ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 319
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 AM 02-11-2021
One FA I’d really look into if the price is right is KJ Wright. He’s a lot more rangy than Damien Wilson and he’s very balanced.

Whatever it takes to make sure that shit stain Neimann doesn’t see the field
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:08 AM 02-11-2021
I trust Burt
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:16 AM 02-11-2021
One thing I’m loving about mock drafts I’ve looked at is there seems to be some real depth at the majority of our major need areas.

Veach always talks about letting the depth of a position in a draft class or FA class guide decision making.

Draft is deep at OL, FA is deep with receivers.

Well let’s pretend they bring Osemele back as he clearly loves being a Chief. Based on the draft depth alone at OL, they could get two long-term starting caliber players along the OL in the first 100 picks. Especially if they trade back from 31 and add another day 2 pick.

You could leave the draft with short and long term answers along the OL AND still use quality resources at other needs. I’m thinking WR in free agency probably. If you could make the Jason Kelce thing happen, options really open up.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 02-11-2021
I'd restructure and resign guys like Mathieu, Jones, Mahomes etc. Guys you know are still in their prime during the deal etc.

I'd flip a 4th rounder to the Eagles for Kelce and do something financially to get that money under control and better for KC.

I'd take a swing and sign Osemele to play LG. Thats a shot, but if it works out, thats what you need in the middle. Put LDT at RG.

I'd look at the tackles in the draft and see waht I like. See what's going on with Schwartz and go from there.

Ideally, if we get a little lucky, you could spend a 4th round pick and go into next year with a OL of

Niang-Osemele-Kelce-LDT-Schwartz

It may not work out. But for just a 4th, thats got some real potential.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd restructure and resign guys like Mathieu, Jones, Mahomes etc. Guys you know are still in their prime during the deal etc.

I'd flip a 4th rounder to the Eagles for Kelce and do something financially to get that money under control and better for KC.

I'd take a swing and sign Osemele to play LG. Thats a shot, but if it works out, thats what you need in the middle. Put LDT at RG.

I'd look at the tackles in the draft and see waht I like. See what's going on with Schwartz and go from there.

Ideally, if we get a little lucky, you could spend a 4th round pick and go into next year with a OL of

Niang-Osemele-Kelce-LDT-Schwartz

It may not work out. But for just a 4th, thats got some real potential.
Exact copy of the offseason that I posted in the draft thread.
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Exact copy of the offseason that I posted in the draft thread.
You copied me.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 02-11-2021
If I could sign one decently big free agent, it woudl be Hassan Reddick
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You copied me.
Bitch, I posted mine yesterday.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:04 AM 02-11-2021
Would love Hassan Reddick but I don’t see how that guy doesn’t get paid big. Some team will want an athletic former first rd pick like him
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Would love Hassan Reddick but I don’t see how that guy doesn’t get paid big. Some team will want an athletic former first rd pick like him
He'd be nice across from Clark.

Some Gm's with balls are gonna win this offseason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 02-11-2021
Hell no to Osemele and LDT as your 2 starting Gs. Both are injury prone and put us at a higher risk of ending right back where we were.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hell no to Osemele and LDT as your 2 starting Gs. Both are injury prone and put us at a higher risk of ending right back where we were.
It's not ideal. I'd probably draft another one or something in the mid rounds.

But it's more likely the route you will have to go from a financial spot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:45 AM 02-11-2021
Seriously. LDT has been available for 30 games the past 3 seasons he's suited up for us. That does not include his opt out season. For comparison, Sammy Watkins has been available for 34 games his 3 years here.

He's less reliable than HAMMY TWATKINS.
[Reply]
Pants 10:46 AM 02-11-2021
Hey, guys, I know! Let's just go to the Offensive Line forest and pick us 5 new awesome linemen off those trees! Duh! So easy.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Dude, you have unrealistic expectations and you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

The Chiefs will sign guys like Remmers and Osemele while drafting a couple guys too.

They aren’t going to sign any top free agents.

And they’ll be fine because the OL wasn’t even much of an issue until they had Remmers and Wylie as their bookends.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 319
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up