ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:22 AM 03-26-2024

Shocking footage. Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship.

pic.twitter.com/u8xXrhICJu

— Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) March 26, 2024

SITUATION REPORT: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE

- At 1:28 a.m. ET, a large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

- Large parts of the bridge immediately collapsed, sending multiple vehicles into the water, including a group of construction workers.

-… pic.twitter.com/QGHPeCyQLR

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:39 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There seemed to be a lot more cars on the highway just before it hit, Dont see a lot of cars headlights on the bridge as it gets hit.

If that happened in rush hour.... been hundreds go into that freezing water if they survive the fall.
Live recreation of the Final Destination 5 bridge scene.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:42 AM 03-26-2024
The bridge collapse was just a reenactment of Lamar Jackson in the AFC championship game.
[Reply]
Womble 05:46 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The bridge collapse was just a reenactment of Lamar Jackson in the AFC championship game.
If you're going to make jokes about people dying just hours after the incident, at least try and make it somewhat funny.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:47 AM 03-26-2024
Some footage of the bridge now that the sun is coming up.

🚨#BREAKING: Morning Daylight reveals the aftermath of the mass casualty event of the Scott Key Bridge collapse

📌#Baltimore | #Maryland

Watch As morning daylight approaches, it reveals the devastating aftermath of an early morning incident after a large cargo ship from… pic.twitter.com/zzXBuUB5m0

— R A W S A L E R T S (@rawsalerts) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:56 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Here's a longer clip, looks like the ship losses power and regains it right before the impact.
If you watch some other clips, it looks like the ship lost power twice. After it regains power the 2nd time, you can see the captain or whomever has control of the ship, pouring the power on.

Crazy shit. If the fall doesn't kill the folks, falling into all sorts of twisted metal certainly will.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:59 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
If you watch some other clips, it looks like the ship lost power twice. After it regains power the 2nd time, you can see the captain or whomever has control of the ship, pouring the power on.

Crazy shit. If the fall doesn't kill the folks, falling into all sorts of twisted metal certainly will.
and 47 degree water.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:08 AM 03-26-2024
This is awful.. Looking forward to see what exactly happened on that ship.. Criminal charges maybe coming…
[Reply]
scho63 06:09 AM 03-26-2024
I HATED driving over that bridge. I tried to avoid it every chance I had when driving from property to property unless no other option.

We have a lot of shitty bridges in this country. Piss poor infrastructure. East Coast and Midwest have a ton of steel garbage we all drive over daily.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:13 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
and 47 degree water.
that too. Read in an article, you have 1 - 3 hours to survive in that temp water before hypothermia sets in.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:15 AM 03-26-2024
Somebody got their coffee spilled in their lap
[Reply]
2bikemike 06:27 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:

I used to operate main propulsion and the electric plant on my ship, during my time in the Navy. I believe you are correct that ship lost power. And when it did come back it appears that all the same lighting did not come back with it. Which tells me they only restored power partially.

It would be very difficult to restore everything in that short amount of time. I would assume they lost main propulsion as they would've lost all supporting auxiliaries . They would lose hydraulic steering as well. I believe that ship was just drifting.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:31 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I used to operate main propulsion and the electric plant on my ship, during my time in the Navy. I believe you are correct that ship lost power. And when it did come back it appears that all the same lighting did not come back with it. Which tells me they only restored power partially.

It would be very difficult to restore everything in that short amount of time. I would assume they lost main propulsion as they would've lost all supporting auxiliaries . They would lose hydraulic steering as well. I believe that ship was just drifting.
oof.

When the mpls bridge collapsed, the one thing it had going for it was the low water level. save a few people, and a bus. But the drop.....another oof.

And who ever said it...yes, there are a lot of shitty bridges in this country.

The term used in MPLS was 'functionally deficient'
[Reply]
scho63 06:40 AM 03-26-2024
Imagine being on that bridge in your vehicle and seeing it begin it's slow collapse and know you had no ability to get off. That's awful.
[Reply]
wazu 06:55 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Imagine being on that bridge in your vehicle and seeing it begin it's slow collapse and know you had no ability to get off. That's awful.
Didn't seem like there was anything slow about it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:57 AM 03-26-2024
That’s awful.

Fuck me.

I guess there is a benefit to living out here in the desert hellscape.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up