ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 130
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:55 PM 12-09-2017
Just blow it up. None of the stars want to come here and the core is a joke. Deal flash in the Pham...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:20 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Just blow it up. None of the stars want to come here and the core is a joke. Deal flash in the Pham...

Why? What do you think a team is going to give up for him?

His potential flaws (age, history, eye issue) are well known.

Trading Pham right now is all downside for the Cardinals. If last season is real,
He's going to be a really valuable hitter the next few years and you lose big.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:34 PM 12-09-2017
There isn't anything to blow up. The time to deal Gyorko was last offseason, Pham is pure surplus value who has serious injury concerns that will nuke his trade value, and Carpenter is coming off his worst year since he became a regular. Aside from that, everyone else is either on a team friendly deal (Carlos, Wong), years away from arb, or untradeable (Wainwright, Cecil).

Every young position player at the big league/AAA level has some kind of serious flaw that would raise massive red flags if you were dangling them, and most of it has to do with plate discipline (Grichuk, DeJong, O'Neill, Bader).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:34 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Every young position player at the big league/AAA level has some kind of serious flaw that would raise massive red flags if you were dangling them, and most of it has to do with plate discipline (Grichuk, DeJong, O'Neill, Bader).
Matheny and his BFF will fix them.:-)

I'd like to root for them to suck in 2018 because it may cause Dewitt to move on from Meathead but I dont think it would move the needle for Dewitt. We are not expecting to seriously compete so Dewitt writes it off and its another wasted year.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:44 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Recent reports from industry insiders are that Stanton has added the New England Patriots and Golden State Warriors to his list of approved teams.
:-)
[Reply]
tk13 03:32 PM 12-10-2017

The #Stlcards sign reliever Luke Gregerson to 2-year, $11 million deal with an option in 2020 for $5 million (club) or $6 million (vesting). @Ken_Rosenthal 1st w deal

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) December 10, 2017

[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:33 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:

It's like Khalil Greene never happened!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:57 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:

Goddammit, Mozelaik just makes the worst decisions on relievers.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:45 PM 12-10-2017

Yeah, don't get that one.

Especially compared to the Morrow signing by the Cubs.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:48 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Generally, relievers that have declined three consecutive seasons, ending up as replacement level in a walk year when in their thirties, get non-roster invites, not 2/11.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:00 PM 12-10-2017
Generally, relievers that have declined three consecutive seasons, ending up as replacement level in a walk year when in their thirties, get non-roster invites, not 2/11.
maybe we have to overpay because of the way Matheny overuses his relievers, is a fucking idiot on how to use a bullpen. No FA relievers will come here anymore except those getting top $.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:15 PM 12-10-2017

Personally I'd rather the Cubs have not signed Morrow.

Chatwood made sense given his splits, spin rate, and age. Morrow just doesnt make sense to me as an option to be your closer. He hasn't pitched 50 innings since 2013 when he managed to make it a whopping 54 innings when he was still a starter. At least its only 2 years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:22 PM 12-10-2017

I don't care about these escalating salaries. We just started a 15 year/$2 BILLION cable contract. That's a an additional $133 million a year big pile of money to pay players or write off dead money on bad signings.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:06 PM 12-10-2017
#mozeliakstuff

20% too much for a year too long so he could get an older, less effective version of guys he already has to handle roles of marginal value.

The guy just isn't a good general manager.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:12 PM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't care about these escalating salaries. We just started a 15 year/$2 BILLION cable contract. That's a an additional $133 million a year big pile of money to pay players or write off dead money on bad signings.
I care about using a roster spot on replacement level chaff.

Gregerson will be better than Broxton. Probably.

He'll be MUCH worse than Cecil.

That's your bar...
[Reply]
Page 100 of 130
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Up