ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 360
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 01:43 PM 05-27-2015
The problem with that body style is you always have to have your rear end a little higher than your front to make it look good see how that picture actually looks like it's squatting in the back and I can't decide Wheels & Tires 5 to fill the front wheel wells and make the back wheel wells look good
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:57 PM 05-27-2015
Whatever driveline you put in it, don't forget the rear end. That 10 Bolt axle isn't going to hold up to 500 HP so it would be wise to budget for a Ford 9 inch, or at the very least a 12 bolt though the 9 inch is the better axle.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:16 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Then do this with it.

What year is that? It looks different in the back than most models around that time.
[Reply]
KC native 02:18 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
What year is that? It looks different in the back than most models around that time.
67 or 68. I just googled 67 SS Impala and went with one of the first results.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:19 PM 05-27-2015

[Reply]
hometeam 03:49 PM 05-27-2015
10 bolt will hold up to the motor as long as you dont EVER launch it :P

my old black TA was pulling wheels on stock 10 bolt~

To be honest though, I expected it to explode any time I got on it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:52 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by stonedstooge:
Anyone ever work on parking brakes? Having trouble with mine on a 96 trans am.
Not sure if you have a REAL problem or just an adjustment issue. After re-doing my back brakes, (new rotors, pads etc) i had to re-adjust it. Basically, just pop the park brake and throw the car in reverse. It tightens it up.

01 'bird with rear disc brakes.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:53 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
10 bolt will hold up to the motor as long as you dont EVER launch it :P

my old black TA was pulling wheels on stock 10 bolt~

To be honest though, I expected it to explode any time I got on it.
I've seen them grenade with surprisingly little provocation.
As long as he sticks with some 14" Uniroyal's it'll be fine but with some tires that will actually grip and put 500 HP to the ground that 10 bolt will be the fusible link in the circuit.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:02 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
I've seen them grenade with surprisingly little provocation.
As long as he sticks with some 14" Uniroyal's it'll be fine but with some tires that will actually grip and put 500 HP to the ground that 10 bolt will be the fusible link in the circuit.
Im actually debating putting new tires on my current TA. If I put decent tires on there im nervous I will pop that 10 bolt like a pimple~ So for now im sticking with some worn out all seasons and just cruising lol
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:20 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
The first is a 67 that has had all emblems removed.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 05:01 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not sure if you have a REAL problem or just an adjustment issue. After re-doing my back brakes, (new rotors, pads etc) i had to re-adjust it. Basically, just pop the park brake and throw the car in reverse. It tightens it up.

01 'bird with rear disc brakes.
Well the problem I was (hopefully no more) having is a loud scraping noise in the rear passenger wheel. I took it apart and found plenty of pad left, cleaned them up a little and stuck it back on. The noise continued.

It made the noise only while braking at first, but after I took a look at it, it started the scraping noise while driving and became louder when braking. So I took it apart again and tried putting new pads on. We fought with the bitch for over 3 hours trying to get the new pads in and get the cylinder to go back in.

FInally got the new pads in, although the inner side still looked a little cockeyed and the noise continued. When I took it apart this last time, I checked the parking brake and it only was pushing on one side of the pad, while the other side wouldn't move.

So I took apart the caliper on the suggestion of Sauto and cleaned up and regreased the slider pins. When I put it all back together this time, everything fit nicely including the new pads and it slide on the rotor easily.

Keeping my fingers crossed that when I take it out tomorrow, that noise will be gone. It was funny (HAHA) that the problem started when I was taking my son down to KU Med Center, and hit a small pothole just before going over the Truman Bridge. :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:06 PM 05-27-2015
http://www.ridetech.com/store/muscle...hash=V277.V328
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:45 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
I'm hoping some of you guys with more experience with suspension can help get me started.

I have a 67 Impala SS that I've owned since I was 16. This is the 3rd time I will go through it. Happily this is the first time that I actually have money to do it right.

Im looking for a modern low bigger rim look. Big brakes and about 5 to 600 hp. It will be. A full frame off.

I'm looking for a start on suspension and brakes. As well as recommendations for drivetrain. Currently it is a mild cam 327 with a th350 and stock non-posi rearend.
awesome car.

It's been years since I've built some of those and they were low riders.

I'm guessing you aren't in kc?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:49 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Don't think that's a 67. I could be wrong though.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:52 PM 05-27-2015
It's a five you can tell from the front bumper braces
[Reply]
Page 59 of 360
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up