ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 319
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:30 AM 02-15-2021
So, according to Teicher, Hardman ran AT LEAST two incorrect routes in the SB? Methinks we now know why he and Patrick are often not on the same page. The guy has speed, occasionally makes really big plays, but is simply not dependable.

On the other hand, we have Sammy, who has killer skills, but simply will not play through an injury. Ergo, not dependable.

Personally, I'm done with Sammy. I wouldn't sign him for free. I'm also very close to being done with Mecole. Receivers who run whatever routes they want, give up on balls, and are basically just dumb are not good material for professional football.

If we're gonna dump Sammie, then I suspect we've gotta keep Hardman for another year. But I'd look long and hard at FA WRs and would not have any problems drafting one...in any round.

How many times was Patrick running around because Mecole wasn't where he was supposed to be? Heck, one could argue that we need a WR worse than we need an OL guy. Take away Tyreek and what do you have in the way of a truly good, NFL, WR? Zilch. Nada. Zippo. 00. Goose eggs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 02-15-2021
Year 3 is the make or break year for WRs in Andy’s offense. If Hardman doesn’t excel next season than he’s probably not going to be coming back.

If I were the Chiefs, I’d bring back Robinson on another 1 year deal and draft at least one.

Hill, Robinson, Rookie, Hardman and Pringle. Then you’ve got guys like Kemp or Fortson that you can bring up from the practice squad if you need too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You should probably prepare yourself for some urine running down your back and leg.
Yep.

People are expecting to devote most, if not all, of their resources to the offensive line.

That's not going to happen. They'll work on the line but they're not going to neglect other positions just to load up on one unit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m not happy with him at all either but if we’re talking strictly Watkins v. Robinson at the same price... at least I can trust Watkins to be capable of beating the man across from him IF he is ready to play in big games. I can trust him not to make boneheaded mistake after boneheaded mistake.

Among two meh options, I’ll take Watkins for his upside every time.
There's no upside AT ALL to a guy that can't suit up every week.

I don't care what he brings on the field - he's never fucking ON it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

People are expecting to devote most, if not all, of their resources to the offensive line.

That's not going to happen. They'll work on the line but they're not going to neglect other positions just to load up on one unit.
I’m really interested to see how they view certain players.

Is Allegretti a center? Is Niang a guard or tackle? Have they been holding onto Rankin to play him at guard?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:40 AM 02-15-2021
I'm ready to move on from Sammy. He's just never available.

I don't think I'd look at WR higher than round 3 though, given the depth of this draft.

Hill, Kelce, CEH are a nice trio of weapons if you can block. We should invest some draft capital in better athletes for the line. This could be done at OT as late as round 2. C, OG as late as round 4.

A DE could make your front 4 elite, and your secondary already is. Impact pass rushers will be gone before we pick in the 2nd.

I think this is the way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
So, according to Teicher, Hardman ran AT LEAST two incorrect routes in the SB? Methinks we now know why he and Patrick are often not on the same page. The guy has speed, occasionally makes really big plays, but is simply not dependable.

On the other hand, we have Sammy, who has killer skills, but simply will not play through an injury. Ergo, not dependable.

Personally, I'm done with Sammy. I wouldn't sign him for free. I'm also very close to being done with Mecole. Receivers who run whatever routes they want, give up on balls, and are basically just dumb are not good material for professional football.

If we're gonna dump Sammie, then I suspect we've gotta keep Hardman for another year. But I'd look long and hard at FA WRs and would not have any problems drafting one...in any round.

How many times was Patrick running around because Mecole wasn't where he was supposed to be? Heck, one could argue that we need a WR worse than we need an OL guy. Take away Tyreek and what do you have in the way of a truly good, NFL, WR? Zilch. Nada. Zippo. 00. Goose eggs.
They're going to keep Hardman regardless, he's on a rookie contract.

They have him for 2 more years and then they can cut him if he doesn't step up.

And I agree on Watkins - I don't want him back regardless of the price. I don't want to give him one more cent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:43 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I don't think I'd look at WR higher than round 3 though, given the depth of this draft.

Hill, Kelce, CEH are a nice trio of weapons if you can block. We should invest some draft capital in better athletes for the line. This could be done at OT as late as round 2. C, OG as late as round 4.

A DE could make your front 4 elite, and your secondary already is. Impact pass rushers will be gone before we pick in the 2nd.

I think this is the way.
And I’ll keep saying this. It doesn’t matter if you can block....if the defense can double Hill and hit Kelce off the snap. You HAVE to have weapons that can get open one on one. Does that mean that we need to go full on WR in the first? No. But just because we have Hill and Kelce....doesn’t mean that we still don’t need more weapons.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I think this is the way.
Obviously it depends on how the board falls but to me the needs are DE, WR, and OT, in that order. I know many people won't agree but one OT isn't going to overhaul this line and if Mahomes has nowhere to throw, he's going to get killed no matter who is blocking for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I’ll keep saying this. It doesn’t matter if you can block....if the defense can double Hill and hit Kelce off the snap. You HAVE to have weapons that can get open one on one. Does that mean that we need to go full on WR in the first? No. But just because we have Hill and Kelce....doesn’t mean that we still don’t need more weapons.
Yep.

Even a great offensive line can give up coverage sacks, especially the way Mahomes runs around. They can't hold up their blocks forever.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 02-15-2021
And just because I think we need more weapons....doesn’t mean I think that we don’t need offensive line. I fully expect them to get two of them out of this draft. And possibly one in FA....if they can pull it off.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 02-15-2021
And just because I think we need more weapons....doesn’t mean I think that we don’t need offensive line. I fully expect them to get two of them out of this draft. And possibly one in FA....if they can pull it off.
They absolutely have to address the line, I don't think anybody thinks otherwise.

The question is how many resources they devote to the line and how much could those resources buy us by spreading them around?
[Reply]
dls6501 10:47 AM 02-15-2021
I cant believe we have the desire to bring back Watkins, and I cant believe there are Chief fans advocating this.

Watkins yearly production can be matched by a 7th round pick or UDFA. I'm so tired of this guy. I wouldn't bring him back for $2M.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:48 AM 02-15-2021
Sure.

We'd lost one game in a year and a half until we couldn't block anybody.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 02-15-2021
My assumption is that you’ve got three starters right now in Allegretti, LDT and Niang. People may not like that but I assume that’s how they go.

LDT is starting at RG.
Is Allegretti at LG or did they draft him to be the future at Center?
Is Niang going to be RT or did they envision him more as a OG?
[Reply]
Page 68 of 319
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up