ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 92
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:43 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
When you actually understand what you are watching, it helps. Maybe go watch some in depth breakdowns of the game that are out there because clearly you struggle with that aspect.
Anyone that disagrees with your take didn't "watch the game".

Weak sauce.

I watched two QB's play poorly. Allen will need to do a lot better than 1 TD drive this weekend to take out KC.
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:48 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Anyone that disagrees with your take didn't "watch the game".

Weak sauce.

I watched two QB's play poorly. Allen will need to do a lot better than 1 TD drive this weekend to take out KC.
Watching and understanding are two different things. Anyone who thought the Ravens ran effectively clearly didn't watch the same game.

Allen played OK, Ravens coverage was really great for most of the game, especially Humphrey, who might have been the best player on the field that game.

I would expect Allen plays one of his best games of the year Sunday.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:52 AM 01-19-2021
Watching and understanding are two different things. Anyone who thought the Ravens ran effectively clearly didn't watch the same game.

Allen played OK, Ravens coverage was really great for most of the game, especially Humphrey, who might have been the best player on the field that game.

I would expect Allen plays one of his best games of the year Sunday.
I didn't say they ran effectively. They SHOULD have been able to. If you actually read what I wrote you would have not missed that. You are arguing with someone else.

Ravens coverage-They have very good corners. I don't think their plan was terrible but it wasn't A work either. Lots of man, some zone. Not much pressure. They showed the pressure and bailed which is good but they never actually went through with it enough.

That makes the show pressure/bail less effective.

Chiefs destroy those corners with our weapons.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:07 AM 01-19-2021
Buffalo's yards/game vs AFC playoff teams: 298

KC: 474 (including a half without Mahomes)

But tell us more about how well they compare offensively.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:07 AM 01-19-2021
Meh. Buffalo clearly adjusted and shut the Ravens down after getting obliterated that first drive.

I do have to laugh at the idea that Baltimore just needs a WR1 for Jackson like I've been seeing recently, though. Had a wide open Brown in the end zone and misfired badly, then threw the game clinching pick 6. The desperation of the media for Jackson to be successful is baffling.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:14 AM 01-19-2021
Same ref that worked the Chiefs Super Bowl win last year... Bill Vinovich will be the ref for Sunday's game.

No Clitoris Blakeman.

Thank you Jesus.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:17 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Buffalo's yards/game vs AFC playoff teams: 298

KC: 474 (including a half without Mahomes)

But tell us more about how well they compare offensively.
Buffalo fans will mention KC won by only 5 points.

I'm serious.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 01-19-2021
The Ravens defense held Josh Allen to 206 yards and 1 TD. QBR of 51.

Last year? 147 yards, 1 TD, and a 16.7 QBR. And in 2018? 74 yards, 0 TD's, and a QBR of 37.

Meanwhile, Patrick Mahomes put up 385 yards, 4 TD's, and a near perfect 98.5 QBR on the Ravens earlier this year.

Last year? 374 yards, 3 TD, and an 86.5 QBR. And in 2018? 377 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, and a 59.7 QBR.

Mahomes' worst game against that Baltimore defense is significantly better than Allen's best game against that defense.

I told everyone the Browns wouldn't score 30 points against the Chiefs. They didn't even break 20. I'll hold off predictions for now but if Buffalo fans think Allen is going to outscore Patrick fucking Mahomes, they're kidding themselves.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Meh. Buffalo clearly adjusted and shut the Ravens down after getting obliterated that first drive.

I do have to laugh at the idea that Baltimore just needs a WR1 for Jackson like I've been seeing recently, though. Had a wide open Brown in the end zone and misfired badly, then threw the game clinching pick 6. The desperation of the media for Jackson to be successful is baffling.
Yep.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:22 AM 01-19-2021
Will Kilgore start at C this week for the Chiefs?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:24 AM 01-19-2021
Stats without context are meaningless. Lazy use of them by you.

32 of the yards came by their backup QB down 14. 20 of those came on a 3rd and 32 from their own 1 yard line. Those yards were useless. They were already down 17-3.

So when the game was in the balance, the Ravens ran for 118 yards, and for an average of about 4.1 YPC. Both well below their averages for the year. If you watched the game, other than 4 runs that gained a total of about 60 yards(literally the first 3 plays of the first drive and 1 a 15 yard scramble by Jackson on a 3rd and 14 later in the game), they did almost nothing running the ball. They were not able to consistently move the ball and constantly were in 3rd and long all game where they cannot really operate well.

That was a masterclass on defense on how to shut that offense down. They scored 3 points.
Selective discounting of stats on a regular basis makes you like like a fucking idiot. So, running for a 120 yards on "meaningful carries" is not doing exactly what they should have? You were outgained more than that in total yards and only put up 220 on offense. You should have been blown off the field. The Ravens lost to their own stupidity, not to the Bills somehow being good at anything that game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:24 AM 01-19-2021
I know this game didn’t count according to Bills fans but I do find the stats interesting.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Selective discounting of stats on a regular basis makes you like like a fucking idiot. So, running for a 120 yards on "meaningful carries" is not doing exactly what they should have? You were outgained more than that in total yards and only put up 220 on offense. You should have been blown off the field. The Ravens lost to their own stupidity, not to the Bills somehow being good at anything that game.
They're EXACTLY like Patriot fans.

Nothing before week 10 matters.

Weather.

QB's non-throwing shoulder was hurt.

They've got a million excuses and exceptions when it comes to stats. They don't want to talk about anything in context, they want to reframe every argument to fit their agenda.

They claim they're here "just to talk football" when it's obvious that's not what they want at all.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:35 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The more that I think about it, expect the public to be on the over but I think this game is an under.

Bills were terrified of our passing game last time. I think they continue to keep safeties deep forcing us to grab 5 to 7 yards a carry and hit passes in the middle of the field.

On defense I think Spags will have the false reads ready to play with Allen's head along with even more exotic pressure looks to consider.

All this adds up to low scoring.
We need to contain Allen to his right, and force him left. He is a much better playmaker, excellent in fact, when scrambling to his right, good, but much less effective to his left. His big plays tend to come when he is forced to his right outside the pocket. As I have said before, force him to his left like a Jr. High point guard...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We need to contain Allen to his right, and force him left. He is a much better playmaker, excellent in fact, when scrambling to his right, good, but much less effective to his left. His big plays tend to come when he is forced to his right outside the pocket. As I have said before, force him to his left like a Jr. High point guard...
Our DE's aren't great at pass rushing but they're pretty good at containment. That's what I'd do too.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 92
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up