« First < 34434484524530531532533534 53553653753854458463410341534 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Nut Fumble 02:23 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
A shit QB and RB turning the ball over is expected
This is also why Denver has owned KC and the rest of the AFC West since 2011. Great insight, as usual.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:03 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That's because you're judging SD based on last year.

They aren't the same team when Allen and their OL is healthy. Gordon is much improved in year two.

Mebane was also an excellent addition to their defense.
No, I 'm not.

I'm judging it on what I saw from KC on the field yesterday which was a non-existent pass rush and very weak CB play. If Rivers hadn't lost his receiving weapon halfway through I don't know how they wouldn't have continued to hammer that D. KC's O is what it is.

I'll put it to you this way: if KC continues to play like they did yesterday how confident are you in your prediction that they will go "at least to the AFCG" if not further?

Not talking shit here. Making an observation that I can't reconcile a lot of the talk here about KC finally winning the West, going 12-4, 14-2, AFCG, etc. with what I saw this weekend.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:33 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
No, I 'm not.

I'm judging it on what I saw from KC on the field yesterday which was a non-existent pass rush and very weak CB play. If Rivers hadn't lost his receiving weapon halfway through I don't know how they wouldn't have continued to hammer that D. KC's O is what it is.

I'll put it to you this way: if KC continues to play like they did yesterday how confident are you in your prediction that they will go "at least to the AFCG" if not further?

Not talking shit here. Making an observation that I can't reconcile a lot of the talk here about KC finally winning the West, going 12-4, 14-2, AFCG, etc. with what I saw this weekend.

They're not healthy on defense. Zombo and Ford were KC's OLB in the first half yesterday.

Everyone knows KC's defense is good when everyone plays.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:36 PM 09-12-2016
No, I 'm not.

It's probably best for KC's offense that they can't rely on the defense too much right now. If they have to pull a few deficits out of their ass, Reid might actually learn to use and trust an offense for something outside of his normal, utterly mind-numbing routine.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:48 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
It's probably best for KC's offense that they can't rely on the defense too much right now. If they have to pull a few deficits out of their ass, Reid might actually learn to use and trust an offense for something outside of his normal, utterly mind-numbing routine.
McNabb didn't have that problem. Alex Smith is clearly conservative with the ball. Thats why a large majority of his passes go to the backs.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:57 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
McNabb didn't have that problem. Alex Smith is clearly conservative with the ball. Thats why a large majority of his passes go to the backs.
Alex has been given complete carte blanche on his side of things. He's got a great line now,a #1 receiver and TE, and possibly the best RBBC in the league.

And, it's his 4th fucking year in the system.

There is literally no excuse for "needs weapons" any longer. He SHOULD be stacking 2 TD leads on opponents now, it should absolutely be expected.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:05 PM 09-12-2016
No, I 'm not.

Denver won by a missed field goal. KC kicked SD's ass .
[Reply]
New World Order 06:22 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Alex has been given complete carte blanche on his side of things. He's got a great line now,a #1 receiver and TE, and possibly the best RBBC in the league.

And, it's his 4th ****ing year in the system.

There is literally no excuse for "needs weapons" any longer. He SHOULD be stacking 2 TD leads on opponents now, it should absolutely be expected.

I think he has the most complete offense around him although Pitt may be a bit better.

Alex has a Pro Bowl TE, Pro Bowl WR, Pro Bowl RB. He actually has 2 Pro Bowl caliber running backs.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:23 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
They're not healthy on defense. Zombo and Ford were KC's OLB in the first half yesterday.

Everyone knows KC's defense is good when everyone plays.
No doubt a healthy Houston makes it different up front. The backfield though, not as easy a fix imho.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:25 PM 09-12-2016
No doubt a healthy Houston makes it different up front. The backfield though, not as easy a fix imho.
The defensive backfield?

Our two biggest question marks there played well yesterday. We have a good secondary. Berry just needs to shake off the rust.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:25 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Denver won by a missed field goal. KC kicked SD's ass .
A big W to be sure. Don't know about the ass kicking part.
Damn is good to have football back.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:27 PM 09-12-2016

-Gaines had a torn ACL last year. He's the starting corner opposite of Peters. It's going to take him a few games to get back. He only played in one preseason game iirc.

-Houston, a top 3 pass rusher in the NFL is out.

-Hali didn't play much in the first half. When he started playing it was a completely different ball game. They started to put pressure on Rivers.

-Berry held out for much of the offseason.

I think we will get a better feel for the defense week 4ish. I wasn't high on the secondary before the season started, but we need to give them some time to catch up to game speed.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:28 PM 09-12-2016
-Gaines had a torn ACL last year. He's the starting corner opposite of Peters. It's going to take him a few games to get back. He only played in one preseason game iirc.

-Houston, a top 3 pass rusher in the NFL is out.

-Hali didn't play much in the first half. When he started playing it was a completely different ball game. They started to put pressure on Rivers.

-Berry held out for much of the offseason.

I think we will get a better feel for the defense week 4ish.
No doubt, we'll have a much better feel for all teams by week 4.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:57 PM 09-12-2016
I think he has the most complete offense around him although Pitt may be a bit better.

Alex has a Pro Bowl TE, Pro Bowl WR, Pro Bowl RB. He actually has 2 Pro Bowl caliber running backs.
I would say Pittsburgh is way letter. I expect the Steelers barring major injury to win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:03 PM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The defensive backfield?

Our two biggest question marks there played well yesterday. We have a good secondary. Berry just needs to shake off the rust.
That may be because Phylis was picking on Peters so much but you watched it much closer than i did.
[Reply]
Page 534 of 4902
« First < 34434484524530531532533534 53553653753854458463410341534 > Last »
Up