staff loves his work on and off the field. Can’t get enough of the guy and they’ve given him a ton of snaps.
Interesting. Can we plausibly keep six DEs? I guess if's just the main four at DT, 10 total linemen isn't too crazy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:54 AM 08-18-2020
The most interesting thing i've read thus far is Jody Fortson getting 1st team reps.

Did not see that coming.

They must, really, really like the kid. Makes me wonder if he'll challenge Robinson for some snaps, or if we'll see them use some sets with big guys in the slot.
[Reply]
TRR 12:04 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The most interesting thing i've read thus far is Jody Fortson getting 1st team reps.

Did not see that coming.

They must, really, really like the kid. Makes me wonder if he'll challenge Robinson for some snaps, or if we'll see them use some sets with big guys in the slot.
They’ve been rotating just about every receiver in with the ones from what I read. I just don’t see him challenging any of the top 4 for snaps, much less being able to outplay Pringle for the five spot. I’m a little disappointed Fortson never got an opportunity to convert to TE. May not have worked, but a 4.8 plodder in this offense at WR doesn’t make a ton of sense (nor did the Kelvin Benjamin pickup two years ago).
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 08-18-2020

Did not see that coming.

The other issue there is that 6th spot is so open, they've talked about Hardman playing more offensive snaps and if that is the case then a guy like Justin Shelton Mosely is in play because of his return ability.
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 08-18-2020

Did not see that coming.

Originally Posted by TRR:
They’ve been rotating just about every receiver in with the ones from what I read. I just don’t see him challenging any of the top 4 for snaps, much less being able to outplay Pringle for the five spot. I’m a little disappointed Fortson never got an opportunity to convert to TE. May not have worked, but a 4.8 plodder in this offense at WR doesn’t make a ton of sense (nor did the Kelvin Benjamin pickup two years ago).
Haven't seen that but interesting.

I wouldn't mind to have a big more of a jump ball type WR. I think it would be another nice weapon in the tool kit.

Only issue I always have with things like this is that at this point, the Chiefs have so many dominant weapons, every touch in a game for one of these type players, takes a potential touch away from Tyreek or Mecole, or Kelce etc.

I don't know
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:15 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Nice, but that's GOT to affect his speed...doesn't it?
[Reply]
Blick 12:15 PM 08-18-2020

Did not see that coming.

I didn't either but he could have a situational fit on this team. With Seals Jones getting hurt, he could be that 2nd TE/big WR tweener type that helps in the red zone.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Blick:
I didn't either but he could have a situational fit on this team. With Seals Jones getting hurt, he could be that 2nd TE/big WR tweener type that helps in the red zone.
He's taking no TE snaps though.....with all the injuries the sleeper here is Nick Keizer he is a prototypical TE 2 for the offense. I thought he had a good shot of beating out Yelder before camp started and well now we have to see what's up with Seals Jones.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 64
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up