ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 152
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
BossChief 02:22 AM 11-17-2022
Lol

Remember when our division was supposed to be the best in the nfl? Possibly having a chance to send all 4 teams in the playoffs?

Lolololol.

And this was supposed to be KCs step back year for huge future gains.

Oops
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 04:02 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Report: The reason the #Raiders won't fire Josh McDaniels is financial - "They don't have the money to fire him."

The team is "cash poor" and can't afford to fire McDaniels and then pay another coach, according to
@BillPlaschke

"He'll be the coach this year and next year."
That’s good news. At the beginning of the season I was happy the AFC west was settled on coaches and that it would be a strong division. Now since the other three teams have underperformed I’m worried about Sean Payton being a coach in this division. There might be three open coaching positions.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:35 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's where the report is coming from.

My question is how much did Haircut Bowl Davis have to pay Jon Gruden out of the 100 mill 10 year contract? Is that why they're in the pore house? What a dumpsterfire of an organization.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:08 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's where the report is coming from.

Of all the dumb things media/twatter types post, this is one of the stupidest.

The Raiders worth is set around $6,000,000,000, and have guaranteed revenue streams. Banks would line up around the world to loan the Raiders org money if they needed it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Of all the dumb things media/twatter types post, this is one of the stupidest.

The Raiders worth is set around $6,000,000,000, and have guaranteed revenue streams. Banks would line up around the world to loan the Raiders org money if they needed it.
:-)

Net worth and liquid assets are two different things.

And don't you think it says something when you have to BORROW money to pay off a failed coach?

Just admit it. The Raiders are a bad organization from the top all the way to the bottom.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:06 AM 11-17-2022
Tbh, I don't think most billionaires have 10s of millions in liquidity just lying around. I'd truly be curious how the logistics of all of these big money contracts work. Like, in years in which a player is due large sums, how do they move that money around? Aaron Rodgers, for example, was due something absurd like $40+ mil in 2022 alone.

Also, and this is a bit off topic, but I've read that the Bengals may face a similar issue when the time comes to extend Burrow, Chase and possibly Higgins. Apparently Brown is one of the least wealthy NFL owners and isn't projected to have the cash flow to ink such large deals so close together.

I'm sure they'll figure it out, as the Raiders probably would/will if necessary, though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:08 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tbh, I don't think most billionaires have 10s of millions in liquidity just lying around. I'd truly be curious how the logistics of all of these big money contracts work. Like, in years in which a player is due large sums, how do they move that money around? Aaron Rodgers, for example, was due something absurd like $40+ mil in 2022 alone.

Also, and this is a bit off topic, but I've read that the Bengals may face a similar issue when the time comes to extend Burrow, Chase and possibly Higgins. Apparently Brown is one of the least wealthy NFL owners and isn't projected to have the cash flow to ink such large deals so close together.

I'm sure they'll figure it out, as the Raiders probably would/will if necessary, though.
I wouldn't count on the Bengals "figuring it out". Mike Brown doesn't' have a lot of cash but more importantly, he doesn't want to spend a lot of cash. Don't be surprised if they have to gut that team to pay Burrow and Chase and nobody else.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:04 AM 11-17-2022

I've always been curious about this, too. Having non-liquid assets doesn't necessarily mean you have a lot of cash available. Guys like Mark Davis and Mike Brown don't really have massive assets other than their teams, so it seems like they pay everything via the team's cash flow. Granted, I suspect that NFL teams are highly profitable so the model must work, but those teams need the money, whereas numerous other teams could be run as a hobby.

I kind of wonder if we could at some point have teams fold if the big-money TV contracts take a hit. In the 1920s teams folded because expenses were really low but revenues were also really low. Then we had a long period of time where expenses were relatively low and revenues grew rapidly. Now we're in an era where expenses are really high. Some of these legacy teams need revenues to be really high to cover those expenses, so if the revenues go down, what happens to them?
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 10:16 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've always been curious about this, too. Having non-liquid assets doesn't necessarily mean you have a lot of cash available. Guys like Mark Davis and Mike Brown don't really have massive assets other than their teams, so it seems like they pay everything via the team's cash flow. Granted, I suspect that NFL teams are highly profitable so the model must work, but those teams need the money, whereas numerous other teams could be run as a hobby.

