ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 23
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Taco Charlton
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 PM 05-01-2020

The Chiefs have agreed to a 1-year deal with DL Taco Charlton, a source tells Yahoo Sports.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 2, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I guess it's not fair to hate on Speaks personally, but I despise the pick because it was a dumb pick from day 1. The comparison I will constantly give for Speaks is Turk McBride, another DE/DT tweener from the SEC picked in the 2nd round. McBride had 9.5 total sacks over a 7 year career. You don't take players like Speaks in the 2nd round who offer very little upside, you take them in the 3rd or 4th. I didn't like the pick of Kpass the year before either, as he was incredibly raw and took 3 years to finally contribute, but at least he had the physical attributes to see some hint of a future if he developed. Speaks doesn't have the size or strength to ever be more than a rotational pass rusher at DT, and he doesn't have the speed or athleticism to get after the QB from DE. Again, no problem with that type of player if he's taken in the 4th. But a 2nd round pick should be able to contribute sooner than later. Willie Gay or Juan Thornhill are the types you take in the 2nd. 2018 wasn't a stellar draft class overall, but there are multiple quality players at several positions that were taken not too long after Speaks.
Such a lazy fucking comparison.

Speaks had 7 sacks in the SEC his last year as an interior pass rusher. His pass rush upside alone makes him a better prospect than Turk McBride who had 3.5 sacks total in his entire college career. The only reason you’re making that comparison is because they play the same position, they’re from the SEC, and they were drafted by the Chiefs in the 2nd round.

Speaks was a significantly better prospect. Give me a fucking break.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:19 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Such a lazy fucking comparison.

Speaks had 7 sacks in the SEC his last year as an interior pass rusher. His pass rush upside alone makes him a better prospect than Turk McBride who had 3.5 sacks total in his entire college career. The only reason you’re making that comparison is because they play the same position, they’re from the SEC, and they were drafted by the Chiefs in the 2nd round.

Speaks was a significantly better prospect. Give me a fucking break.
I can't believe you gave me a thumbs down for preaching patience and using the Kpass example sir! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:24 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I can't believe you gave me a thumbs down for preaching patience and using the Kpass example sir! :-)
My bad that was an accident. I definitely agree with you 100%.

I do it all of the time due to where I put my finger to scroll :-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 04:26 PM 05-12-2020
825,000 1 year deal. No guaranteed money. Definitely not considered a lock to make the roster solely based on this contract.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:38 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
825,000 1 year deal. No guaranteed money. Definitely not considered a lock to make the roster solely based on this contract.
Taco can play. He has potential starter ability.

It is his attitude and work ethic that has been called into question in his short tenure in the league. Sounds like this contract is loud and clear in that this could be one of his last chances to smarten up.
[Reply]
R Clark 04:52 PM 05-12-2020
This could turn out to be a damn good signing ,if it does doubt we will be able to keep him long term
[Reply]
R Clark 04:54 PM 05-12-2020
I know it’s highlights but he looks good in them
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 07:49 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I know it’s highlights but he looks good in them
I look good in my highlights, too.

:-)

Meh, who am I kidding? I’ve never had a highlight.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:10 PM 07-19-2020

Story far from finished. 👹 #Unloaded pic.twitter.com/9vgdY0GAKI

— Taco Charlton (@TheSupremeTaco) July 19, 2020

Speaks better get his ass in gear
[Reply]
poolboy 05:12 PM 07-19-2020
@wildcard

Our dline looks so lit right now
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:45 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Taco can play. He has potential starter ability.

It is his attitude and work ethic that has been called into question in his short tenure in the league. Sounds like this contract is loud and clear in that this could be one of his last chances to smarten up.
Yes, he may smarten up for a year playing for a future better contract BUT if you are Veach and Taco has a good year NOT great what do you offer him then and vice versa if he has a GREAT year knowing his work ethic has a sputtering history?
[Reply]
BossChief 06:20 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Yes, he may smarten up for a year playing for a future better contract BUT if you are Veach and Taco has a good year NOT great what do you offer him then and vice versa if he has a GREAT year knowing his work ethic has a sputtering history?
Comp pick
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:39 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Comp pick
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:01 PM 07-19-2020
We are going to see what happens when you pair Mahomes up with a top 10 defense this year.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:28 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We are going to see what happens when you pair Mahomes up with a top 10 defense this year.
Exactly. And I think playing from behind will be a lot less this year as well.:-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 23
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up