ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 62
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 11:32 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Lots of chatter about Derrick Henry as MVP. The next few games will determine who gets it. This is the time of year Henry puts up 200 yards a game.
A RB isn’t going to steal votes away from a golden boy QB with 40+ TDs and <5 interceptions. The media has been throwing names out all season to provide alternative options and talking points, but it really is irrelevant at the end of the day.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:35 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
A RB isn’t going to steal votes away from a golden boy QB with 40+ TDs and <5 interceptions. The media has been throwing names out all season to provide alternative options and talking points, but it really is irrelevant at the end of the day.
Yes but how many of you chef fans have told me Henry is all the titans have, tannehill sucks and all that?
The chefs have alot of weapons that any serviceable quarterback would put up good numbers with.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:38 AM 12-01-2020
Yes but how many of you chef fans have told me Henry is all the titans have, tannehill sucks and all that?
The chefs have alot of weapons that any serviceable quarterback would put up good numbers with.
Good numbers, yes. Elite, MVP type numbers, no. (See Alex Smith for reference)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:45 AM 12-01-2020
Oh look who is back after going into hiding for a few weeks following the Colts curb stomping your fraud team in their first match-up.

You think it is now safe to crawl out of Jeff Fisher’s 7-9 asshole and start talking your lame smack again?

You would be wrong.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:47 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He won’t make it to 50 TD passes. That 2nd Raiders game is a good example. He led them to 5 TD drives, but only got 2 TD passes. They were able to run it for 3 TD’s. I just want to see him get to 40 TD with no more turnovers the rest of the season.
I concur, it's unlikely that Patrick throws 4 TDs/game for the rest of the season. You look at the schedule, and it's just not necessary for the chiefs to have Mahomes throw that much. Once we get a two TD lead on DEN, MIA, ATL, Andy will take his foot off the gas, start running more, or run that short-passing attack to burn clock, and that will be that.

If Sean Payton were Patrick's coach, then yeah, because that guy knows all the records and stats, and he'd happily run up the score to pad Patrick's stats. But that's not Andy's style at all.

So realistically the only way for Mahomes to reach 50 TDs is for the rest of our slate of opponents to play out of their minds, get two score leads on us, and turn every game into a shoot-out. And that's just not going to happen with DEN, MIA, or LAC. Probably not with the Saints either, if Taysom is behind center.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:58 AM 12-01-2020
Lots of chatter about Derrick Henry as MVP. The next few games will determine who gets it. This is the time of year Henry puts up 200 yards a game, and he's already near 1300 yards. A 2000 yard season may be enough to beat out mahomie
Lmao, Derrick Henry could have 2000 YDs and 20 TDs and that still wouldn't be enough to beat out Mahomes for MVP. Also the Titans are going to absolutely ruin his career this year. The guy has taken one hell of a beating and is going to be damn near 400 total touches. You all will be regretting that contract next year and will have nothing to show for it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:59 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’ve heard several talking heads start pumping up Derrick Henry for consideration.

They keep adding dudes when it’s really down to a 2 man race.
It royally pissed me off that these talking heads all shut their mouths about alternative possibilities when Lamar Jackson won it last year.

Mahomes missed some time with injury and had a regression in yards and TDs. I get it. But when Mahomes was setting the ****ing world ablaze in a far more impressive fashion in 2018, we had at least one chuckle**** in every MVP roundtable who went "AAWON DONOHD!!! WHAT ABOUT DA DEFENSIVE PWAYUHS????!!!!" And of course, the "It's Brees' turn!" dumbasses.

When Lamar was the MVP frontrunner last year, none of these dipshits came out of the woodwork. Nobody wanted the alternative opinion to generate buzz or get people pissed off. Everybody was universally on board with Lamar.

