ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 94
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:53 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
after that episode i almost believe maggie and her dad are involved. just makes sense her coming over poking around after rust visits with tuttle
If that's the case, it would possibly explain the older daughter's irrational vitriol towards Marty- when nothing on the show has dictated he's not a good father and clearly exhibits a paternal protective instinct very naturally, and from all we have seen a loving and supportive father.

Maggie clearly is way more purposely manipulative than anyone could possibly know before this last episode, and has formal medical training and access to drugs.

There are sadly many documented cases of victims of repeated sexual abuse being mentally broken via a systematic process.

Google "Monarch Programming" - it's crazy, scary, and completely fascinating.

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:26 AM 02-25-2014
well then...if i am grasping and shes not involved somehow, care to explain....

Spoiler!
Red Herring?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:23 AM 02-25-2014
I'll just leave this here.

[Reply]
Carlota69 12:05 PM 02-25-2014

Spoiler!
Nice find
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:31 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Red Herring?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
eazyb81 02:21 PM 02-25-2014
I think there's a possibility that Rust is somehow involved in some sort of multiple personality way. In a tie in with The King in Yellow, the case may have made him go mad. His crazy hallucinations from earlier in the season may have been the foreshadowing here.

Also keep in mind that the "spaghetti monster"/"giant with scars" descriptions may not be totally accurate since the victims were supposedly dosed up with acid and meth. Could make them see things that aren't there, which is what the perpetrators may want. 

I keep going back to the weird picture in Dora Lange's house of a young girl (presumably Dora) surrounded by five masked guys on horses. If these really were the five cult members as a common theory suggests, how did they get close to her at such a young age and then kill her later? Why was this picture even in her mom's house? And why didn't Rust or Marty even ask about this picture? 

Also, what would be the significant of Beth = Marie Fontenot? Some have speculated on this but I don't get what it would have to do with the actual case. 
[Reply]
bowener 03:30 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
I think there's a possibility that Rust is somehow involved in some sort of multiple personality way. In a tie in with The King in Yellow, the case may have made him go mad. His crazy hallucinations from earlier in the season may have been the foreshadowing here.

Also keep in mind that the "spaghetti monster"/"giant with scars" descriptions may not be totally accurate since the victims were supposedly dosed up with acid and meth. Could make them see things that aren't there, which is what the perpetrators may want. 

I keep going back to the weird picture in Dora Lange's house of a young girl (presumably Dora) surrounded by five masked guys on horses. If these really were the five cult members as a common theory suggests, how did they get close to her at such a young age and then kill her later? Why was this picture even in her mom's house? And why didn't Rust or Marty even ask about this picture? 

Also, what would be the significant of Beth = Marie Fontenot? Some have speculated on this but I don't get what it would have to do with the actual case. 
I think Tuttle is the giant with scars... his scars are just covered up by his suits. Marie Fontenot was a little girl who was kidnapped like the other kids, and used for rape, then murdered. When he is going through the database of missing children the majority of them said "filed in error" or something similar. Somehow the parents or guardians were paid off/threatened or the police filed them as such so that nobody would go back and look for them.

edit: It did just occur to me that they may keep the young females hostage until they grow too old for their purpose, at which point they are sacrificed. The boys are not needed for sacrifice and thus are allowed to die at any point (the boy in the trailer was already dead).
[Reply]
Bambi 03:36 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by eazyb81:

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:02 PM 02-25-2014

Spoiler!
What is in this screenshot I'm suppose to be seeing?
[Reply]
NewChief 04:30 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Art in hospital mural is very similar to that on their bedroom wall.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:31 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'd might be more obvious if you saw the second image first, but;

Spoiler!

[Reply]
bowener 05:37 PM 02-25-2014
As I sit here I fear this series is going to end open, and that the intention of the writer is for the audience to rewatch this series several times trying to solve it themselves. I think Pizzolatto will give out the key to the answer in the final episode, but will not give us the revelation we want. And I firmly believe that either Hart or Cohle will be killed by their own hand or their partner's hand.

With only two episodes remaining there just doesn't seem to be enough time for them to topple this secret group and have the involved parties put away. All of that would certainly fit well with the "time is a flat circle" discussion.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
beach tribe 05:56 PM 02-25-2014

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:58 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
OMG the ASS
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:58 PM 02-25-2014
NSFW
The nsfw tag didn't work or something.

Spoiler!