ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:46 PM 04-23-2019
getting ready to plant garden of hot pepper plants.

45' x 25' community garden
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:47 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The biggest problem is I bought a piece of shit that had supposedly been restored but sat a long time. Something new all the time. The good news is my dad knows a lot about old shitty tractors and it makes him feel good when I call him to come help me figure out what to do. Maybe it's the best tractor ever.
Ah yes. Old and shitty. I know the type. Grandpa had a damned old IH 806 that I swear to god had more blowby than compression and he’d spend a day making the fucker run.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:08 AM 04-24-2019
Planted five tomatoes of different varieties, 15 peppers of different varieties, basil, thyme, shitload of strawberries from last year that need to be thinned, ann two 10 foot rows each of carrots and bunching onions.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:39 AM 04-24-2019
For 20 years I had a place with a huge yard full of trees, bushes, rock beds and other various landscaping. I could spend an entire goddamn weekend doing spring clean up and still not finish it. It took me at least 2 hours to do a full mow and trim. I was never caught up, there was always something that needed attention.

Moved into a new place this month and now I have 1 tree, 3 little bushes, and a lawn I can mow in 30 min and I fucking love it.

Yard work sucks.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:44 AM 04-24-2019
Oh, and the best part of it, this is what's behind our place. It's like having a huge yard, but I don't have to take care of it.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:19 PM 04-24-2019
I lived across the street from a middle school, It was fantastic!

Living by an elementary on nice days during recess... not so much but still better than a high school with a shitty marching band that practiced a lot:-):-):-)

My yard not only was low maintenance but they paid me to mow it

I have established landscaping in my present house and the previous owner did a great job of landscaping. In the fall I hire someone to cut everything back, remove the leaves, and mulch. About all I do is fertilize 5 times a year and watch someone else mow the grass.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:57 PM 04-24-2019
Old place had an elementary school across the street, with the playground directly in front of me. It was noisy when the kids were out. The playground is far enough away here that I haven't really noticed it too much.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:02 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Old place had an elementary school across the street, with the playground directly in front of me. It was noisy when the kids were out. The playground is far enough away here that I haven't really noticed it too much.
Middle schools, old enough to take the bus, too old for recess...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:59 PM 04-24-2019
Cooper-if they saw your posts here-they would not let you live next to a school
:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
my plan with the house next spring is to get some edging in and maybe some landscaping bricks, use some small rocks where mulch would normally be ; and then get like 2 or 3 of those big - dunno what they're called - planters boxes where you can set a potted plant down in it. They look like 1/2 of a barrel.

bought a house that just had the bare minimum curb appeal type plants plugged in to get the sale done. I don't want to be a slave to the yard; just keep the turf up and going well, but landscaping...I just want simple. if one of the potted plants dies, fine,...replace it. rather than ripping up a bush or a shrub etc. all the dark mulch that was set down last fall before the sale, is already all ate up and faded.

is that a decent plan?
[Reply]
KS Smitty 05:08 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
my plan with the house next spring is to get some edging in and maybe some landscaping bricks, use some small rocks where mulch would normally be ; and then get like 2 or 3 of those big - dunno what they're called - planters boxes where you can set a potted plant down in it. They look like 1/2 of a barrel.

bought a house that just had the bare minimum curb appeal type plants plugged in to get the sale done. I don't want to be a slave to the yard; just keep the turf up and going well, but landscaping...I just want simple. if one of the potted plants dies, fine,...replace it. rather than ripping up a bush or a shrub etc. all the dark mulch that was set down last fall before the sale, is already all ate up and faded.

is that a decent plan?
As long as you expect to replace the plants in the planter every year. Many plants wont survive the winter with their roots above ground, some will but depending on how harsh the winter is you may lose some. If you want them to survive make sure they are hardy to zone 3 instead of zone 5.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:28 PM 04-27-2019
Put down 120 bags of mulch (8.889 cu yds!!!), blocked a rabbit hole under the porch, and sunk some stepping stones into the ground in that "grass always gets stomped down" area.

I'm beat!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:59 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Put down 120 bags of mulch (8.889 cu yds!!!), blocked a rabbit hole under the porch, and sunk some stepping stones into the ground in that "grass always gets stomped down" area.

I'm beat!
120 bags? Is your mower for sale?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:03 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
120 bags? Is your mower for sale?
No, I just skipped doing Mulch last year, so I had to go 4-6 inches.

It's all good, I needed the workout, I've skipped the gym much too often lately...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:23 PM 04-27-2019
buy high, sell low, volume is the answer... Why by the bag?
Lowe's Mem. day sale is cheap but not truckload cheap...

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

I'm beat!

[Reply]
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up