ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 71
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCBlitz 06:45 PM 04-10-2024
Time for a wr in rd1 and rd2.
[Reply]
DavidB 06:49 PM 04-10-2024
As a kid, I watched Kojak, McMillan & Wife, Starsky & Hutch, the movie Police Academy.... As I moved into adulthood, LA Law, and then Law and Order. All of this tv programming helped me prepare for this day where charges were filed against Rashee Rice. I forgot to mention I remember the Bronco Chase and watched the OJ trial. My family watched Dallas, but I never got into that show. Any way.... this is what I expected - charges that don't make sense - somehow Rashee will help the Chiefs win their third straight Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:54 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by DavidB:
As a kid, I watched Kojak, McMillan & Wife, Starsky & Hutch, the movie Police Academy.... As I moved into adulthood, LA Law, and then Law and Order. All of this tv programming helped me prepare for this day where charges were filed against Rashee Rice. I forgot to mention I remember the Bronco Chase and watched the OJ trial. My family watched Dallas, but I never got into that show. Any way.... this is what I expected - charges that don't make sense - somehow Rashee will help the Chiefs win their third straight Super Bowl.
You have no credibility with me until I see your Night Court watching resume.
[Reply]
DavidB 06:57 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You have no credibility with me until I see your Night Court watching resume.

You are right - I have access to Night Court on Peacock since the Miami Chiefs playoff game - so I will get up to speed with that. I won't post anymore until I watch at least a season of the show. Until then... GO!!! Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 07:01 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by DavidB:
Spoiler alert: Rashee Rice shot JR.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:02 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Overzealous prosecutor using the publicity of this case for self advancement. These assholes are all the same. Looks like this could be expensive and drawn out.

[/QUOTE]

:-)
[Reply]
Womble 07:12 PM 04-10-2024
I don't know the legal system all too well in the States which is why I didn't really speculate at all about what kind of charges he could/should be facing. But if he had pulled that in England and admitted to being the driver he would 100% be looking at jail time. The camera footage from the crash is just ridiculous and he's lucky he or someone else didn't die from his reckless, abject stupidity. I'd obviously rather he gets off with a slapped wrist and helps us to the threepeat, but if he's out for the season with legal issues I'm not going to cry about it. If I pulled that I'd expect jail time, but I could never have done something like that at any point in my life, ever. Some people said in the other thread "well he's young.." **** that. I was young, all my mates were young and we never endangered others like that for kicks.

He's a ****ing moron.
[Reply]
threebag 07:16 PM 04-10-2024
Moving this to a new thread probably won’t change the direction of the first thread.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:26 PM 04-10-2024
Fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:34 PM 04-10-2024
Saleh, Hackett and Rodgers spend the two hottest months of the year in a place called Floorham, New Jersey? How the fuck is this even real
[Reply]
Stryker 07:39 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate at least.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant. All of the charges are felonies.

Collision involving injury carries a penalty of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, a fine fine not to exceed $5,000 or both. Collision involving serious bodily injury -- a third-degree felony -- carries a punishment of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years. Aggravated assault -- a second-degree felony -- is punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

So Rice is cooked then? Just fucking great. :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:46 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant. All of the charges are felonies.

Collision involving injury carries a penalty of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, a fine fine not to exceed $5,000 or both. Collision involving serious bodily injury -- a third-degree felony -- carries a punishment of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years. Aggravated assault -- a second-degree felony -- is punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

So Rice is cooked then? Just ****ing great. :-)
Per my earlier post, similar charges and worse injuries and the player got 1 game and a diversion program.

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost...1&postcount=70
[Reply]
493rd 07:57 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Per my earlier post, similar charges and worse injuries and the player got 1 game and a diversion program.

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost...1&postcount=70
I just really feel as if your view of this is wishful thinking at this point. Really hope I’m wrong, but this feels like an extended absence is incoming for Rice. I just hope the Chiefs don’t release him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:58 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by 493rd:
I just really feel as if your view of this is wishful thinking at this point. Really hope I’m wrong, but this feels like an extended absence is incoming for Rice. I just hope the Chiefs don’t release him.
Just sharing a similar charges on another NFL player who was suspended last year, and they aren't releasing Rice.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:59 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by 493rd:
You're quite honestly one of the dumbest motherfuckers I've ever encountered on the internet, and that says a lot.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 71
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up