ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 94
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:30 PM 02-24-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
fucking killed it….again

Might just give up tv after this show ends.

Great show for sure. Saying it is the only decent one is Fail again, but at least you are tolerable in here barely.Winter is coming..
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:09 AM 02-25-2014
So I checked this out after reading this thread and about to finish the 5th episode, and I have no words.

This is the best story I have ever seen or read, and the acting and production have me in awe.

There really is nothing I can compare it to. It is in a class all by itself. I am engulfed by this....astonished.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:31 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
So I checked this out after reading this thread and about to finish the 5th episode, and I have no words.

This is the best story I have ever seen or read, and the acting and production have me in awe.

There really is nothing I can compare it to. It is in a class all by itself. I am engulfed by this....astonished.
That sounds like total bullshit and a bunch of cliché hyperbole.

Except, I kinda feel the exact same way about it. Actually, I'm right there with you in my awe of disbelief.

Every scene, another indiscriminate piece of the jigsaw.

They don't drop clues like steamy turds on a fresh cut lawn, playing down to the dumbest viewer.

Just like a detective working the case, you gotta put in the time to breakdown the episode. Recall, intelligence, attention to detail are rewarded with insight, scope, and perspective.

This series solidifies for me is concrete proof that the idea of an open ended series with no formulation of # of seasons or episodes from the start is downright moronic. It doesn't make sense to finally figure out a resolution and place a period at the end of that world's sentence typically just because the ratings have dropped off. That's aimless entertainment to fill time between commercials.

True Detective is a culmination of artists all contributing in the formation of what is truly a Masterpiece.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:32 AM 02-25-2014
It's a good show. The one season format will prop it up as welll.
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:18 AM 02-25-2014
Ill be damned if I didn't have to just get back up out of bed because episode 6 is on my PC and unwatched.
That has never happened to me before.
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:22 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I felt the same way about my post after reading it, but it's just a genuine statement

Except, I kinda feel the exact same way about it. Actually, I'm right there with you in my awe of disbelief.

They don't drop clues like steamy turds on a fresh cut lawn, playing down to the dumbest viewer.

Just like a detective working the case, you gotta put in the time to breakdown the episode. Recall, intelligence, attention to detail are rewarded with insight, scope, and perspective.

This series solidifies for me is concrete proof that the idea of an open ended series with no formulation of # of seasons or episodes from the start is downright moronic. It doesn't make sense to finally figure out a resolution and place a period at the end of that world's sentence typically just because the ratings have dropped off. That's aimless entertainment to fill time between commercials.

True Detective is a culmination of artists all contributing in the formation of what is truly a Masterpiece.
Nicely put.
[Reply]
Bambi 08:46 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by PGM:
Great show for sure. Saying it is the only decent one is Fail again, but at least you are tolerable in here barely.Winter is coming..
I like Game of Thrones. Pater Dinklage works out at my gym.

I wish it had more episodes every season understanding that it is a very different format from TD.
[Reply]
Bambi 08:46 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
well then...if i am grasping and shes not involved somehow, care to explain....

Spoiler!
hmmmmm, whats going on here? Is that Maggie or one of Marty's whores?
[Reply]
Bambi 08:49 AM 02-25-2014

I'm starting to think that there really isn't going to be some crazy twist involved at the end which all these online theories are speculating over.

And you know what? I'd be 100% okay with that. Here is a good article that strangely parallels the "Detective's Curse"... Instead of trying to dissect every single frame of the show and what it means, who is the yellow kings, blah blah blah....Maybe we as the audience need to just appreciate what we're watching as we're watching it. It's right here under our nose.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/tru...uided-opinion/
[Reply]
vailpass 09:16 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Ok, so then why highlight the fact that he bought 3 boxes of tampons? They made a point of showing us the tampons a couple of times.
During the course of my marriage I went to the store for a lot of embarrassing girl things for my wife. Never took any of them into the bar...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:24 AM 02-25-2014
I like Game of Thrones. Pater Dinklage works out at my gym.

I wish it had more episodes every season understanding that it is a very different format from TD.
That is cool. Seems like a cool guy to shoot the breeze with. Yeah it is hard for them to squeeze that much story in a short season.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:27 AM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
During the course of my marriage I went to the store for a lot of embarrassing girl things for my wife. Never took any of them into the bar...
We're you trying to score poon from a crazy with daddy issues at the time :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:30 AM 02-25-2014
hmmmmm, whats going on here? Is that Maggie or one of Marty's whores?
maggie
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:31 AM 02-25-2014
I'm starting to think that there really isn't going to be some crazy twist involved at the end which all these online theories are speculating over.

And you know what? I'd be 100% okay with that. Here is a good article that strangely parallels the "Detective's Curse"... Instead of trying to dissect every single frame of the show and what it means, who is the yellow kings, blah blah blah....Maybe we as the audience need to just appreciate what we're watching as we're watching it. It's right here under our nose.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/tru...uided-opinion/
You could be right. Just like how many kind of felt at the end of The Usual Suspects before it got all the cult film buzz, and were able to go into watching it the 1st time blind. Word of mouth simply has a built in negative effect of self imagined expectation. Doesn't mean it ruins it, but it alters taking in that experience.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:45 AM 02-25-2014
If a girl orders a dirty martini, you can PIIHB.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 94
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up