ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2554 of 3903
« First < 1554205424542504254425502551255225532554 255525562557255825642604265430543554 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 06:10 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Don't fret.....we are over 70k cases but deaths are up marginally. We are in a much better place to handle this than we were 3 months ago. The hot spots in CA, TX and FLA have to watch the hospital issue but everywhere else we are seeing cases up but not the hospitalizations. Hopefully that's how we roll.
Hospitalizations will follow cases, deaths follow that. Same as it’s been
[Reply]
petegz28 06:13 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hospitalizations will follow cases, deaths follow that. Same as it’s been
No, not same as it has been. That's BS. Cases have been rising for well over a month. The KC area is no more closer to a run on the hospitals now than they were a month ago.

Sorry not trying to be bruss with you, bro, but to say it's the same as it has been is not accurate. That would be to say we haven't learned anything or identified any treatments in 3 months. Your very posts over the last several days says otherwise. Be positive.....
[Reply]
O.city 06:15 PM 07-10-2020
No, not same as it has been. That's BS. Cases have been rising for well over a month. The KC area is no more closer to a run on the hospitals now than they were a month ago.

Sorry not trying to be bruss with you, bro, but to say it's the same as it has been is not accurate. That would be to say we haven't learned anything or identified any treatments in 3 months. Your very posts over the last several days says otherwise. Be positive.....
Cases are rising as are hospitalizations

It’s not exact in timing

Sure we’re better at treating it so as long as hospitals don’t get over run deaths won’t likely spike

But they’re gonna go up if cases keep going up
[Reply]
petegz28 06:17 PM 07-10-2020
Cases are rising as are hospitalizations

It’s not exact in timing

Sure we’re better at treating it so as long as hospitals don’t get over run deaths won’t likely spike

But they’re gonna go up if cases keep going up
And as I have stated and we are starting to get at least some anecdotal evidence of the hospitalizations stays are much shorter and people are going home quicker.

I agree if the hospitals get overrun there is a danger but right now that really seems to be happening only in Houston. Even AZ seems to be starting to taper off a bit.

I am not trying to downplay your take, I think you know that. I am just saying we are better off now than we were 3 months ago even with the rise in cases.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 06:18 PM 07-10-2020
I've heard from both of the doctors there is no reason to get tested unless you have a preexisting condition. Take your temp and if you get a fever or feel congestion in your chest stay home, drink fluids and stay away from people.
Most simply get thru it. Since there isnt a vaccine they dont see a whole lot of reason to test for something they can barely treat.
Only those with serious conditions should be admitted.
[Reply]
O.city 06:18 PM 07-10-2020
These heavily populated states are getting wiped with cases now.

Hope things can hold up.

Better hope that once you get to about 20% there’s immunity of some kind or we’re in for a long year
[Reply]
O.city 06:20 PM 07-10-2020
Looks like Sweden is about done with the thing
[Reply]
petegz28 06:21 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
I've heard from both of the doctors there is no reason to get tested unless you have a preexisting condition. Take your temp and if you get a fever or feel congestion in your chest stay home, drink fluids and stay away from people.
Most simply get thru it. Since there isnt a vaccine they dont see a whole lot of reason to test for something they can barely treat.
I gotta tell you at this point it's almost time to go old school. Lock up the high risk people for a month and let the lower risk people get out there, get and get through and get it over with. It's like we would get through all this quicker if the people who are not in any real danger got it, got over it and moved on while the high risk people stayed back. Almost chicken pox style back in the day.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:22 PM 07-10-2020
Looks like Sweden is about done with the thing
For all the shit they took from people look at them now. I am just saying there was a method to their madness...or so it would seem.
[Reply]
TLO 06:24 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
:-)

I guess this makes sense, but I would imagine delaying treatment for too long could lead to a worse outcome. I'm not really sure how to respond to this.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:26 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

I guess this makes sense, but I would imagine delaying treatment for too long could lead to a worse outcome. I'm not really sure how to respond to this.
Sometimes the best treatment for everyone is just to let your body do its thing. It heals you without intervention and saves the external resources for those who really need it. For example, I have never called the doctor because I had the flu or a cold except when I got a sinus infection so bad I couldn't smell or taste anything for over a week. By the same token I know relatively healthy people who are at the doctor every time they sneeze or cough.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 06:27 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

What treatment is there though? Most treatments are to rectify the pre existing conditions vs the new virus. Nothing really kills the virus as a vaccine yet other than to let it run its course. The vast majority of us would just get thru it. Those that need special care need for other things in conjunction.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:27 PM 07-10-2020
For all the shit they took from people look at them now. I am just saying there was a method to their madness...or so it would seem.
They have one of the highest per capita fatality rates in the world, and their neighbors have fared better economically. You're gonna have to convince me that their approach was in any way desirable.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:28 PM 07-10-2020
@TLO if the numbers stay close to where they are it looks like we will pull in under 900. Higher than last week of course but still very good for what we have been seeing.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:29 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They have one of the highest per capita fatality rates in the world, and their neighbors have fared better economically. You're gonna have to convince me that their approach was in any way desirable.
If they are one and done then hey.....where are we? I mean they aren't very far from where we are so....
[Reply]
Page 2554 of 3903
« First < 1554205424542504254425502551255225532554 255525562557255825642604265430543554 > Last »
Up