ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2644 of 3903
« First < 1644214425442594263426402641264226432644 264526462647264826542694274431443644 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:24 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

Whataboutism? Lame, as expected.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and it's because the US continues to break the number of COVID infections each day with 77,255 yesterday alone.

That number does not indicate that it's "running its course".

In Texas and Arizona, morgues are filling up and officials are bringing in refrigerated trailers to store bodies so it's definitely spreading while continuing to hospitalize and kill people across the nation.
Goddamn Dane that was great job of -

A. Completely missing the point
B. Not disputing a damn thing I said.
[Reply]
TLO 01:25 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The fact that there are some that are in close quarters with others but don't get it to me, says something about there being some immunity.
Meat packing plants, LTC facilities, etc.

I agree there has to be some level of immunity at play.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:25 PM 07-17-2020
The US is different because we have way more people.

Why does the US have so many more cases!! :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:27 PM 07-17-2020
Have a good weekend fellas, I am done with topic for the weekend.
[Reply]
TJW 01:27 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Is anywhere they had an initial outbreak still climbing or even near their peak levels?

The places seeing spikes are the places that haven't been through it yet. .
Louisiana seems like the lone exception
[Reply]
Donger 01:28 PM 07-17-2020
Seems this was the whole point of flattening the curve, the numbers under the flattened curve don't shrink, its just spread out.
No, that's not accurate.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:30 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
https://www.cerner.com/covid-19/predictive-models

Some interesting models done by Cerner. Says bed peaks are past for both Johnson County, KS and for Jackson County, MO.
In Kanas there is a total of 1,020 ICU beds. 451 of them are used for all cases. 58 are used for Covid. 56% of ICU beds are available.

879 Ventilators total
109 ventilators used on on all patients
14 ventilators used on Covid

That's out of 151 hospitals reporting
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:31 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, that's not accurate.
Unsurprising, as nothing he says is "accurate".
[Reply]
petegz28 01:31 PM 07-17-2020
Funny how everyone used Italy and other counties as examples of what the US is going to turn into and now its "the US isn't Italy".

Is NY still climbing? Is Washington state still climbing where the first outbreak occurred? Is anywhere they had an initial outbreak still climbing or even near their peak levels?

The places seeing spikes are the places that haven't been through it yet.

SW Missouri was a hot bed 2 weeks ago and made national news, its steady declining. We have gone from 28 active cases at work to 1 in the last 2 weeks.

I don't understand why people don't believe this thing is simply running its course to some extent. Yea we can mitigate to a degree and for the most part we are with masks and social distancing.

Seems this was the whole point of flattening the curve, the numbers under the flattened curve don't shrink, its just spread out.
Now you know there are some that are going to argue that is not true. Not saying Dane is one of them but there are people convinced that flattening the curve meant something else no matter how many quotes from experts you give them.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:34 PM 07-17-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:34 PM 07-17-2020
Goddamn Dane that was great job of -

A. Completely missing the point
B. Not disputing a damn thing I said.

You're truly a stubborn, close-minded, myopic moron.

The US is setting new records for infections each and every day, so go ahead and prove to us that it's "running its course".
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:35 PM 07-17-2020
Funny how everyone used Italy and other counties as examples of what the US is going to turn into and now its "the US isn't Italy".

Is NY still climbing? Is Washington state still climbing where the first outbreak occurred? Is anywhere they had an initial outbreak still climbing or even near their peak levels?

The places seeing spikes are the places that haven't been through it yet.

SW Missouri was a hot bed 2 weeks ago and made national news, its steady declining. We have gone from 28 active cases at work to 1 in the last 2 weeks.

I don't understand why people don't believe this thing is simply running its course to some extent. Yea we can mitigate to a degree and for the most part we are with masks and social distancing.

I don't believe it is running it's course because the states that are hot now all had hundreds of cases at the same time as NY and NJ. Those 2 states exploded while now 4 months later now Florida, AZ, TX and CA are extremely hot.

I do think the virus is "seasonal" in that when weather\temps force people inside this virus explodes. So when winter comes, watch out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
In Kanas there is a total of 1,020 ICU beds. 451 of them are used for all cases. 58 are used for Covid. 56% of ICU beds are available.

879 Ventilators total
109 ventilators used on on all patients
14 ventilators used on Covid

That's out of 151 hospitals reporting
Your state isn't densely packed so it's good to see that the numbers aren't exploding as they are in more densely populated areas.
[Reply]
Donger 01:36 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Now you know there are some that are going to argue that is not true. Not saying Dane is one of them but there are people convinced that flattening the curve meant something else no matter how many quotes from experts you give them.
There isn't any argument. And here's a quote from an expert:

“If you look at the curves of outbreaks, they go big peaks, and then come down. What we need to do is flatten that down,” Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told reporters Tuesday. “That would have less people infected. That would ultimately have less deaths. You do that by trying to interfere with the natural flow of the outbreak.”
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 02:19 PM 07-17-2020
The US is different because we have way more people.

Why does the US have so many more cases!! :-)
And we have the second highest rates per capita. Second only to Sweden.
[Reply]
Page 2644 of 3903
« First < 1644214425442594263426402641264226432644 264526462647264826542694274431443644 > Last »
Up