ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1016 of 3903
« First < 16516916966100610121013101410151016 101710181019102010261066111615162016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:33 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Who claimed it would?
not anyone that ive seen.

it's to slow it down so the hospitals can keep up while also buying us time to try and figure it out
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Stfu... I'm sure before this started you of all people would have predicted that. Mr 'Lets not practice social distancing because the economy is more important!' You ain't saying that shit now are you?
I DID! I even said the suggested 'worst case scenario' of 20% unemployment was unrealistic and we would likely see worse.

Your complete inability to fucking read anything I say and then opine on it anyway is truly remarkable.

And by all means, point out where I said anything along the lines of 'don't practice social distancing'. Never said it even once. Never said anything approaching it.

You simply refuse to read anything and then argue against your straw man version of it.

This was an OBVIOUS outcome to anyone that would actually sit back and review everything instead of scream 'JUST STAY INSIDE!!!!' without thinking about its consequences.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:35 AM 04-02-2020
i mean hell where is the wall celebrating everyone that came back from vietnam alive? ww2? ww1?

there arent any that im aware of. there's probably a reason for that
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:35 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Used correctly , but the average user isn’t going to change often enough , or not touch it or move it , taking it off the Back on , letting get moist or soiled , gives people false sense of security and they don’t wash there hands as often. Is it better than nothing yes it can be. Would also need eye protection as well.
Population studies during the SARS outbreak demonstrated that medical masks offered a significant protective benefit from infection.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
not anyone that ive seen.

it's to slow it down so the hospitals can keep up while also buying us time to try and figure it out
Exactly.

Good thing with this second wave is for China it looks to be due to people abroad who were trapped abroad.

What we should do is not let that happen here if you’re not already in the us in a month or when this curve flattens you can’t come back for 21 days
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:36 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I DID! I even said the suggested 'worst case scenario' of 20% unemployment was unrealistic and we would likely see worse.

Your complete inability to fucking read anything I say and then opine on it anyway is truly remarkable.

And by all means, point out where I said anything along the lines of 'don't practice social distancing'. Never said it even once. Never said anything approaching it.

You simply refuse to read anything and then argue against your straw man version of it.

This was an OBVIOUS outcome to anyone that would actually sit back and review everything instead of scream 'JUST STAY INSIDE!!!!' without thinking about its consequences.
the issue with what you've been saying about just keep firing rounds is that you wouldnt be firing bullets, they are people's lives. not bullets.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:37 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You should leave economic discussions to the experts, FYI.
Hamas is right. I didn't want to be mean so I held back but I'm seriously shocked you haven't eaten a fucking bullet by now.

I've been reading your posts for years and have never, not once, seen one from you that wasn't lathered in misery. Try having a positive outlook and sunny disposition for just one fucking second. You might like it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hamas is right. I didn't want to be mean so I held back but I'm seriously shocked you haven't eaten a fucking bullet by now.

I've been reading your posts for years and have never, not once, seen one from you that wasn't lathered in misery. Try having a positive outlook and sunny disposition for just one fucking second. You might like it.
Yeah it's getting pretty old.

He's goddamn Eeyore 24/7.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i mean hell where is the wall celebrating everyone that came back from vietnam alive? ww2? ww1?

there arent any that im aware of. there's probably a reason for that
Because the number of recovered is the N that controls growth rate over a long-enough timeline.

That's how you eventually get your R0 nearer the 1 it needs to be to reverse effects.

It's not a celebration along the lines of "yea! That guy didn't die!!" It's an ability to monitor the other half of the equation. Without knowing how many people are now on the other side of the scale, we cannot adequately model any kind of growth rates or projections.

Knowing if/when/how the carrier pool is being reduced is vital information.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 AM 04-02-2020
ChiefsPlanet fell off the wrong side of the bed this morning.
[Reply]
kgrund 08:39 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Exactly.

Good thing with this second wave is for China it looks to be due to people abroad who were trapped abroad.

What we should do is not let that happen here if you’re not already in the us in a month or when this curve flattens you can’t come back for 21 days
After all of this you are still taking China's word?! Of course it is due to "outsiders coming in". They had it all taken care of until others came back. This could very well be the case, but knowing that Communists almost always lie, I also would believe they are just saying it is coming from the outside to make them look better.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:40 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:40 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because the number of recovered is the N that controls growth rate over a long-enough timeline.

That's how you eventually get your R0 nearer the 1 it needs to be to reverse effects.

It's not a celebration along the lines of "yea! That guy didn't die!!" It's an ability to monitor the other half of the equation. Without knowing how many people are now on the other side of the scale, we cannot adequately model any kind of growth rates or projections.

Knowing if/when/how the carrier pool is being reduced is vital information.
vital information that im SURE the people that need it have. why does pete need to spend every day crying about the media not talking about it?

and with the # of asymptomatic (who knows how many) people out there walking around i'm not sure the recovered rate even means anything at this point towards knowing if the carrier pool is being reduced.

we wont know that until they actually do mass testing. THATS whats going to tell us what we really need to know
[Reply]
Donger 08:42 AM 04-02-2020
If you get infected with SARS-CoV-2, you either recover or die, correct?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:42 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
ChiefsPlanet fell off the wrong side of the bed this morning.

2 weeks of being inside will do that to people, it will only get worse :-)
[Reply]
Page 1016 of 3903
« First < 16516916966100610121013101410151016 101710181019102010261066111615162016 > Last »
Up