ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 130
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:18 PM 12-13-2017
I don't know that Kelly would hold th value with the Os that he would with most teams. He and chance sisco aren't all that different.

Still, the Cardinals are one of the few teams that have the pitching to be able to not only make he Machado deal but also live with it.

Question: did Mozeliak use lube with Jeter? Or at least some hair goop? Whale of a trade for Ozuna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How is that better than what they got for Stanton?

Cubs need to call them up on Yelich. They are just giving players away.
at these trade prices the Cardinals should call about Yelich too. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:21 PM 12-13-2017
Cards raped Jeter.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:22 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Okay, bear with me for a minute. The Cardinals offer Gyorko, Reyes, Kelly and Grichuk to the Orioles for Machado. They say yes. There's no way they don't. That team is actually better for making that deal NOW and for the next 3 years. It's not even all that close given how little depth they have to work with.

Meanwhile the Cardinals still have DeJong to play 3b (or Carpenter if Martinez takes over at 1b). They still have Knizner to replace Molina long-term. They still have Flaherty, Weaver, Hudson, Hicks and Helsley as long-term rotation/bullpen options. They still have O'Niell if an eventual Machado extension uses up the financial resources to extend Ozuna. If they lose Machado next year, DeJong goes back to SS, Carpenter to 3b and Martinez to 1b. It's shitty, but it's not a disaster.

I mean...that makes almost too much sense, right? The Orioles get a 3 WAR 3b back in Gyorko under a great contract (who will MASH in Baltimore). They get a very high end SP prospect. They get their catcher for the next 10 years and they get another guy who will kill it in Baltimore in Grichuk, who will give them 2-3 WAR annually if they just let him go out there and hit bombs while playing credible defense. And that's for 1 year of Machado who they are now seemingly resigned to being unable to re-sign.

They're better for that deal, no? And the Cardinals suddenly have equal firepower to the Cubs.

Am I far off base there?
That seems far too logical.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:24 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't know that Kelly would hold th value with the Os that he would with most teams. He and chance sisco aren't all that different.

Still, the Cardinals are one of the few teams that have the pitching to be able to not only make he Machado deal but also live with it.

Question: did Mozeliak use lube with Jeter? Or at least some hair goop? Whale of a trade for Ozuna.

Right now from my perspective, at this moment in time, it's the best trade Mo has ever made.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:25 PM 12-13-2017
Im pretty sure Jeter's one night stand gift bag is worth more than what he is getting back in these trades.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:33 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I didn't realize the Orioles had a C prospect they liked.

But the rumors are that the Orioles are looking for less than I'd probably offer anyway. Evidently 2 pitchers that can start this season and are controlled past this year plus an OFer.

I mean...Weaver, Wacha and Grichuk fits that bill.

This just seems to be falling right into STL's wheelhouse.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:50 PM 12-13-2017

But the rumors are that the Orioles are looking for less than I'd probably offer anyway. Evidently 2 pitchers that can start this season and are controlled past this year plus an OFer.

Sources: several teams have now made trade offers for Manny Machado

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 14, 2017

Orioles aren't as dumb as the Marlins, right?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:53 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Orioles aren't as dumb as the Marlins, right?
If the Orioles don't think they can re-sign Machado, it's not remotely the same case as Stanton or Ozuna.

Stanton and Ozuna were both under control past this season. Machado isn't.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:55 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
If the Orioles don't think they can re-sign Machado, it's not remotely the same case as Stanton or Ozuna.

Stanton and Ozuna were both under control past this season. Machado isn't.
Machado isn't going to go for pennies on the dollar, no matter the years left on his contract.

The Orioles dont have the incentive of being fucking bankrupt and HAVING to trade him.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:04 PM 12-13-2017
You can at least rule out the Yankees on Machado. No way the Orioles GM trades him to those assholes. I wouldn’t count on the Sox having much of a shot either.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:05 PM 12-13-2017

I'm leary of that trade for one year. Even with Ozuna we are not a legitmate threat to win a World Series next year.

In the past I thought our baseball loving fans, history and track record of producing winners would sell itself to FA's. All we had to do was get in the neighborhood of what other teams were offering and we could close the deal. I was confident that this would occurr with Holiday. And it did.

Now, with Meathead in charge, I don't think we can get the same FA's as we once did. Marchado is going to be able to go wherever he wants to go. I just don't feel confident in the resigning to give up so much for one year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:18 PM 12-13-2017
Dan LeBatard really hit the nail on the head with this ownership group. MLB wanted to gift a franchise to Jeter, who didn't have the money, and now he's part of an ownership group that can't afford the debt service for a team w/ a publicly-funded stadium, so they're having a crackhead garage sale, selling their furniture and electronics for a hit of rock, yet Jeter is paying himself the same salary as Brian fucking Cashman. The Miami taxpayers get absolutely ratfucked in this deal, and what few Marlins fans there are get their hearts torn out again.

Baseball, Loria, and Jeter pulled a pump-and-dump scheme with a professional sports franchise on a major American city.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:24 PM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm leary of that trade for one year. Even with Ozuna we are not a legitmate threat to win a World Series next year.

In the past I thought our baseball loving fans, history and track record of producing winners would sell itself to FA's. All we had to do was get in the neighborhood of what other teams were offering and we could close the deal. I was confident that this would occurr with Holiday. And it did.

Now, with Meathead in charge, I don't think we can get the same FA's as we once did. Marchado is going to be able to go wherever he wants to go. I just don't feel confident in the resigning to give up so much for one year.
The hell we aren't. With Ozuna and Machado, that team can win a championship.

I'd risk it. Machado is going to the HoF and hes just entering his prime. If we don't make the trade, he won't be a Cardinal.

If we do, there's a solid chance he's wearing a redbird cap on his plaque. Gotta be a gambler, Moe. This is big boy baseball.
[Reply]
O.city 07:31 PM 12-13-2017
I’d like to do the deal and keep Kelly

But if not fine.

Just do it and then pay him
[Reply]
Page 111 of 130
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Up