ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 4829
« First < 2272112118119120121122 1231241251261321722226221122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:02 PM 09-02-2015
And regarding the Manning signing, lots of teams would have bought in ...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:10 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
KC isn't participating in FA and paying big money for guys from other teams? Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin... or is it just because of Manning and that's the only thing that counts here?
They do, BUT they are not building a team through FA. QB was our biggest weakness when they brought in Alex, just like WR was our biggest weakness when the got Maclin.They are sprinkling in FA's to plug the biggest holes, while drafting and developing young guys so they can be good year in and year out. The :-) are consistantly bringing in guys at the end of their careers hoping for some short term success
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:13 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
They do, BUT they are not building a team through FA. QB was our biggest weakness when they brought in Alex, just like WR was our biggest weakness when the got Maclin.They are sprinkling in FA's to plug the biggest holes, while drafting and developing young guys so they can be good year in and year out. The :-) are consistantly bringing in guys at the end of their careers hoping for some short term success
Manning, Ware ... two of the big name older guys playing prominent roles, who else?

Lots of home grown on the team as well, with older and younger FAs.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:14 PM 09-02-2015
Manning, Ware ... two of the big name older guys playing prominent roles, who else?

Lots of home grown on the team as well, with older and younger FAs.
Mathis & Welker ring a bell?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:16 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
Mathis & Welker ring a bell?
Mathis from last week out of necessity, ok. Welker, there's another.

You're right... 22 starting positions and they're killing it with old veterans. And breaking the bank in the process...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:25 PM 09-02-2015
Mathis from last week out of necessity, ok. Welker, there's another.

You're right... 22 starting positions and they're killing it with old veterans. And breaking the bank in the process...
I never said they were breaking the bank on high priced FA'S. I said that they prefer to build through free agency whereas the Chiefs (for once in my life) are building through the draft. That IMO is the best way to build a team that can compete year in and year out. It may take a little longer, but once you're there, you can become a dynasty.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:28 PM 09-02-2015
Manning, Ware, Talib, Ward, Mathis.

The Broncos are pretty active in FA.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:30 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Good investments
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:53 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Maclin, DeVito, S. Smith, Branch, Howard, Avant.

Also, Sherman, Grubbs and A. Smith by trade.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:02 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

This isn't really my debate. There's more than one way to build a team..

But Denver seems to have a penchant for going after big names in FA. All of the guys you just listed were middling players prior to coming to KC. On the other hand, everyone I mentioned that the Broncos picked up made a name for themselves prior to stepping foot in Denver.
[Reply]
TLO 05:08 PM 09-02-2015
It kind of bothers me that this thread just became the go to Broncos thread. Not that i really think the Broncos should have their own thread dedicated to them our anything. But y'all could have just chosen my gunt thread or any thread really. Why this one?
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:16 PM 09-02-2015
KC isn't participating in FA and paying big money for guys from other teams? Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin... or is it just because of Manning and that's the only thing that counts here?
KC fans didn't instantly become arrogant, entitled douche-dags vicariously through a single player's accomplishments....but seeing who Denver's GM is...makes perfect sense.

The lead up to the Superbowl was an epic display of retardation, herd mentality and fair-weather. Watching the collapse happen in front of a billion people was a thing of beauty on a lot of levels. They got what they deserved..

Unfortunately...it provided one of the worst Superbowls in history. Elway has a knack for that...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:31 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
KC fans didn't instantly become arrogant, entitled douche-dags vicariously through a single player's accomplishments....but seeing who Denver's GM is...makes perfect sense.

The lead up to the Superbowl was an epic display of retardation, herd mentality and fair-weather. Watching the collapse happen in front of a billion people was a thing of beauty on a lot of levels. They got what they deserved..

Unfortunately...it provided one of the worst Superbowls in history. Elway has a knack for that...
At least you were entertained...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:55 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

I wouldn't call it one of the worst SB's. I thought it was 43-8... Er I mean great!!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:22 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

In fairness, we got a lot of those guys in '13 when we had quite a few holes and picked 7 guys off waivers.

I'll give you Maclin but we also had the worst WR core or all time

Branch is a one year prove it deal. No one knew about Sherman and how good he'd be.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 4829
« First < 2272112118119120121122 1231241251261321722226221122 > Last »
Up