I kind of wonder if we could at some point have teams fold if the big-money TV contracts take a hit. In the 1920s teams folded because expenses were really low but revenues were also really low. Then we had a long period of time where expenses were relatively low and revenues grew rapidly. Now we're in an era where expenses are really high. Some of these legacy teams need revenues to be really high to cover those expenses, so if the revenues go down, what happens to them?
I think you can look at the Packers to see how this can or can't work. They are a publicly traded company so their financials are available. I'm far from a financial analyst so I can't really comment on how they are doing, but they don't have "family money" to cover expenses. It is pretty much NFL revenue and little else. They can however raise capital by issuing new stock certificates.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:18 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63:
I think you can look at the Packers to see how this can or can't work. They are a publicly traded company so their financials are available. I'm far from a financial analyst so I can't really comment on how they are doing, but they don't have "family money" to cover expenses. It is pretty much NFL revenue and little else. The can however raise capital by issuing new stock certificates.
Good point.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:02 AM 11-17-2022
Scout report on Carr when coming out of Fresno State:

“ Footwork needs improvement; he often retreats from pressure and throws off his back foot. Needs to step into his throws more consistently.
Poor decision-making under duress.
Average pocket presence with wavering poise and unrefined pocket movement.
Stares down his intended target. He needs to improve eye discipline.
Too often appears to be flustered by pressure. Can be quick to flee the pocket.
Inconsistent mechanics, has a tendency to lock his lower half and throw with his arm alone.
Struggles when his receivers’ routes are disrupted.
Often late to recognize the blitz.
Operated almost exclusively out of shotgun with four or five receiver sets.
Not an anticipatory thrower.
Will not hurt defenses on the ground. He has enough mobility to get by but is not much of a running threat.
Hangs his receivers out to dry at times.
Does not appear to see the field very well, throwing into double-teams occasionally.
Struggled with top competition. College career ended on a lousy note as he was erratic vs. USC in the Las Vegas Bowl.”

Other than I think he picks up blitzes well enough, the rest of this still rings true today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Scout report on Carr when coming out of Fresno State:

“ Footwork needs improvement; he often retreats from pressure and throws off his back foot. Needs to step into his throws more consistently.
Poor decision-making under duress.
Average pocket presence with wavering poise and unrefined pocket movement.
Stares down his intended target. He needs to improve eye discipline.
Too often appears to be flustered by pressure. Can be quick to flee the pocket.
Inconsistent mechanics, has a tendency to lock his lower half and throw with his arm alone.
Struggles when his receivers’ routes are disrupted.
Often late to recognize the blitz.
Operated almost exclusively out of shotgun with four or five receiver sets.
Not an anticipatory thrower.
Will not hurt defenses on the ground. He has enough mobility to get by but is not much of a running threat.
Hangs his receivers out to dry at times.
Does not appear to see the field very well, throwing into double-teams occasionally.
Struggled with top competition. College career ended on a lousy note as he was erratic vs. USC in the Las Vegas Bowl.”

Other than I think he picks up blitzes well enough, the rest of this still rings true today.
His field vision and eye discipline have actually gotten worse this season. He seems to zero in on Adams to the detriment of the rest of the offense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:15 AM 11-17-2022
So Davis is cash poor? Like he doesn't have the money to buy out Josh, he had to pay Gruden and then hire a new coach? That's pretty sad considering he owns an effing NFL team.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:20 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
So Davis is cash poor? Like he doesn't have the money to buy out Josh, he had to pay Gruden and then hire a new coach? That's pretty sad considering he owns an effing NFL team.
I mean, first of all.. lol at a broke bitch on CP laughing about a millionaire being "cash poor".

We're talking about a fuckton of money. From some light Googling I've done, it appears the Raiders might have still owed Gruden up to $40 million after they fired him. I can't find the new contract details but McDaniels was making $4m/year in New England so you have to imagine he's making more as HC in LV.

You could be talking about nearly $50 million owed to two bum ass coaches if they were to let McDaniels go, plus the money required to pay a new head coach and his staff. I wouldn't imagine many people could eat that sort of hit in cash on short notice.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:22 PM 11-17-2022
I mean, first of all.. lol at a broke bitch on CP laughing about a millionaire being "cash poor".

We're talking about a ****ton of money. From some light Googling I've done, it appears the Raiders might have still owed Gruden up to $40 million after they fired him. I can't find the new contract details but McDaniels was making $4m/year in New England so you have to imagine he's making more as HC in LV.

You could be talking about nearly $50 million owed to two bum ass coaches if they were to let McDaniels go, plus the money required to pay a new head coach and his staff. I wouldn't imagine many people could eat that sort of hit in cash on short notice.
I believe Gruden was owed $60 million at the time he stepped down as in resignation. He may well have forfeited that money unless it goes to court where he proves he was forced to resign.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 152
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Up