Like... what the hell? Is it just written when you take these sports opinion douche jobs that you have to be nice to Lamar or something? Are we trying to protect his feelings? If you make a joke on national TV or radio about him being a RB, do you get suspended?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 12-01-2020
Lots of chatter about Derrick Henry as MVP. The next few games will determine who gets it. This is the time of year Henry puts up 200 yards a game, and he's already near 1300 yards. A 2000 yard season may be enough to beat out mahomie
:-)

Do you think Derrick Henry's MVP will tide you over when you lose your first playoff game?
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:07 PM 12-01-2020
Not if Mahomes is 15-1, 4900+ Passing Yards and 45+TD's

Henry would be a distant 2nd even with 2000 yards
[Reply]
DRM08 12:10 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It royally pissed me off that these talking heads all shut their mouths about alternative possibilities when Lamar Jackson won it last year.

Mahomes missed some time with injury and had a regression in yards and TDs. I get it. But when Mahomes was setting the ****ing world ablaze in a far more impressive fashion in 2018, we had at least one chuckle**** in every MVP roundtable who went "AAWON DONOHD!!! WHAT ABOUT DA DEFENSIVE PWAYUHS????!!!!" And of course, the "It's Brees' turn!" dumbasses.

When Lamar was the MVP frontrunner last year, none of these dipshits came out of the woodwork. Nobody wanted the alternative opinion to generate buzz or get people pissed off. Everybody was universally on board with Lamar.

Like... what the hell? Is it just written when you take these sports opinion douche jobs that you have to be nice to Lamar or something? Are we trying to protect his feelings? If you make a joke on national TV or radio about him being a RB, do you get suspended?
Crazy thing is Mahomes’ injury-riddled regression still had a 78/100 QBR. That is the same level QBR that delivered a bunch of MVP votes to Drew Brees in 2018. Tom Brady in 2017 won MVP with a 70 QBR.

Lamar went from 83 QBR last year to 62 QBR so far this season. Now THAT is a serious regression.

2018 - Mahomes 80 QBR (healthy)
2019 - Mahomes 78 QBR (injured)
2020 - Mahomes 86 QBR (healthy)

Pretty impressive how well he performed in 2019 given the ankle and knee issues. Many people don’t realize how messed up his ankle was in the first damn game of the season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:20 PM 12-01-2020
Mahomes wins MVP, still can't get his peers to vote him #1.

Lamar runs around a bunch and wins MVP while throwing for fewer than 4000 yards, dumbasses crown his ass with #1.

Just saying... there's some bullshit out there in the land of players. I won't be surprised if NFL players still refuse to give him the #1 spot after this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Crazy thing is Mahomes’ injury-riddled regression still had a 78/100 QBR. That is the same level QBR that delivered a bunch of MVP votes to Drew Brees in 2018. Tom Brady in 2017 won MVP with a 70 QBR.

Lamar went from 83 QBR last year to 62 QBR so far this season. Now THAT is a serious regression.

2018 - Mahomes 80 QBR (healthy)
2019 - Mahomes 78 QBR (injured)
2020 - Mahomes 86 QBR (healthy)

Pretty impressive how well he performed in 2019 given the ankle and knee issues. Many people don’t realize how messed up his ankle was in the first damn game of the season.
Yep. He's certainly on pace to be one of the best ever.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:25 PM 12-01-2020
Henry has no chance at MVP. They're not letting RB's win it back to back.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:26 PM 12-01-2020

Just my opinion, but just remembering my days at TSN and how op-ed pieces were written, we have to remember that controversy sells. They have to keep the conversation going or they don't sell papers, as it were.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:27 PM 12-01-2020
Mahomes wins MVP, still can't get his peers to vote him #1.

Lamar runs around a bunch and wins MVP while throwing for fewer than 4000 yards, dumbasses crown his ass with #1.

Just saying... there's some bullshit out there in the land of players. I won't be surprised if NFL players still refuse to give him the #1 spot after this season.
The voting happens pretty soon. Given his epic performance in the playoffs last year and MVP level stuff this year, I think they will put him #1 this time. But I kinda hope they put him #4 again. He clearly enjoys the challenge of proving people wrong over and over again.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 62
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up