ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 319
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:47 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He was around a 10 sack/year player as a starter in Houston (24.5 sacks in 35 games his last 3 seasons, when he was a full-time starter). As recently as 2018, he racked up 9.5 sacks.

On a short, cheap "prove-it" deal it could pay off nicely.
Problem is Clowney most likely won't take that type of deal until he has to. He didn't sign with the Titans until September 6th, supposedly to avoid off season activity. Chiefs would ideally have found another solution long before that.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
9 sacks is not a "huge problem". And we desperately need to improve our pass rush much much more than our run defense. And getting a guy who has 32 sacks in 7 seasons doesn't do that.
Sorry but this is complete BS. The season we lead the league in sacks in 2018.

Jones 15.5 sacks
Ford 13 sacks
Houston 9 sacks

So nine isn't enough? And if you think the run defense isn't as big an issue as sacks then you must have been living under a rock during the season I just mentioned above smh. Sacks mean nothing if you keep getting gashed on the ground and get left vulnerable to play action.
[Reply]
In58men 10:54 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Edge Haason Reddick - PFF 1 year $8.5 million ($8.5 million guaranteed)
Edge Haason Reddick - Spotrac 4 years $46.679 million ($11.6 million Average)
I’ll take the 1-year rental on Reddick.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:55 AM 02-25-2021
He has never had 10 sacks in his career. At his very best he averages 9 sacks for a 2 year period. Other than that his next best year is 6 sacks. The last 2 years he has 3 sacks in 19 starts (21 games played overall) and a bunch of games missed due to injury.

If he wants to come in and be a backup/rotational guy, fine but there is NO way he should come in and start. We need to draft or sign someone a lot better than him to start at our other DE spot.
Again this is bs. In Seattle who was he playing with? Garbage and that allowed teams to double him. Same thing happened with the Titans..if you think we're getting someone who is on a higher level than Clowney for a massive deal then you're fooling yourself imo.
[Reply]
-King- 10:56 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Sorry but this is complete BS. The season we lead the league in sacks in 2018.

Jones 15.5 sacks
Ford 13 sacks
Houston 9 sacks

So nine isn't enough? And if you think the run defense isn't as big an issue as sacks then you must have been living under a rock during the season I just mentioned above smh. Sacks mean nothing if you keep getting gashed on the ground and get left vulnerable to play action.
I wouldn't say Houston was a HUGE PROBLEM that year either. He was a good pass rusher. The difference though is that 8-9 sacks seems like Houston's floor whereas with Clowney that's his ceiling.

And I never said we shouldn't improve run defense but pass rush is a way bigger problem. We already have 1 guy who apparently takes the regular season off so he can turn it up in the post season (which was actually 1 game and 1 drive this past post season). We don't need another guy who averages 4.5 sacks a season with a high of 9.5
[Reply]
-King- 10:57 AM 02-25-2021
Again this is bs. In Seattle who was he playing with? Garbage and that allowed teams to double him. Same thing happened with the Titans..if you think we're getting someone who is on a higher level than Clowney for a massive deal then you're fooling yourself imo.
He needs to be playing with other good players to have more than 3 sacks in 2 season? :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:13 AM 02-25-2021
He needs to be playing with other good players to have more than 3 sacks in 2 season? :-)
Er BS again. In Seattle he only played 13 regular season games because the trade was done late. If you include the playoff games he had 4.5 sacks in 15 games alongside jags. Then last year he barely played due to injury. And if you're so low on Clowney can you suggest a better player we could get on a modest deal please seeing as you're apparently a pass rusher expert?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:16 AM 02-25-2021
I wouldn't say Houston was a HUGE PROBLEM that year either. He was a good pass rusher. The difference though is that 8-9 sacks seems like Houston's floor whereas with Clowney that's his ceiling.

And I never said we shouldn't improve run defense but pass rush is a way bigger problem. We already have 1 guy who apparently takes the regular season off so he can turn it up in the post season (which was actually 1 game and 1 drive this past post season). We don't need another guy who averages 4.5 sacks a season with a high of 9.5
It's not a way bigger problem though. If you can defend the run it makes teams one dimensional. We had the best pass rush in the league in 2018 but couldn't stop the Pats from running the ball up and down the field and killing clock. We can't keep ignoring this issue ffs.
[Reply]
-King- 11:16 AM 02-25-2021
Er BS again. In Seattle he only played 13 regular season games because the trade was done late. If you include the playoff games he had 4.5 sacks in 15 games alongside jags. Then last year he barely played due to injury. And if you're so low on Clowney can you suggest a better player we could get on a modest deal please seeing as you're apparently a pass rusher expert?
Oh wow, you talking about him barely playing and how he was injured totally changes it. Now I really want him as a starter!

And "4.5 sacks in 15 games"?!? Sign me up!!! Can't get that level of production anywhere else!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 02-25-2021
So Mel Kiper’s mock that just dropped has us taking OT Walker Little from Stanford. He suffered a season ending injury in the opener of the 2019 season and then opted out in 2020, so he won’t play in a game in at least 2 years

The guy looks like a very good prospect but hoo boy would CP be a mess :-)
[Reply]
Hoover 11:27 AM 02-25-2021

[Reply]
In58men 11:50 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So Mel Kiper’s mock that just dropped has us taking OT Walker Little from Stanford. He suffered a season ending injury in the opener of the 2019 season and then opted out in 2020, so he won’t play in a game in at least 2 years

The guy looks like a very good prospect but hoo boy would CP be a mess :-)
No fucking thx
[Reply]
Hoover 11:59 AM 02-25-2021
There is just no way the Chiefs use their first round pick on a OT this year. This is just recency bias from the Super Bowl or just pure laziness.

For the Chiefs to draft an OT, I think it would have to mean they are walking away from both Schwartz and Fisher. Not only can I not see that, but I think its more than likely that both guys are on next year's roster. I think this is especially true with Schwartz, who has a cap hit of only 10M. They probably extend Fisher, then let Schwartz play out his final year.

The need on the offensive line is at center. Would be a great year to have pick in the top half of the second round.

I think the Chiefs go playmaker in round one: Edge, LB, WR, or DB.

Drafting a guy like Little, when you basically already have him in Niang makes no sense whatsoever.
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 02-25-2021
WR or Edge I'd guess. Maybe if there's a safety there that can do what SOrenson does but better?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:10 PM 02-25-2021
Can we trade Uchiefybugger to another board? This guys going to bat for Clowney right now? Hes been definition of average since leaving houston.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 319
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up