ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2653 of 3903
« First < 1653215325532603264326492650265126522653 265426552656265726632703275331533653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 12:33 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Apparently there is no shortage of assholes either
You got this thread running alerts to your phone?!

I didn’t even type Pete!
[Reply]
eDave 12:42 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Apparently there is no shortage of assholes either
I can tell Lewdog likes you a lot. In a friend kind of way. I can tell because he is busting your ballz.
[Reply]
eDave 12:59 PM 07-18-2020
Here's the updated chart on new AZ COVID cases over the last few months (with today's data): LINK

Cases: Largest death total in a single daily report today (147). 7-day death avg skyrockets to new high. On track for: 150K cases by July 21, 3,000 deaths revised from July 23 to July 22.

Testing: PCR tests dropped by 50% since yesterday. (Still waiting on "Project Catapult" push to 35K daily tests by July 31)

Spread: Overall PCR positive test percentage went up from 14.4% to 14.5% (based on 772K tests, up from a 6.6% low) and the average for this week started at 18% (based on 20,286 tests, last week revised up from 17% to 18%).

Hospital Utilization: COVID Hospitalizations drop by 7%. ICU beds for COVID patients drop by 5.5% (Overall ICU bed usage went down from 90% to 89%). Ventilators in use for COVID down 4.5%. Intubations for Respiratory Distress stayed in triple digits (104).

Data Source: ADHS

Misc Notes: Another slow lab didn't make the cutoff for today. Also, 106 of 147 deaths being reported today are due to death certificate matching.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:15 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I can tell Lewdog likes you a lot. In a friend kind of way. I can tell because he is busting your ballz.
I don't need lew anywhere near my balls, thank you
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
We had a four hour meeting about a mask mandate here in Enid, OK. A majority were wearing red for anti mask. Many were outside protesting anti masks. Many were voicing their opinions on the podium, breathing into and touching the same mic. A majority were telling the mayor and council that they would not forgot who voted yes when election time came.

It got voted down 5-2. The mayor even voted no and he’s always been pro mask. Now the two biggest stores we have, Wal Mart and Aldi require masks so the tantrums were kind of stupid.
People are really ****ing stupid/selfish. Q, I know.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:24 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Exactly. I've said for a long time that part of the way to get people to wear masks is to give them masks they want to wear. I rotate between Chiefs, Avs, and Rockies masks. If it can go on a ball cap, it can go on a mask.
Imo it's too late now, people aren't likely to change now. And I know some of this wasn't possible but I think the way to have gotten masks on a greater percentage of people would have been to:

1: Not say initially that masks werent necessary
2: Make masks available for free at stores
3: Not shut any businesses down, but require a face covering to enter

Until today I've not worn a mask anywhere I wasn't required to. But I have worn a mask wherever I have been asked to. I really think people got mad that government shut down businesses and that masks were expensive/hard to come by. And now they have put their foot down about masks.

There would still be some resistance but I don't think it would be as bad as it is.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:57 PM 07-18-2020
Europe and other early hit countries also had a mask shortage. And wanted to save masks for health care workers.

In the beginning there weren't any masks available. You couldn't keep businesses open and provide them for free because they didn't exist.

I really don't think the mixed messages from March are driving the non mask wearing.

If the virus is still here in a year without a vaccine are the anti maskers still going to be pointing back to March?

Other countries appear able to take in new information and change behavior accordingly.

With good mask wearing more businesses even in harder hit areas could more safely be open.

But with good behavior the country wouldn't be where we are.

You enter the pandemic with the citizens you have not the citizens you might want.

I don't see any way to safely have bars where people are standing in crowds.
[Reply]
eDave 02:59 PM 07-18-2020
Question about my AZ updates. Will CDC numbers going directly to fuck face, will that affect local data?
[Reply]
stumppy 03:01 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Europe and other early hit countries also had a mask shortage. And wanted to save masks for health care workers.

In the beginning there weren't any masks available. You couldn't keep businesses open and provide them for free because they didn't exist.

I really don't think the mixed messages from March are driving the non mask wearing.

If the virus is still here in a year without a vaccine are the anti maskers still going to be pointing back to March?

Other countries appear able to take in new information and change behavior accordingly.
The message from March is just being used as an excuse.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:03 PM 07-18-2020
Question about my AZ updates. Will CDC numbers going directly to fuck face, will that affect local data?
My money is on it will but it will be denied.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:06 PM 07-18-2020
Question about my AZ updates. Will CDC numbers going directly to **** face, will that affect local data?
Obama won't get those numbers.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:24 PM 07-18-2020
My interpretation is that the aggregating is changing, but not the initial reporting. That should still be available from local health departments.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:28 PM 07-18-2020
Why is Alex azar a fuck face?
[Reply]
TLO 03:30 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My interpretation is that the aggregating is changing, but not the initial reporting. That should still be available from local health departments.
The only change I've noticed is that hospitalization info is becoming even more difficult to track down across Missouri. Our local hospital is still providing updates to the public every day. (We're down to 8 now)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:39 PM 07-18-2020
Well my oldest step kid is getting test on Monday, so we will see how that goes.
[Reply]
Page 2653 of 3903
« First < 1653215325532603264326492650265126522653 265426552656265726632703275331533653 > Last »
Up