ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign a rugby player
RunKC 05:46 PM 03-27-2024
Interesting

Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit will be signing with the #Chiefs on Friday, per sources.

After working out and impressing Kansas City’s staff earlier this week, they have agreed on terms. I’m told Rees-Zammit will be playing RB/WR. pic.twitter.com/o6ftzwhC6F

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
Hayneplane 06:32 PM 03-27-2024
As a British fan of both codes of rugby (more league than union) and a Chiefs fan this is very exciting. Some of the other rugby players to transition had very good all round games built around positional play and versatility (Hayne/Holmes) but LRZ is a much better NFL prospect with long distance speed and change of direction.

If Andy thinks he has it then I can’t wait to see him get down to the Mahomes Texas training group and learn the ropes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:32 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah..... No.. Gone in the first cut down..
If he doesn't count against the roster limit...then why would they cut him? Dude can stay on the 90 and then be sent to the practice squad where he....doesn't count again.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:32 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s a size-speed-age thing. You and fast and big. Interesting package.
Yea, it's a nice swing.
[Reply]
scho63 06:34 PM 03-27-2024
The first time he fucks up we will all be yelling: DAMMIT ZAMMIT!
[Reply]
wazu 06:34 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
As a British fan of both codes of rugby (more league than union) and a Chiefs fan this is very exciting. Some of the other rugby players to transition had very good all round games built around positional play and versatility (Hayne/Holmes) but LRZ is a much better NFL prospect with long distance speed and change of direction.

If Andy thinks he has it then I can’t wait to see him get down to the Mahomes Texas training group and learn the ropes.
Chiefs Planeteer with the scouting report. This is probably more than anybody else in KC knows about this guy so far. Well done!
[Reply]
Womble 06:40 PM 03-27-2024
I remember saying to my rugby mates how dumb it was when he said he was trying to become a WR in the NFL, having never played the game. RB is the most obvious option and he's joining a team that scripts more RB receiving plays than most teams, so he can develop those skills here too. Having said all of that, I'm sceptical and think he'll be a practice squad guy at best this year.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 06:45 PM 03-27-2024
Future hall of famer IMHO
[Reply]
Cosmos 06:47 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Direct response to new kickoff rules.
I could see bubble screens/reverses just to get the ball in his hands.

Seems he could break a few tackles.

Interesting for sure.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:47 PM 03-27-2024
Now that I think about it, this guy might be a great fit for the new KR rules.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:48 PM 03-27-2024
Also back up punter in case the punt god blasts a returner and gets concussed.

In all seriousness, this is pretty intriguing. May not amount to anything, especially this year. But, man that dude is big, fast, and athletic. I’m kind of excited!
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:53 PM 03-27-2024
Okay FUCK YEAH!!!
[Reply]
Hayneplane 06:53 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
I could see bubble screens/reverses just to get the ball in his hands.

Seems he could break a few tackles.

Interesting for sure.
The standard of open field tackling in the NFL is a long way below both rugby league and rugby union so if he gets a screen pass and a 1vs1 run at a safety or linebacker I would back him to beat them on speed and step or power.

One big adjustment he will have to make is getting used to being tackled with both feet in the air making a catch as that is an instant penalty in rugby so rarely happens.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:54 PM 03-27-2024
This should be one guy that'll be ready for the pitch from Kelce.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:54 PM 03-27-2024

Rees-Zammit is an NFL International Pathway Program player. He won’t count against the 90-player roster and if he makes the practice squad he wouldn’t count against the 16-player limit. https://t.co/yWxqeegNg5

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:55 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
The standard of open field tackling in the NFL is a long way below both rugby league and rugby union so if he gets a screen pass and a 1vs1 run at a safety or linebacker I would back him to beat them on speed and step or power.

One big adjustment he will have to make is getting used to being tackled with both feet in the air making a catch as that is an instant penalty in rugby so rarely happens.
Well, give it a second. The rules committee will ban that tackle, too.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up